GrainCorp
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

GrainCorp Employee Reviews

Australia65 reviews
GrainCorp is a well organised, safe and fun place to work. It is well equipped for handling employee safety. they also offer jobs for the summer and harvest.
GrianCorp is going through major structural and demerger, very stressful to work.
Politics and lobbying culture

No clear roadmap and top management lacking the business knowledge. Experience people have left the company in the last five to six years

Good workmates
I haven't worked for the grain industry for 41 years. I believe they have made a whole bunch of changes since then. I was a silo operator then. Management thought they didn't need workers kept on side, so they give everybody notice then re-employed them on a employ when they needed staff. I didn't need that so I looked for work elsewhere. Then I was employed by Chinchilla Health as a Wardsperson for 16 years. You can make your own interpretation of this. I kind of think that if you show no care for your worker then don't expect your worker to show any respect for you.
Good pay & working at fast pace quick learner willing to learn has i go love to learn has i go willing to do part time work until I gain the experience I need to gain a good work position in the future with who ever was to employ me or if I gain some employment in the future
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Good work
Management work ethics and manners to lower position workers are poor. They show more loyalty to their backpacker work force than Australian work force maybe because they help cover up their unsafe work practices.
I dont mind worming again with my experience as a pick paking and making up boxes labelling tipping.
I am ready to perform if theres is a vacancy near me.
Not bad pay and work life balance.
Lack of career progression.

Inward looking, not encouraging of ideas.

Reactionary management rather than being proactive to the market
I would highly recommend grain Corp to anyone that one of the best companies I have worked for and still work for and they have a lot of repect for their workers and treat them well
I love the atmosphere and getting to know the farmers. the work is routinely and an enjoyable team working atmosphere. the hours are long but worth it!
Graincorp is in the middle of its 3rd restructure - during its 2nd they hired probably 40 people and then sacked most of them. Stay away until the dust settles!
HR is also shocking from start the finish, they take too long to hire, they get applicants mixed up - I was offered 76K then they called me back as if they never spoke to me before telling me the salary was 83K - HR dont want you to come near them either.

If they call you into a meeting its because you are being made redundant.
Pros
Great location (head office)
Cons
No clear destination
Plenty of versatile projects in many fields.

always a September Rush (end of year)

Left alone to self manage

Good variety with ports and Country Site work
Pros
Work from Home some times
Cons
Long Hours
Managing teams.
Following up emails and phone calls when required.

Travelling to sites when required.

Organising distribution of grain handling logistics.
Pros
Great wage and working environment
Cons
Made redundant due to drought
I enjoyed my time at Graincorp as it was flexible as well as a good work life balance. Employee salary was decent, performance recognition was good. Management always helpful and approachable. All employees were very nice people.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Not many social activities or events
Work was usually spent sampling trucks filled with Grain and classifying them for quality. I learned how to deal with some difficult growers and drivers, who were always after the best results. I had management back up as I worked and if there were any problems it was usually sorted. the work was always casual, and some co-workers were very casual and made some tasks difficult, but in general the work was fairly simple and if you followed the company policies it was usually good work.
Graincoorp is on a great safety journey, the culture being imbedded in the company is awesome.

There needs to be more attention paid to the aging infrastructure of some of the older grain handling facilities.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Aging infrastructure
Good environemt with pther hard working people.
There is always work that os required to be done.

Never a dull moment in this work environment

And you're always getting assistance
I was a summer casual over harvest. It was a great way to make bit of money quickly. It was hard work with long hours but overall I enjoyed the experience, especially because it was my first real job out of high school. Also, it was easy to transition from training to work.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Long hours.
Graincorp has taught me how to work in a team environment, working under pressure and taking initiative, being independent and working long hours without any hiccups.
Pros
Felxible hours
Cons
Long hours, working in the sun, working under pressure
Graincorp is a great place to work and learn about agriculture and farm macinery, also a very good way to earn money at the end of year harvest. and always a good social workplace
Working long hours,in very hot windy conditions, unloading trucks ,also loading train for export over seas to other country.And we have to do cleaning duties,plus so grain handling.
Pros
Good paid
Cons
Hot condition, dusty, long hours
Very hot condition in the harvest season dusty at lot of trucks getting & a bit of loader driving , & shoveling work , pulling big tarp to cover the wheat bunker.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Hot dusty & very long hours