Grill'd Healthy Burgers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Grill'd Healthy Burgers Employee Reviews

Australia149 reviews
It's a great environment socially as you work with a bunch of people your own age, but some stores are better than others in that regard . Team leaders prioritise a job well done on paper over the mental health of their team members and there is a weird bullying culture when you don't do something correctly. They are anti-union and scam desperate teens to sign up for a cert III that half the time they don't get, even if they finish the course work. As a 19 year old, I got paid around $15 per hour with no penalty rates or overtime and you were required to work a at least 2 public holidays despite the pay rate. You get free food at 5 hours and a break at 6 so they often shift you on for 4 1/2 hours so you don't get the benefits. Only positives are the friends you make and the free Christmas party at the end of the year.
Pros
Working with cool people your own age
Cons
Everything else, sometimes free food.
toxic work environment. If you can't flip a burger fast enough you get bullied. Gaslighting culture, immature, emotional management. Can't seperate their personal feelings so decisions are biased and based on favouritism.
Pros
free food
Cons
Poor management, underpaid, understaffed, expected to just deal with it
Handling front and back of house jobs. Can be stressful and your expected to do a lot when it’s super busy. The job however has given me a lot of confidence and has taught me a lot
I worked here for a year and a half. I really enjoyed the work and the past pace rushes, however there’s some really nasty people working at this company (a lot of them being managers and team leaders). I feel that I was treated poorly often times, and despite being there for over a year and having an outward and enthusiastic attitude towards training and learning new things, I was never considered or offered any opportunity to progress in my position.
I worked at grill’d for a year where I was payed $13 at age 19, and was forced to do a CERT 3 in hospitality although I am already studying full time at university. The environment made me feel extremely unsafe, the company causes many injuries to employees due to old equipment and poor care from management. A girls face was severely burnt from the old faulty oil machine exploding
Working at grill’d was such a positive part of my life. I met so many people that i became extremely close to, and who have made me feel so wanted. The overall job was very stressful at times but all worth i
Great team, cool experiences but paid isn't that great compared to other hospo jobs. However you do get to complete a Cert III in hospo while working there
Depending on what store you work at it can be either busy or quiet but everyone is paid the at the same rate regardless of business which is unfair on people who are required to be more adept in the skills.

very minimum rate wage but the hours can make up for it
Wage scamming. Failed to provide training to the whole store even after 1 year of waiting, thus being payed an unfair rate. Shameful tactics to lure in young workers to steal from.
It was so easy to make friends and get the hang of working at Grill'd. You create a family and most people are so amazing to work with. Christmas parties are always a highlight. Your job each shift may be different but you're always doing something and if you're not you get to chill and talk with your work mates. Your Grill'd experience whether you're a customer or an employee will always be a good one.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grill'd Healthy Burgers?
Unless you like maximum hours for minimum pay. Absolutely the worst hospitality job of my life. You’re basically manipulated into signing a hospitality cert 3 agreement. You work for $11 an hour as an adult. Ridiculous.
Almost all work hours were intense, if you don't like stress don't bother there will always be something that goes wrong. The people are angels and become incredible friends.
The training was great, most of the staff were ok. The only thing that really bugged me was the fact that we were forced o do a certificate 2 or something in hospitality as part of our employment which meant that they could pay us less than the normal rate. But the fact was that NOBODY ever finished the certificate. And even when you did they wouldn't up your pay, so you were constantly out of pay no matter what you did. It was stupid and unfair.

For that reason, I would recommend it if you were desperate, but not for a job that you would want to keep for a long time.
Another underpaying scandal coming out of Grill'd. No loyalty for covering shifts, unequality on treatment of staff. Had to take my boss to Fair Work Australia to acquire my Cert 3 in Hospitality.
Was very hard place to work at knowing it was my first job due to the bad culture and bad leadership. The CEO and managers at Grill'd where very bias in terms of giving friends the better jobs and having a bad attitude to learners.
Awful pay, stressful and dirty environment, 10 minute break on an 8 hour shift and extreme favouritism which resulted in those who aren’t in the ‘inner circle’ being dumped on the worst jobs, such as floor or dishes.
very poor pay, management are rude and hard on those who don't immediately fit in, long hours with no reward, tough culture to fit into, extremely hard to advance or get any pay rewards
Our manager overhired, forcing everyone to have reduced hours (which there weren't enough of to go around as is), and put pressure on everyone to perform still. The pay wasn't enough to get by on until i'd finished the traineeship and been there for almost 3 years. The traineeship itself was useless, with no real training being done, with all the answers being given to us at the end of the time they were allowed to spend training us, about 1.5 years after I started. Everyone hated being there, so the culture became very toxic as a result. 0/10 do NOT work here
A typical day in a management role would include doing the workload of minimum 3 people for very little compensation. Extreme pressure applied by upper management with financial risk involved. Extremely poor pay conditions and a toxic, bullying culture.
Was paid unfairly and did not enjoy the environment. Lots of people got along and there i unfortunately do not think it was the best fit for me. Nice building setting though.
Employees are made to do a useless traineeship, which takes a lot of time. Underpaid and treated poorly on the job. Hard to find a work-life balance with the rosters. Would not recommend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grill'd Healthy Burgers. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2