GrainCorp

GrainCorp Employee Reviews

Australia75 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Good place for backpackers to make money

It's overall a good place to work. Reasonable wage and easy working tasks. It could be very fast paced during harvest time, but fairly high income as well.

Its good

It is a good place to work if you are looking for extra money doing seasonal job. Fair pay with overtimes, and good people to work with. Work conditions can get very hot during summer as the job is done outside

Your just a number

Very poorly mismanaged , constantly turning over staff, I worked hard for them for 5 years and they terminated my employment for no reason but to cover up there own mistakes

Made good money.

Good money for harvest workers, make the money while the overtime is on, The same as all seasonal work.chances to work the rail shutter engine s, some of the guys got to load the ships.Safty training is very good .The export terminal is close to the beach,s of Newcastle and bread for a early morning swim before work.

Pros

Good lunch room, clean showers and kitchen.

Cons

Routine work.

No time for table tennis

Some areas of work were quite heave and very fast pace. Other areas were a little slower, but Supervisors there tend to recruit people of same nationalities as themselves.

Pros

Free Coffee, Very Good Wages.

Cons

Very hot working conditions

good place

not bad, good place, hot weather. for girls, sampler and weighbridge is easy job. weighbridge is the most easiest job. for boys. hot outside job. pay by two weeks.

Pros

good pay

Cons

work depends on weather

Great people doing great things for the same reason!

I'd never worked outside of full corporate settings before - never mind in agribusiness but I regret not looking at it sooner!The people here are just so friendly, helpful and want to be successful together that everyone pulls in the same direction.It can get very busy but if you're up for a bit of hard work knowing you are making a difference then I suggest you look to see where you can be part of the team!

Pros

The people and the industry.

Cons

Can be a challenge in tough weather years but addressing that with more diverse revenue streams

It was a fair place to work with some interesting areas

I was tasked with walking beside a moving Train with a crow bar emptying wagon of grain by sliding the bar into a hole and turning valve open to release the grain into an underground silo. Not a job for the weak, as you had a time limit to keep up with the trains 3 valves per wagon open and shut by the time the wagon left the silo pit area. The last thing you wanted was to get the driver to stop the train because you were too slow. After a few months doing this i then worked in the Weigh Bridge scales office for a period of time until a better job came along closer to my electrical interests

Pros

night shift, worked hard for a short time to get the job done and go home earlier

Cons

Very labour intensive and repetative

Good pay, long hours

Diverse range of jobs available. Alot of physical work and outside work. Some of it is machine operating.The pay is good, the hours are there sometimes.

Pros

Coffee supplied. Good pay. Good culture.

Overall a rewarding experience

Professional and relaxing working conditions although, weather.conditions, including dust, wind, heat, and the cold winds coming of Corio Bay can cause challenges. Furthermore risk due to the low ignition rate for grain dust, it is dangerous.

Pros

Safety management procedures

Cons

Probmatic environment

Competitive and dynamic work place

GrianCorp is going through major structural and demerger, very stressful to work. Politics and lobbying culture No clear roadmap and top management lacking the business knowledge. Experience people have left the company in the last five to six years Good workmates

Hard work If your conscientious.

I haven't worked for the grain industry for 41 years. I believe they have made a whole bunch of changes since then. I was a silo operator then. Management thought they didn't need workers kept on side, so they give everybody notice then re-employed them on a employ when they needed staff. I didn't need that so I looked for work elsewhere. Then I was employed by Chinchilla Health as a Wardsperson for 16 years. You can make your own interpretation of this. I kind of think that if you show no care for your worker then don't expect your worker to show any respect for you.

a fun and casual place to work

GrainCorp is a well organised, safe and fun place to work. It is well equipped for handling employee safety. they also offer jobs for the summer and harvest.

Good pay fast paced good working

Good pay & working at fast pace quick learner willing to learn has i go love to learn has i go willing to do part time work until I gain the experience I need to gain a good work position in the future with who ever was to employ me or if I gain some employment in the future

Pros

Fast pace

Cons

Good work

Not a good work culture

Management work ethics and manners to lower position workers are poor. They show more loyalty to their backpacker work force than Australian work force maybe because they help cover up their unsafe work practices.

Im ready to work anytime

I dont mind worming again with my experience as a pick paking and making up boxes labelling tipping. I am ready to perform if theres is a vacancy near me.

Reactionary putting out fires.

Not bad pay and work life balance. Lack of career progression. Inward looking, not encouraging of ideas. Reactionary management rather than being proactive to the market

Grain Corp

I would highly recommend grain Corp to anyone that one of the best companies I have worked for and still work for and they have a lot of repect for their workers and treat them well

hardworking but enoyable

I love the atmosphere and getting to know the farmers. the work is routinely and an enjoyable team working atmosphere. the hours are long but worth it!

Lot of changes - would steer clear

Graincorp is in the middle of its 3rd restructure - during its 2nd they hired probably 40 people and then sacked most of them. Stay away until the dust settles! HR is also shocking from start the finish, they take too long to hire, they get applicants mixed up - I was offered 76K then they called me back as if they never spoke to me before telling me the salary was 83K - HR dont want you to come near them either. If they call you into a meeting its because you are being made redundant.

Pros

Great location (head office)

Cons

No clear destination

Typical Year

Plenty of versatile projects in many fields. always a September Rush (end of year) Left alone to self manage Good variety with ports and Country Site work

Pros

Work from Home some times

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GrainCorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• GrainCorp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?