Greencross Vets

42: Greencross Vets Employee Reviews

Australia42 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Well equipped workplace

Friendly staff well equipped in most clinics. Wages are award. Ratios of vet to nurse accurate. Good training and continued education within the company.

Ongoing Change Management

A typical day at work: Business is business I learned heaps of skills by delivering what needs to be done. Management is management and human. Infant stage "diverse" workplace culture (implicit quota for non-Australians) The hardest part of the job is to play along with the ongoing silos and navigating through pre-existing political bias while doing the actual deliverables. Real contributions aren't recognized, also be cautious of credit grabbers make sure to always respond in black and white. The most enjoyable part of the job is the downtime or laid back lunch picnics and bar meetings before or after work. Cupcake Wednesday (1st week)

Wonderful place to work

My best work experience ever. I have worked in 5 different countries. This place sets the pace! I loved every minute of working with both NZ and AUS brands.

Work experience

This was a fun place to do my student work experience at, although I did not get paid, I loved the experience of working in a veterinarian clinic and working with the animals.

Pros

working with animals

Cons

work experience

Fun workplace, work with all creatures.

Great place to work and all staff are friendly and helpful when teaching you and training. Was able to observe medical procedures and get the full experience of a veterinarian.

Nice Veterinary Office

A great and fantastic place to undertake work experience. The team are always eager to help and are very passionate about their animals/patients. I learnt a lot while working there as it was a valuable experience.

Great experience with Veterinary Clinic

I gained a lot of experience in the day to day running of a Veterinary Clinic and was able to be involved with the duties that the head vet was doing. It was really enjoyable and rewarding to be able to help all times of animals.

Productive, Friendly Environment aimed at protecting, treating animals to best of their ability and ensuring every patient comes out with a satisfied

Greencross Kawana Waters had provided me with the opportunity to do a one week of work experience and had made my time volunteering for them so enjoyable. Their work ethic, friendliness and compassion for animals is unbelievably genuine and they have a strong desire to achieve ultimate goals. I believe they are productive, manage their time efficiently, neat and tidy and have an amazing culture in their workplace. I learnt some basics of a veterinary assistants job, completed cleaning, laundry, rubbish, vacuuming, mopping jobs. Helped pout with some admin, scans of files, labelling of animal products and made multiple flush injections. My time at Greencross Kawana Waters has been not only enjoyable but pleasant and an overall exciting time.

Work Experience Student

A great place that cares a lot about the overall welfare of animals. Staff could not have been more friendly. As a work experience student I learnt how a veterinarian clinic is run.

Low pay bad culture

Not good place Especially for new graduates Takes advantage of the fact that you are a new grad. Culture in some clinics (Gold Coast region) is very very poor. Poor client relationships. All about $$$ getting out of clients and going thru consults super fast not about taking care of the client. A lot of push to meet KPI and focus on income from practice which I I don’t like. It should be focussed around good vet medicine and client service.

Not enjoyable

Was a work placement student with this clinic and was unable to complete my placement because the workplace went through some restructuring. Whilst I was there I was put in uncomfortable positions and the workplace conditions were appalling.

Na

Work day is as normal as other companies Management is ok Should be good if there are more benefits for employees except pet relevant Company is a multiple culture company

Perfect Learning Experience

Everyone was committed to help you learn as much as possible. Was never a dull experience and there was always something to do around the place. Was such a good place to gain my current knowledge in Vet Nursing and help me thrive in my studies now.

Not family friendly, No work life balance

There is very little encouragement or assistance from Head Office or the Area Manager. Expectations are all financial. There is not work-life balance. You can be expected to be at work from 7am to 7pm with only getting paid from 8-6. Lunch breaks are often hard to find. Conditions within the clinic are old and outdated.

Pros

Cheap Vet care for your Pet. Team becomes family

Cons

Often missed lunch breaks, Uninterested and uncaring area manager, No work life balance, Not family friendly.

Great Vet Clinic

Overall Greencross Vets are an amazing team and business. I learned a lot of new skills volunteering there two years ago. My favourite part was helping families when there best friend needs it the most.

Great company and environment to work with

Company is great to work with. I learned a lot especially working with other department and how to improve myself with the systems used for Greencross. It is unfortunate that the Job security is limited due to the nature of the business. Hardest part is being unable to reconcile accounts due to many issues with different department. I enjoy the work culture and great manager.

good learning experience

i was a high school student doing work experience. it was a good experience that week. the other workers where considerate of the position i was in. most workers there where doing a course as a nurse

Pros

goof learning vibe, chill people

Cons

not always quiet

good frontline staff , enjoyable place to work,

good work culture & excellent continuing education. advancement opportunities for both vets & nurses. management have good ideas but sometimes implementation is poorly managed

Pros

great continuing education

Cons

sometimes poor change management

Clean, and friendly staff

Cozy community in the workplace. Always has great care for their client. Always kept clean and smelling nice. Location is easy to access as well via public transport.

Friendly environment, very helpful to any questions

Greencross Vets opened my eyes to finding job in the veterinary field, the also helped me understand what it would be like working in a successful veterinary clinic. however the hardest part of this job was watching sock or old animals being put to sleep.

Pros

Helpful environment

Cons

Lunch would not be until 2pm, due to how busy it was

Dream Job!

Great company with great services and genuine caring of pets and clients. Management team is just superb and wonderful support to cascade down in to the clinic.

Pros

discounted vet fees for your pets, access to a vet at any time

Cons

low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greencross Vets. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Greencross Vets with