Griffith University

Griffith University Employee Reviews

Australia77 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Decent pay for casual appointments

Was a casual lab demonstrator and report marker for an undergraduate chemistry lab. Received the teaching materials ahead of time, paid well, no complaints.

An excellent learning environment and a pleasure working there. I was well informed and mentored by supervisors.

I enjoyed the diversity of supporting Students from Africa, Middle East, Asia and Indigenous communities. Very job satisfying work and a fantastic diverse learning environment.

Pros

Paid training programs and great learning platform.

Cons

Language barriers and irregular hours of work.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Management in Oral Health Services is probably the No. 1 problem with this facility. They are the ones that encourage, I would even say contribute to the toxic culture that exists in the work place. If management can't stop bullying and intimidation, how do they expect the staff to. They revenge roster as well, which creates a stressful environment. They have tried to sort this problem out with reveiws, but it still comes down to one contributing factor. The manager. Don't bother applying for a job there. Your mental health is more important.

Pros

Cons

Managements behaviour.

Productive and fun workplace

Griffith has an amazing staff and a really good collaborative culture. the work is challenging but interesting and management is super supportive. Typical day is creating the worksheets for the PASS sessions, running 2/3 sessions of 40 students and attending a lecture for you next session.

Pros

Amazing Training

Great pay benefits

Busy stressful job some of the staff are very rude Clinic manager is abusive and has her favourites only treats you as a number. Post Grad department is always busy short staffed and really stressful. Team Leaders are always trying to do the job of two as they are always short staffed.. The undergraduate clinic requires lots of heavy pushing and pulling of contaminated instruments to CSSD. Students are mostly really nice

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Abusive management and some da's

Everything moves at a glacial pace. Slower than Government jobs

From the start I was not made welcome. There is a strong culture of fear that is made worse by HR. For an organisation that purports to be remarkable and progressive they are extremely risk averse and highly bureaucratic to the point where they are unable to make decisions. Not recommended.

Pros

Flexible work arrangements

Cons

Nothing gets done

Don't bother

This company does not care about its staff, only about its image and rankings. They think they are above the work place agreements. 30 years there and if it wasn't for the fact that I needed to work I would have quit years ago.

Cons

Too many to list

A place to learn about new opportunities

My experience at Griffith University was a positive one. The most relevant aspect was to get exposed to different projects which helped me identify strong skills in my career.

Enjoyed the diversity of the job and the challenge.

Found supporting Students through their study practice very rewarding and enjoyed the University culture also. Tutoring a diverse number of international students was very challenging and Intense.

Enjoy working with students, sharing experience with staff

I like to work with students, asking them to do group work and presentation, consult them to go through a hard time. The job is very enjoyable, but to get it, very hard as it is very competitive and there are not many jobs.

Good parties when is neccesary

I learned about the chemical procedure I had an opportunity to be a team leader I had feedback about my job Good management I worked 4 hours a day, and I cleaned toilets, labs, kitchens, office, I learned about team work I worked by myselft

Fun Place to work

I was a student and did Work integrated Learning, was fun! Got to experience going to different workplaces and industry professionals to interview them.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours

Good pay, kinda waste of time.

There was very little support in this position, we were basically dropped in the deep end without any knowledge of the tasks we were supposed to complete. Funny, considering we're supposed to be ambassadors.

Fun and challenging

I loved working at Griffith University. My supervisor was very supportive and easy to approach. The campus has good outdoor spaces and cafes. Office was very well designed.

Fun place to work

I haven't been working here casually for long, but it's a fun place to work for the little work I get. Friendly staff, friendly patrons and an all-round nice environment.

Was aight

Was a pretty nice environment. Has good facilities, if a little ugly, but the people are okay. The marine biology facilities are amazing and very helpful programs make use of them.

Productive and fun environment

Well rounded and well organised volunteer work. Work was split into multiple groups which made the setting enjoyable to also learn and network with new first year students.

Good

When I went to the university it took them some time to provide me with what is necessary. But after all they gave me a place in a shared office, but it was nice and quiet

Good Experience as a Teacher and Researcher

the lecturer would sent out slides before our tutoring classes. most staff are quite friendly and helpful. the job is not intensive, there are only 2 lessons, 4 hours in total. so you can focus on your research.

Pros

good rate

Cons

you need to spend a long time correcting homework

Amazing smart people

Being a casual, money is amazing and I have no minimum or maximum hours. I get to choose my own hours and work from home. It's awesome for a side hustle if you know the right people to get started

Never had any problems!

As its the university, they're very supportive of you trying to put yourself, your studies and your family first, they just expect a heads up. They help and guide you with everything as much as they can, but its a relatively easy job. So much fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Griffith University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Griffith University with