Greyhound
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Greyhound:

Greyhound Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
If you haven't lived on a site it will be hard for you.
The people are good

at 90% of the safety is great but the unwritten code is hard to follow as I like to cross my tees and dot my I.

But over all good place to work.

I have no problem going back to work for them, if they have me
Rampant bullying from the General Manager down the line to co oridinators. Favouritism to brownnosed incompentant fools.unprofessiobal HR department that only serves to appease the bulling of general manger.
Pros
Na
Cons
General manager is a bully.
the shift can be long and drawn out, also working at very odd hours of the night. my depot supervisor was easy to get along with and very helpful yet the head office in Brisbane showed very little support for they're drivers and I found that workers only ever heard from head office if they were in trouble. still the pay was reasonably fair and the work can be rewarding.
Very negative management. The company has what it takes to be the world's best company but proves very frustrating.Managers are too scared to speak up and are usually employed from outside the industry. Rostering never was as per the EBA.
Great place to work and create and to work collaboratively. Everybody works together and achieve great results.

Loved working there and will always cherish the experience
Bowan basin Regional and Operations Managers are very inexperienced on how you treat staff, Zero people skills and continuous lies .Your pay is never right so need to follow up weekly and you are only paid 8 hours for 14 hour days. Scedulars always get runs wrong and the blame drivers.I have worked around the world and Greyhound would be the worst company to work for. Better managment would make it a great place to work otherwise.
I enjoy working at Greyhound They are good to me and I love my job. I would recommend anyone to work at Greyhound. They have a Training program which teaches you a lot .
Being sent on long distance runs and not knowing the run. Manager of Mackay stating all the drivers are dickheads. Not having accommodation ready when I arrived was made to drive out of my hours and was breached. Too many shifts which breached hours. Poor maintenance.
As a female applying for the position of a heavy vehicle trade assistant i was welcomed and given incredible experience by the many very talented staff in all aspects of the company. I would highly recommend Greyhound to anyone who is willing to work hard because the support you receive in return is rewarding and the staff are understanding and accepting. understanding
Overall I had 6 years at greyhound and loved i had to resign due to relocation with my husbands job.
I loved my time at greyhound Australia and I actually miss working there
Manager bullies staff. Staff are scared of him.
Staff overworked and stressed.

Staff (from all fields ranging from Admin, Workshops, Schedulers and Bus Drivers) resigning most days due to bullying tactics.

No work / life balance.

Told daily my Manager - 'Just make it happen' - which means stay at work until the work is done even if it's late at night.

Reasonable unpaid overtime means do the workload or your sacked.
Pros
It was a job!
Cons
Overworked, Stressed, Bullied, Not paid for hours worked
it was great to meet new people but you where never home and if you got home it wasnt for long i was doing the mackay to mines to camp so i dont no about the express driving
Pros
good coin
Cons
never home
Great team work with the staff and other workers.

Living at the camp was a fun place as they have good gyms, and pools to relax in after work. Shops and good food on offer for the time your away at the camps.

A typical day was to check the bus over for any possible breakdowns. then ensure all passengers were belted in their seatbelts and no loose luggage or items rolling around the bus.

Then drive a 30 minute drive to the destination, and then back to the camp. Then do the same thing in the afternoon go to the site, pick up the passengers and drive them back to camp.

Shower then go to the mess hall for dinner and retire for the evening.

Most enjoyable was meeting people with different trades and qualifications and learning about the type of work they do.
Pros
Great staff, always helpful with new routes and rosters.
Cons
not being home to water the herb gardens.
Typical day - Get everything ready prior to buses leaving the depot
What I learnt - Lots of skills I did not have

Management was good

A lot of diverse culture in the drivers

The most enjoyable time in this job was working as a team
greyhound Australia is a competitive and Fantastic company to work for. Very competotive salary and huge potetial for career advancement. I would recomend greyhound Australia for anyone who would like great training and unparrelelled career advancement
After 10 years it was time for a change, I've enjoyed working at Greyhound and worked with a lot of great people its a very diverse company with a lot of different sectors, Its a very old company and is the largest Bus Transport provider in Australia, the pay is not bad but expect to work long hours and no family life balance with working weekends just the normal routine.
Pros
Eagle Farm Location, easy to get to.
Cons
Very long hours, no work life balance.
* Safely transport employees working at liquid natural gas construction site to and from airport, accommodations, worksite, and town centre; drive minibuses such as Mercedes i6, Scania, Volvo, Higer, King Long, Iveco with 57-person capacity and 4WD vehicles.
* Conduct daily pre-start checks, refuelling, and routine maintenance checks of all vehicles, sustaining vehicle operability and high safety standards.

* Prepare and complete documentation for daily runs, pre-start checklists, deliveries, and monthly performance reviews.

All and all very good experience company was very good to work for....
Pros
Excellent rates of pays
Cons
$weeks and on and 1 off was very challenging
Taking pax and freight safely into the outback areas of WA. Get to see are large part of the country and meet many different people. Learnt some very valuable driving skills.
Pros
Travelling, scenery and meeting people
Cons
poor pay, very long tiring hours.
Great culture and opportunity to develop customer service and driving skills. Very autonomous job with lots of responsibility
Pros
wage
Cons
time away from home
- Great Drivers some great people to work with
- Enjoy the customer service

- Driving and taking pride in what I do best

- Life style is rather different from a normal 2/1 roster
Pros
Split shift - People
Cons
Breatho Check,Pre start bus,pick up and transport workers onto site,clean bus,check bus for faults.
Safety means everything

Management controlled from Head Office

Some good some very inept

Split shifts

FIFO lifestyle
Pros
FIFO Lifestyle
Cons
Split shifts without reasonable remuneration