GrainCorp Employee Reviews

Lot of changes - would steer clear
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW27 May 2019
Graincorp is in the middle of its 3rd restructure - during its 2nd they hired probably 40 people and then sacked most of them. Stay away until the dust settles!
HR is also shocking from start the finish, they take too long to hire, they get applicants mixed up - I was offered 76K then they called me back as if they never spoke to me before telling me the salary was 83K - HR dont want you to come near them either.
If they call you into a meeting its because you are being made redundant.
Pros
Great location (head office)
Cons
No clear destination
Enjoyed working at GrainCorp
Transport and Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD20 March 2019
Managing teams.
Following up emails and phone calls when required.
Travelling to sites when required.
Organising distribution of grain handling logistics.
Pros
Great wage and working environment
Cons
Made redundant due to drought
Great company to work for
Assistant Financial Accountant (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at Graincorp as it was flexible as well as a good work life balance. Employee salary was decent, performance recognition was good. Management always helpful and approachable. All employees were very nice people.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Not many social activities or events
interesting work with varied people and jobs
grain handler/ sampler (Former Employee) –  seasonal9 October 2018
Work was usually spent sampling trucks filled with Grain and classifying them for quality. I learned how to deal with some difficult growers and drivers, who were always after the best results. I had management back up as I worked and if there were any problems it was usually sorted. the work was always casual, and some co-workers were very casual and made some tasks difficult, but in general the work was fairly simple and if you followed the company policies it was usually good work.
Great company to work for
Site Manager Graincorp (Former Employee) –  Queensland and NSW5 September 2018
Graincoorp is on a great safety journey, the culture being imbedded in the company is awesome.

There needs to be more attention paid to the aging infrastructure of some of the older grain handling facilities.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Aging infrastructure
Productive environment
Unloading (Former Employee) –  Coonamble NSW21 August 2018
Good environemt with pther hard working people.
There is always work that os required to be done.
Never a dull moment in this work environment
And you're always getting assistance
Productive, safe workplace. A great casual summer job.
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Dingee VIC13 August 2018
I was a summer casual over harvest. It was a great way to make bit of money quickly. It was hard work with long hours but overall I enjoyed the experience, especially because it was my first real job out of high school. Also, it was easy to transition from training to work.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Great team to work with, flexible hours. Great money and easy going work
Grain Handler (Former Employee) –  Moree NSW12 August 2018
Graincorp has taught me how to work in a team environment, working under pressure and taking initiative, being independent and working long hours without any hiccups.
Pros
Felxible hours
Cons
Long hours, working in the sun, working under pressure
Very busy and productive work environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Condobolin NSW 287726 July 2018
Graincorp is a great place to work and learn about agriculture and farm macinery, also a very good way to earn money at the end of year harvest. and always a good social workplace
Hot dusty
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Euabalong West NSW6 March 2018
Working long hours,in very hot windy conditions, unloading trucks ,also loading train for export over seas to other country.And we have to do cleaning duties,plus so grain handling.
Pros
Good paid
Cons
Hot condition, dusty, long hours
Good people to work with.
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Euabalong West NSW3 March 2018
Very hot condition in the harvest season dusty at lot of trucks getting & a bit of loader driving , & shoveling work , pulling big tarp to cover the wheat bunker.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Hot dusty & very long hours
Great company
Senior operations (Former Employee) –  Murarrie QLD1 January 2018
Even though my original site has closed down it was a great place to work, all employees were great, its a shame the place closed down.

fantastic work/home life
Variety
School Based Trainee Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dubbo NSW28 December 2017
I had the chance to work on a variety of machinery in lots of different locations around the Dubbo area. The team there were willing to assist me in learning as much as i could in the time that I was there.
National Account Manager Woolworths (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW4 December 2017
Good work life balance, good management, but un-competitve prices driving the company to restructure and make a lot of people redundant. Excellent location, flexible hours and happy people
Pros
good culture, good work life, good pay
Cons
in the foods business we could not compete with other suppliers in the industry, dragging sales, profit and therefore people to leave the job.
Great summertime job for some quick cash during harvest
Harvest Casual (Current Employee) –  Boort VIC3 December 2017
I decided to work at GrainCorp over harvest after growing up on a farm and having a good understanding of cropping and agriculture. I had a paid training to teach me to work in the sample stand in the months leading up to harvest. The hardest part of the job was the long hours but it definitely pays off because the overtime rates are great. It was such a fun workplace and everyone at my site was a lot of fun.
Pros
Great pay, casual work environment, flexible hours as a casual
Cons
Very long hours during harvest, late nights and early starts
Suitable both in my qualifications and being able to work unsupervised
Grain Handler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 November 2017
Grain corp allowed myself to grow and become experienced in a range of positions,and also gain certificates to benefit myself going forward unfortunately the company closed down
Pros
Suited family lifestyle and times also location was close
Cons
Was permanent part time all those years
Together we do more
Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 November 2017
In 2016, GrainCorp celebrated 100 years of growth. Today, we are proud to be Australia’s largest agribusiness with diversified operations that span four continents and the global food supply chain. Great to be part of a company with so much history and even more potential in the coming years!
Pros
Our people can be proud that, as a leading international agri-business, we provide an increasingly important service across the food and beverage supply chain.
Cons
We are committed to ensuring that GrainCorp can meet the needs of our grower customers, as we all respond to the challenges of a much drier season.
Learn different areas of work due to ability to adapt.
PROCESS WORKER (Current Employee) –  West Footscray VIC20 August 2017
Working on a process line. We rotate through different workstations every 30 minutes to break it up. Management are good they also pitch in when required. Safety is a major part of the workplace culture alongside best quality product for our customers, working hand in hand to minimize wastage. The most enjoyable part of the job is knock off time.
Pros
Free soup in winter, good hourly rate
Cons
Only use casuals, not enough hours
Very productive
Analyst (Former Employee) –  sydney10 July 2017
Very productive and helped a lot to learn skills both technically and functional .Good pace with client and team.Enjoyed the work culture even in a typical day at work.
grain corp, grain handler.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Walgett NSW9 July 2017
Great company with the best education of skills programme. In house promotion and education for any staff is preffered and supported.Yearly work with great pay rates and conditions for all staff. Managers and other staff members are all great to work with and quiet well trainned. Long hours but on site accomidation in most siotes is avalible.
Pros
Greart pay
Cons
Long hours, Heat, Dusty as

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GrainCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2