Greencross Vets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Greencross Vets Employee Reviews

Friendly staff well equipped in most clinics. Wages are award. Ratios of vet to nurse accurate. Good training and continued education within the company.
My best work experience ever. I have worked in 5 different countries. This place sets the pace! I loved every minute of working with both NZ and AUS brands.
Great place to work and all staff are friendly and helpful when teaching you and training. Was able to observe medical procedures and get the full experience of a veterinarian.
A great and fantastic place to undertake work experience. The team are always eager to help and are very passionate about their animals/patients. I learnt a lot while working there as it was a valuable experience.
Greencross Kawana Waters had provided me with the opportunity to do a one week of work experience and had made my time volunteering for them so enjoyable. Their work ethic, friendliness and compassion for animals is unbelievably genuine and they have a strong desire to achieve ultimate goals. I believe they are productive, manage their time efficiently, neat and tidy and have an amazing culture in their workplace. I learnt some basics of a veterinary assistants job, completed cleaning, laundry, rubbish, vacuuming, mopping jobs. Helped pout with some admin, scans of files, labelling of animal products and made multiple flush injections. My time at Greencross Kawana Waters has been not only enjoyable but pleasant and an overall exciting time.
A great place that cares a lot about the overall welfare of animals. Staff could not have been more friendly. As a work experience student I learnt how a veterinarian clinic is run.
Not good place Especially for new graduates Takes advantage of the fact that you are a new grad. Culture in some clinics (Gold Coast region) is very very poor. Poor client relationships. All about $$$ getting out of clients and going thru consults super fast not about taking care of the client. A lot of push to meet KPI and focus on income from practice which I I don’t like. It should be focussed around good vet medicine and client service.
Work day is as normal as other companies Management is ok Should be good if there are more benefits for employees except pet relevant Company is a multiple culture company
Everyone was committed to help you learn as much as possible. Was never a dull experience and there was always something to do around the place. Was such a good place to gain my current knowledge in Vet Nursing and help me thrive in my studies now.
There is very little encouragement or assistance from Head Office or the Area Manager. Expectations are all financial. There is not work-life balance. You can be expected to be at work from 7am to 7pm with only getting paid from 8-6. Lunch breaks are often hard to find. Conditions within the clinic are old and outdated.
Pros
Cheap Vet care for your Pet. Team becomes family
Cons
Often missed lunch breaks, Uninterested and uncaring area manager, No work life balance, Not family friendly.
Overall Greencross Vets are an amazing team and business. I learned a lot of new skills volunteering there two years ago. My favourite part was helping families when there best friend needs it the most.
i was a high school student doing work experience. it was a good experience that week. the other workers where considerate of the position i was in. most workers there where doing a course as a nurse
Pros
goof learning vibe, chill people
Cons
not always quiet
good work culture & excellent continuing education. advancement opportunities for both vets & nurses. management have good ideas but sometimes implementation is poorly managed
Pros
great continuing education
Cons
sometimes poor change management
Cozy community in the workplace. Always has great care for their client. Always kept clean and smelling nice. Location is easy to access as well via public transport.
Greencross Vets opened my eyes to finding job in the veterinary field, the also helped me understand what it would be like working in a successful veterinary clinic. however the hardest part of this job was watching sock or old animals being put to sleep.
Pros
Helpful environment
Cons
Lunch would not be until 2pm, due to how busy it was
Great company with great services and genuine caring of pets and clients. Management team is just superb and wonderful support to cascade down in to the clinic.
Pros
discounted vet fees for your pets, access to a vet at any time
Cons
low salary
A positive and supportive environment, friendly workers and supervisors along with a clean, hygienic workplace. Break times are generous and socially sound.
Greencross Vet offered a very informative and educational experience for my Duke of Edinburgh Award. They gave me a hands on experience with all of the tasks involved in being a Vetrinary Assistant.
Pros
Assisted in completion of my Duke of Edinburgh bronze award.
Cons
Not a full insight to what a Veterinarian would do on a day to day basis.
it was hard work but they made it interesting each day, it was a challenge each day, the staff that works there are super nice and made me feel welcome the minute I walked in there.
Worked with great clients and staff, poor management. Hardest part of the job was clients having to let go of their pets. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing both clients and animals happy.
Pros
Worked well within family
Cons
Poor Management
i just help out in the vet, i do cleaning and i take the animals outside and clean out in the bed stuff. help them get ready for surgery when they need help if it