Grill'd Healthy Burgers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Grill'd Healthy Burgers Employee Reviews

Australia204 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Good people but awful company

You are underpaid and on a traineeship that they deliberately stretch out as long as possible. It was supposed to take 9 months but they kept cancelling workshops on me due to low numbers. After a year and a half I complained to head office and I was magically fast tracked through. You also will not be able to have any kind of social life due to the unpredictable and very late rosters. Do not work here. The only reason I was there so long was the wonderful people working in my store.

Pros

Free food on shifts over 5 hours, Good in store team, Good in store managers

Cons

Long unpredictable hours, Late rosters, Trainee wage for over a year below award rate, Horrible head office culture, Rude condescending regional manager

it was HORRIBLE don’t work there

the MANAGERS bossed everyone around while they would sit down and talk or go on smoking breaks. it was bad for your mental health, everyone there was fake and you had no real friends. it felt like a high school setting. DON’T WORK THERE, the pay was HORRIBLE

Traineeships ensure you are paid below minimum wage

You will be paid an unlivable wage for your first year. Grill'd forces everyone onto a traineeship for a minimum of a year. You are paid below minimum wage for this entire period. Despite the low pay, you are required to know how to do a lot of different roles around the store, and to perform them well during peak periods (while understaffed). Meanwhile, the company defends the unhealthy wages and refuses to listen to its workers because they want to ensure you get the short end of the stick, despite the fact new hires are hard to come by because Grill'd has given itself a reputation as a subpar workplace - the company simply does not care about its workers.

Pros

-Lots of good people

Cons

-Serious understaffing issues -Pay is terrible, leading to low staff retention and putting the burden on other staff

Awful treatment for bad pay ((Grill'd Unhealthy workplace burgers))

you will be instantly put on a traineeship to give you the lowest pay possible. In my specific circumstance you will NOT be allowed sick days, It will be met with the most horrible workplace behaviour I have ever experienced. AND LASTLY They give you your roster A DAY in advance which is unhealthy

Pros

occasional free lunches

Cons

24 HR roster notice, Understaffing, Bad pay, Little workers rights

Great young work environment, non sustainable pay and long hours

overall, grilld is not a great place to work. Pay is abysmal (11.80 at 17yo) aswell as no penalty rates or overtime. you will constantly be kept back to early hours in the morning if you are available to close, as well as constantly doing jobs that physically and mentally drain you. However, the leadership and team members there are fantastic, making you feel like you belong. Managers are down to earth and aren’t chasing numbers, and you make great friends. if you have bills to pay, this isn’t the job for you. You will be rostered onto 10-20 hours a week and constantly have availability changed at will. A lot of the time you will be understaffed via people calling in sick and people quitting.

Pros

Good work environment, familiarisation in hospitality

Cons

long hours, bad pay, not a lot of free time

Great culture however horrible pay and little benefits

You complete a certificate in retail/hospitality, get to learn good customer service skills, food safety, how to cook and assemble burgers etc. It is a fun place to work and you will meet so many great people, however, the pay is really disappointing. The most enjoyable part is

Awesome people, horrific pay and stressful understaffing

Awesome work culture and people, but you are forced onto a traineeship for 12 months and are effectively underpaid for that time. Even if you finish your traineeship, company policy won't let you finish it until a minimum of 12 months have passed, meaning that they pay you less than non-trainee minimum wage for that time. You have no choice as to whether you need the traineeship or not. This is part of the reason why there are severe understaffing issues across many stores.

Pros

Free burger on shift Awesome work culture

Cons

Horrific pay Forced traineeships for 12 months Severe understaffing across many stores

Bad management, pay and hours

There is an ok staff discount. Not great but it's better than nothing I guess. In my experience the coworkers are ok, and I lucked out with a relatively friendly manager, but it is still a bad job and overall the management is bad. Terrible work-life balance. First of all, where in other retail and hospitality jobs you might get your schedule for each week 2 or 3 weeks in advance, at Grill'd we barely got our schedules 2 or 3 days in advance. On top of receiving our schedules very late, there were many times I was still asked to come in on my days off, or start earlier all with very short notice. The training is ok, you receive you RSA and hospitality cert 3, and throughout it you learn how to work at every station in the store. However the training is also a major downfall. They keep you on the traineeship for far longer than necessary so they can keep paying you below the minimum wage.It's also a very physically demanding job with long hours, but if you work at least 5 hours in a shift then you get a 30 minute break and a free burger.

Pros

Ok discount and coworkers

Cons

Bad management

Stressful.

It is very difficult to put my feelings of this establishment into words. But I will try to anyway, you are either doing mundane tasks that do not benefit the flow of the job whatsoever or you are so moving around so frequently anything you're doing becomes a blur. Overall the general workplace culture is good (totally depending on who is manager and colleague)

People are nice but the the pay is terrible

The people are nice but you are forced to do a very III in hospitality and go part time. I’m 17 so I’m earning less then $13 an hour as a part timer.So unless you’re ok with that I don’t recommend Grill’d

Pros

Free burgers under $15 on your breaks

Cons

Low pay

Never work here

A horrible and toxic place to work. Terrible wages, terrible management, terrible CEO, very stressful. It has a very high turnover rate. I worked with people who only worked one or two shifts before they quit, others like one month.Would never recommend working here. Most people work under a "traineeship" which basically is an excuse to legally underpay people. It's from $11 to $14 an hour. It's not a liveable wage. You can't live off this or pay rent unless you work like 60 hrs.

Pros

Free Burgers, Good Christmas party

Cons

Terrible wages, terrible management, very stressful

Horrible experience

Working at Grill’d was not enjoyable at all. The other employees for the most part were cliquey, the pay was really less, the management was disorganised and they barely provided training yet expected too much of you. I was stuck at one ‘station’ for the longest time and I had to ask three other people before I got trained. Bad experience. It’s not worth it.

Pros

One free burger in 5 hours

Cons

Cliquey workplace, poor management, terrible pay, little to no training

bad

Staff are leaving all the time, so they will essentially hire you because they need staff so bad. Most people don't keep the job for over 6 months because of the pay.Working here was fine, if you like being paid $12.56 an hour at 17 years old, and around $14 an hour at 18. The job is far too difficult, messy, gross, stressful, and requires a far wider skillset than what the pay suggests. The very skilled and intelligent, respectful Team Leaders are paid about 19-21 an hour, and they do SO MUCH. The work is fine, but if you want to be paid like a human being, literally work anywhere else. Literally work at Maccas please like anywhere other than Grill'dThere is a chance for autonomy and working alone or with just one other if you work a day shift, as it is less busy, but if you are a student and can only work at night, I don't suggest this job because it's far too stressful and repetitive in peak sales periods.

Pros

get too cook actual real food lol

Cons

borderline illegal pay, stressful and fast paced.

generally good place to work if you’re young and like to eat Grill’d burgers

Had a good time working here, all the team members were awesome to work with, didn’t like one of the managers but I have no regrets. Good hours if you’re a good worker but bad pay for at least the first six months while you complete your Cert II in Hospitality.

Pros

Great co workers, free burgers, good training

Cons

Mandatory traineeship

Supportive team & fun office culture

I have been with the company now for just over 6 months. I am so, so glad that I moved. I love the culture in my team and my manager is really supportive. I have a diverse portfolio, which means my days are always different. The casual office environment is really refreshing & it's nice not to have to jump through hoops and cut through red tape as you do in bigger corporate companies. Like all businesses, there are challenges - pace can be fast and tiring at times, but they are flexible and allow time off when you need it. They pay is good, the rewards are good and I've got a great team who I enjoy seeing daily.

Pros

Supportive team, good pay, fun environment

Cons

Could be more flexible with working from home outside of lockdowns

Incredible environment and great learning experiences

At Grill'd, you will find the atmosphere of the management and fellow employees very welcoming and genuine. Here, they give you the opportunities to better your skills and build new ones with the training and environment that it has in the restaurant. Flexible hours and good communication to do with the roster and shifts weekly.

Pros

Discounts and free meals, uniform provided and good hours.

Awful

If I could give zero stars I would. Absolutely awful place to work. Management doesn’t care about their staff and they under pay and always made to work under staffed.

Great fun work place

Loved my time at Grill’d the team environment made work really enjoyable.Pros they manage to have wide variety of worker that all bring there own special element to the team. They offer a burger if you work a certain amount of hours. Flexible shifts. Great team building exercises.Cons the rate of pay is low

Cons

Low pay rate

Not a good job especially for young workers

To work at Grill'd, you have to complete a traineeship which takes a minimum of 6 months to complete, during which time you get extremely underpaid, especially if you're under 18. It's so ridiculous. The management definitely has favourites and if you're not one it's a tough and unfair workplace. The management was extremely prone to threatening and bribing staff in order to get them to do what they wanted e.g. if you didn't show up for a staff meeting by 8:00am on the dot, you'd be told you'd have to clean the entire restaurant yourself. While I learned a lot about customer service while working there, it was often very stressful especially when you consider the low pay. I also found that when training in the kitchen if you didn't immediately pick it up, they'd be quite irritated and not really be bothered to help you.

Pros

Staff discount, some nice people working there

Cons

Terrible management, toxic workplace culture, cliquey, underpaid during useless traineeship

Okay, mostly stressful and draining

The culture is okay since people are super fun, but the job can be extremely stressful and fast-paced, and management hates you for taking time off. Standing around doing not much is NOT allowed under any circumstances, and the company tries to save money on specialists by making its basic staff do absolutely everything. For example, you have to close the grill every night which involves taking the whole thing apart, cleaning it and scrubbing it and putting it back together. Probably the worst part of the job tbh. Actually no the worst part is when ur manager is bad, if they’re okay it’s fun to work there but if they’re not then it’s NOT good

Pros

Free food on break

Cons

Poor management

Underpaid and Fraudulent

Under the Grill’d traineeship I have been significantly under paid. I was originally told it would be a 9 month traineeship and now I am being told it is 12 months even though I have finished all theory, I looked back at my papers and there are papers I had signed before information had been added. Trainer said Grill’d ‘changed’ the traineeship to 12 months whereas Grill’d claims this is how it always was. They use the traineeship to under pay young people and force them to stay for much longer than necessary (CERT II usually takes 8 months or less). They value customer views more than their staff and give warnings for small mistakes. I have worked their for 9 months and have received VERY minimum training in anything other than ‘floor’. Many nice employees but not worth the pain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grill'd Healthy Burgers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9