Grill'd Healthy Burgers Employee Reviews

Great Team Environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fairfield QLD22 August 2019
Great place to work. Varying roles including greeting and serving customers. Food preparation. Cooking and dressing burgers. Waiting on tables. Set up and cleaning of restaurant. Good training and accomodating to student timetable.
Underpayed and overworked
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 July 2019
Not only was I being payed $16 an hour at 19, they also refused to pay me any of my annual leave or sick payments. The work is stressful and intense, and managers pick on new employees. Don't go there.
Open-environment workplace
Team Member (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Dee Why NSW27 July 2019
Grill'd have offered not only a job in the business but also into a workplace with another group of loving, caring and hardworking fellow coworkers. Treated with nothing but respect and friendliness, I have committed myself to work and dedicate my full attention to the job, giving all my hard work in for the betterment of the company.

Fun experience would recommend for anyone's interest in a consistent work but accepting and friendly environment.
Working Here is a Big Mistake
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 July 2019
I complete regret accepting the offer to work at Grill'd. Toxic workplace on all levels.

You are overworked and under rewarded with impossibly high expectations. You are expected to master stations with barely any training - and if you ask for clarification management get frustrated. The introduction of the membership system made mystery shops impossible to pass, especially in high traffic, touristic areas.

Was on a Trainee contract which is pretty much as scam for them to underpay and overwork you. You were expected to complete the training in your own time.

Managers/Team leaders obviously pick favourites and give them preferential treatment while singling others out for the same behaviours. Management (obviously had issues) and took out their frustration with the demanding nature of the restaurant on the new employees frequently. Instead of addressing problems head on, they often make comments behind your back (which is counterproductive for your growth as an employee).

Due to the high turnover rate there is barley any employee culture. Long-term employees barely talk to the newer employees (less than a year) making you feel completely alone on 8 hour shifts.

I hope the chain flops xx.
Dont work here
Team member (Former Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW17 July 2019
Bad pay. Bad people. Bad food. Bad everything. Darlinghurst location covered in cockroaches and mice. While working i expect to work hard, it's part of the workforce. But for 14.50 and hour they would expect me to run a whole station, go overtime without pay, Worst place i've ever worked
Don't waste your time
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 June 2019
working at grill'd is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. The managers were childish and played favourites on people that they decided to buddy with, no matter how unreliable or bad at their job they may be. Though I worked very hard I was never recognised for my work but individuals who were late every day and spent all their time talking to the managers were always told they were doing great. Pay is a joke, no penalty rates is ridiculous and they use round-a-bout ways to pay you less. Team members and team leaders are amazing but managers are a complete joke and do the minimum work and leave their shifts early. You are hired as part time but your hours are never consistent each week they just use the role part time as a way to pay you less. Absolute joke of a company, dont even consider working here until something is changed.
Pros
team members and leaders
Cons
managers, pay, hours, expectations
Very VERY Average.
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT1 June 2019
I only worked at Grill'd for 3 months, and honestly, I can't imagine how you could work there for longer. I know for a fact, I wouldn't be able to. I got the job at Grill'd with the hope I could get some decent workplace training and also a consistent and decent salary. I walked away with neither of the two. The management was terrible, my manager would rarely respond to questions I sent him, so I had to track him down while on shift, which was sometimes impossible. The team I worked with was not supportive, with the exception of a few who would attempt to make me feel like a part of the seemingly exclusive friend group/work team. The pay was TERRIBLE - under the guise of a "traineeship" which I never got trained under. The only way for you to make a lick of money would be to work unbearable hours a day, with a lot of physical work that over time would really take a toll on your mental health and body. Overall, I can see what they are trying to do with their brand / work mentality, but it isn't working. They're borderline breaking laws with their pay, and the work environment isn't supportive. I don't recommend working here, especially if you're looking for decent pay and a good team.
Pros
Free food (only after working for 5 hours...so not really a pro.)
Cons
Basically everything, bad pay, bad management, bad shifts and bad team.
Great People, poor place of Work.
Grill'd Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bulimba QLD7 May 2019
Grill'd has definitely been a fun place to work however I have had some problems over the time I've been there. The people and social culture there is one of the best I've ever experienced and it is an opportunity I would not pass up soon. It is a very relaxed environment and a good way to earn some pocket money, especially for a school student. However, the pay rate is extremely low, there is little positive feedback from superiors and the management staff I experienced are not properly trained and do not have the skills to run such a busy restaurant. Free and half priced food is definitely a great perk but Grill'd needs to get it's act together when it comes to their professionality as a company and particularly as singular restaurants.
Pros
Free/half-price food, very relaxed environment.
Cons
Poor management, very poor pay and no positive feedback for good work.
Would not recommend
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne7 May 2019
Worked here a few years, initially loved the fast paced nature and flexible hours, but this can be incredibly tiring. Especially when working a combination of late nights and early mornings.

Pay
This is obviously a major issue, having started a new hospitality job where I am earning a lot more for much easier work (plus weekend and evening rates) I have realised how much of a scam Grill'd is pulling. Their certificate training is just a way to underpay people for as long as possible as the business structures don't allow them time to let people get through the significant amount of online training on shift. They do a great job of masking this wage theft as a benefit through their promotion of their "culture". As a 21+ year who has not completed training you will earn about 18.50 rather than the 21.75 you should be on from the beginning. As a team leader earning 22.75, I had extra responsibilities and was expected to run shifts and manage people. More often than not the expectations on me felt very much above my pay grade.

Grill'd likes to perpetuate the idea that they care about their people, but I believe their only values are making more money, expansion and trying to appear as a socially conscious business for the sake of marketing. Local matters is a nice initiative, but paying your staff a living wage is also beneficial to the community and your business. Overworked team members, team leaders and managers. The company has some pretty unrealistic expectations of their staff in restaurant. Have seen this job burn out many people the last few years. Understaffing
  more... and maintenance are some major day to day issues I won't even go into. Their turnover rate is so high that I've seen a lot of incompetent or inappropriate behaviour excused or not thoruoughly dealt with due to the need for staff. There are a lot more accusations I could level but don't want my anonymous post to be flagged for defamation haha.

Met some wonderful people in my time there but let me tell you that you can do better.
Cons
Many
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC28 April 2019
Was a great placed to work and you were left alone majority to run the business.
There was support where needed and help along the way.
Only issue is hard to move up and Managers are 100% productive leaving it hard to get your admin done
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough time for admin
fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Camberwell VIC16 April 2019
Some amazing people, but always very stressful. Late closes with no overtime. Learnt a lot about time management and teamwork especially. Overall very educational, but not worth the pay.
Horrible manager and low pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 March 2019
the worst job I have ever had, the manager is horrible, he has anger problems and is a fan of favouritism.

The pay is really low with no with penalty rates and a lot of the time you don't get payed for over time.

this place is dodgy, we get asked to work 4 hours free to clean the restaurant.

hours are bad sometimes only 3 hours for one week and late night closes at 12 or even 1 as theres never enough staff

local matters is a scam, they use it as a KPI to bring customers in so they make money pretending they care about the community and we are made to up sell chip dips, cheese and eggs on burgers with out saying it costs extra money and customers think its free!
Pros
free meal after 5 hours
Cons
Manager, pay, hours, life balance
So So not bad not good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Crows Nest NSW24 March 2019
the job was not bad but nor was is very good. the best part was probably the team I was working with were friendly and helpful and had two decent managers to start with.

pay was poor to start with and need to a traineeship for Cert 3, pay gets better when this is done went from $17 an hour to $23 an hour when completed but no penalty rates on weekends was a bummer. my hours were the same for most weeks

very little motivation for job advancement poor support for when completing cert 3

with a good manager and team it can be fun

with a bad manager it can be the worst

my final manager was the worst hours were cut for no reason and contact was stopped and everything she did drove most of our staff to quit on mass in a period of about three months and motivation went to absolute bottom.
Pros
free meal shifts over 5 hours friendly teams
Cons
little advancment poor pay
I wish I never stepped foot in that place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Collingwood VIC21 March 2019
Pay is absolutely ridiculously low for the work required from you, the people are usually good but management is trash and you are treated as expected by big corporations who don't care at all about their staff. I made the mistake of ignoring the bad reviews this company had, and was roped into ridiculous hours, bad culture at the store I worked at, with gossipy managers who spied on you. NOT worth at all, can't get over how bad the pay is
Pros
Met some good people
Cons
Everything else
It is a great work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 March 2019
The work environment is supportive and helpful in building skills and maintaining KPI's. The payment is very low, but with added benefits like contributing to your super and paid leave that comes with the benefits of part-time work; these things need to be taken into consideration.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
grill'd
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria10 March 2019
busy environment especially on the weekends. not much of a work life balance as they need you free most weekends. not stable income for what I'm looking for
Great Environment and Great People
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Neutral Bay NSW28 February 2019
Had a great work experience working at Grill'd Neutral Bay, only problem I had was how far it was from where I live. Other than that Great Experience!
Pros
People
Cons
Gets really busy
Grill'd
Cook and Customer service (Current Employee) –  West End QLD18 February 2019
Good place to start but salary is very low at a young age, meaning there is almost definitely a requirement to find a better paying job in the future to support yourself.
Great Team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW10 February 2019
At the time of working there the team was great, training was great. but management at the time was very big on social status, focused on popularity of certain team members - therefor giving them more shifts.
A safe sanctuary turned into a nightmare
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Browns Plains QLD, Brisbane QLD7 February 2019
You stayed in this job, not for the money, but your work mates. These people were your work family and helped you in all aspects of your life.

I learned to be more comfortable being myself and this work place made me flourish as a person and individual.

The first manager was amazing! We all loved him, but when he was relocated and promoted, we were left with new management that was childish and unprofessional. It increasingly got worse and they hired non-like minded employees who made our wok place more dramatic than a high school setting. Then there was the dating scandal and sucked innocent people into rumours that almost ended careers.

The hardest part of the job really depends on the individual in question. I love my job and any new challenge is something exciting, others would disagree. My favourite part of this job was how everyone cared so much for each other and looked out for one another.

After all the drama, I transferred to a city Grill'd where it's very cut-throat. They don't like outsider's which makes the job difficult and I ask myself, 'why am I even going to work?' The great thing about being transferred is that it's a busier store which is improving my speed. The other con is that everyone treats me like i'm new to the company when I've been there just as long or longer than them.
Pros
5+ hours worked meant a free burger.
Cons
Bad Salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grill'd Healthy Burgers. Our community is ready to answer.