Griffith University Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
Academic Dress (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 March 2018
Productive and organised work environment. All cultures and people are accepted. Step by step guides of how to operate each station are supplied. Support is available throughout the entire shift to make you feel comfortable.
Pros
Flexible working times
Cons
Only work during graduation periods
Great University!
Member of the Griffith Mates Team (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 February 2018
Very helpful and productive team to work for. Always a good work life balance. Met lots of new people and a great way to make new friends. Very friendly and cooperative team.
good work place
Cleaning SubContractor (Former Employee) –  Queensland26 January 2018
excellent job.learn more about my position.there is some issues with payment.that is not belongs to university.there is some problem with main contractor. that's why i stopped the work.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
no breaks
good place of learning
Student (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD23 January 2018
helpful instructors
lots of help provided if in need online and in person
great course subjects very intricate and learnt a lot in such a short period of time
Flexible source of income for university students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Nathan QLD21 January 2018
2 hours per week per student at $32/h
I learned organisational skills and honed my communication skills as I listened and learned of the student's particular need. It was challenging explaining abstract concepts well and often required different explanations.
Pros
Improved my knowledge of the subjects
Cons
Only viable as a supplementary income
Productive Tutoring
Counselling Skills Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD16 January 2018
Preparing for the tutoring class, tutoring students, and marking papers.

I learned how to manage the class effectively.

We discussed everything that did not work.

The hardest part is we did not know what is expected by the course convenor.
Pros
Good income
good
soil researcher (Current Employee) –  brisbne13 January 2018
I worked in soil lab it was good experience
they provide me with all the research requirements
good management
but the hardest part of the job it was not secured
Relaxing and enjoyable environement
sports Event Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 November 2017
Working as a leader at Griffith University is one of the most relaxed and enjoyable environments to work in. The uni allows you to help out whenever you are able to and doesn't require you to be too much out of your comfort zone. The staff at Griffith University is very friendly and makes everyone welcome and wanting to be there.
Pros
Free lunches during event day or set up days
Creative and fun workplace
Sessional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD30 October 2017
The work environment at Griffith University's Queensland College of Art is friendly, fun and driven. Everyone is intelligent and motivated to teach and guide both students and colleagues.
Nice place to Work
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Nathan QLD26 September 2017
Nice place to work friendly and easy to get along with staff. i have gained extensive training with working here. However there is not much room for career advancement and tend to stay casual employed for numerous year.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Limited Carrer Advancement
Great friendly and supportive environment to work.
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Nathan Campus Children's Services Department4 September 2017
I enjoyed my work as a Early Childhood Educator for Griffith University and was a pleasure working with my fellow staff, parents, my manager at the time and of course the little ones. Griffith gave me great support, encouragement and opportunity to finish my training and certification whilst I was an employee. Only left there due to moving to new job.
Pros
Friendly environment and comraderie.
Cons
Remmuneration needed improvement.
Fun workplace
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 August 2017
I worked with this university for a short period for several years and thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

I would recommend anyone working with this organisation.
Pros
Free accomodation
Cons
productive and fun study place with lovely mates
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 July 2017
productive and fun study place with lovely mates.
I cleaned alone the road and beach. I made friends with different people from different cultural background.
Good but short time worked
Event Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD26 July 2017
I only worked for them for one day so it wasn't a very good thing to compare to other professions, if I worked for them for longer i would enjoy the expereince based of my one day
Secure workplace with good benefits.
Client Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 June 2017
Griffith is a secure employer, with good benefits to employees. Very competitive salary and providing opportunities to career advancement with regular secondment positions.
very typical of a university setting
Senior Lecturer - Advanced Middle Schooling (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 June 2017
This part time opportunity was always going to be short term but I enjoyed every minute. The preparation for lectures is understandably demanding but I enjoyed this as it gave me the foundation knowledge I needed for my lectures. I certainly loved the lecturing and follow up tutorials. The results of my students were excellent and the feedback that I received as their stand-in lecturer was also excellent.
Pros
Great in terms of doing something with my school based knowledge
Cons
The short term nature of my contract
Relaxed work place
Sessional Staff (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 May 2017
As a research staff, Griffith University is a good place to keep studying in terms of study environment; quiet, clean and friendly if you have a continuous fund.
Campus Life Does Not Value Well Educated Technical Professionals
Sustainability Engineer (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Nathan, Brisbane, QLD, Australia26 April 2017
Employed on 3 year fixed-term contract as Griffith's first ever "energy engineer" (in a small engineering services team of two engineers - electrical and mechanical) to advise on and implement sustainable energy projects and programs to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions (report to Federal Government), and achieve energy cost savings across their five campus, a total of over 100 buildings.

The most frustrating part of the job was (1) severe budget limitations and resource conflict (outside of major CAPEX) to implement a major project that would have a greater impact on energy cost savings and emission reductions, and (2) working well outside the PD and well above your pay grade.
Pros
Good work/life balance, generous employer super contribution, good, friendly & cooperative work colleagues, work was initially challenging
Cons
Poor work culture, run by administrators (not technical people), no positive direction by management, poor job security, no advancement opportunities, average salary, no support staff, no career development, no contract renewal, managers are not people oriented.
cutting costs
Scientific Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 April 2017
A student downturn in 2020 means that the uni is preparing now to cut costs.
The people are great and work long and hard to maintain the standards provided in the past.
A large organisation with some opportunities for advancement.
COORDINATOR ADMINISTRATION & EVENTS (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD23 April 2017
This employer is good to work for, however opportunities to advance are limited. I'm at a stage in my career where I need further challenges and opportunities to grow,
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Griffith University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4