Grill'd Healthy Burgers

Grill'd Healthy Burgers Employee Reviews

Australia262 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Rude workers, terrible pay, long hours

Awful pay under the guise of it being a cert which takes 1 year to complete. As a person of colour it was white dominated & my place had a weird clique going on where a team leader was in a relationship with a minor. Few works well under pressure, few will snap and take their anger out on you. Good as a first job but terrible for living wage. Management only cares about money, on break only allowed a min $15 worth of food (a cheap burger costs 14.95$). If you are new they treat you as an outsider for a while. Some people were nice though but nice people don’t pay bills.

Pros

A burger on break

Cons

Below minimum wage pay

Cultish and high school-like

This workplace is incredibly unprofessional with a drug-culture like no other I’ve seen. Young and under-experienced management makes for really immature working, and horrible professional boundaries with team members. It’s great because everyone is so friendly…..but are happy to backstab and step on each other the moment you make a mistake. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Grill'd Healthy Burgers insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible

They underpay their staff , manengment do not care about work life balance, don't get our legal 10 minute rest breaks. They work you so hard and you don't get much overtime, they expect so much and they make you run alcohol even if you are underaged

Pros

free burger on shift

Opportunity and Growth, Amazing people

The job itself requires you to be switched very on. You meet amazing people and can be presented with lots of growth opportunities if you work for them. Definitely a people company as opposed to just being looked at like a number.

Pros

Growth Opportunities, The people, Learning experiences

Cons

Work life balance if you don’t manage it properly

Underpaid over worked and pretty bad culture

After returning to the workforce after having children, I was enticed by the flexibility of the hours I could do. But the pay! It’s terrible! I was completely thrown in the deep end, after 3 weeks had to do opens on my own. The staff their majority of them are under 21 and see the place as a social club instead of a workplace. I have put in so much work and effort in only to become completely frustrated and burnt out. For a kid in school living with parents, for a first job is ok. But not for people who have bills to pay.

Pros

Free food after 5.5 hours

Cons

Low pay Terrible culture

you can stay trapped in a min

In the interview I was told that as it was a traineeship position, I would start being paid less than other jobs, but after 6 months it would be higher than other entry level jobs. 1) The traineeship took 6 months 2) after being bumped to the higher rate, still get paid less than other fast food jobs. I went through a period training people who weren't stuck in the traineeship - training people who made $10 more than meUpper management constantly trying to roster the lowest number of people to stay open, leading to constant stress. At any given time 3 pieces of equipment will be broken.

Pros

lovely coworkers (mostly), free food after 5 hour shift

Cons

long hours, restaurant always trying to roster the least amount of staff possible

Not good

Overworked and kitchen gets so warm from grill. Hours are not the best and can close and open in succession. People are nice though but pay is sub-par

Good people. Supportive. Wages are a bit low.

The people are great. Good environment to work in. However, wages are very low especially as a trainee. Hours can be tedious to work. Breaks are only given when working a 5 hour shift. However, the majority of the time you will be working 4.5 hours so you won’t get one. Overall I recommend it for the experience.

Fun, bad pay

Great first job experience and it’s good how they rotate your positions every shift, for example you might be tilling for one, waitressing, grilling, dressing, or chipping. Bad pay though.

Pros

Free lunch, great discount, 30 minute break

Cons

Terrible pay, too focused

The pay is bad and they over work you.

As a teenager they know I won’t do anything about it but they always overwork people and they pay really bad. They would give 21+ hours shifts to me even though I had school and they don’t care

Terrible pay, terrible management, great people

They set you up with a million training modules which you get fired if you don't do, training lasts forever, pay is nowhere near enough for what you have to do along with your hours.

Fun but late hours

Really enjoyed it but could do the late hours. Got started on the grill immediately and really liked my fellow employees. Management was very fair and considerate.

low pay, rude management, bad workplace culture

i had errors within what i was being paid and took weeks for that to be resolved due to poor management, mainly hired under 18 year olds and expected them to work closes on weeknight which can lead to leaving the store past midnight if pre close jobs arn't finished. in addition to this one of the team leaders was in a relationship with the assistant management which led to a toxic and uncomfortable workplace

Pros

free lunches, however did receive undercooked food

Cons

every aspect of the role

Like other reviews, good environment, questionable pay

I'm not sure if it's all rounder but I do a bit of everything. I have a nice manager and such but realised the pay is really questionable regarding overtime and penalty rates which I thought i'd get but apparently not. Not sure if part time is suppose to get or not after all

Fun place due to nice co-workers

It was a simple interview and not many questions, just regular. The people you meet are nice and is a great place to build friendship and gain experience. However, the pay is not good at all as they legally underpay you with the guise of a traineeship and a certificate III in hospitality (i.e. an 18 yr. old paid $12.90 per hr.). You have to work as a trainee for 12 months and maybe over.

Cool people, Terrible Pay

Pay is beyond terrible. Expect below 13 dollars and hour for ages under 17 and below. The management and people at Grill'd are chill. Some fast paced work during peak times but overall not a stressful work environment. Minimum hours of work per week is 13 hours however management always gives more hours.

good people but stressful work and not great pay

Don't train staff properly and expect them to be on par with those working with them for years. The pay isn't worth all the stress and management isn't good.

Only went to work for the people

Grill'd gave me a lot of important skills and experiences that put me in a good position for my text job. However, the pay is so horrible you pretty much just go in for the team so that they aren't doing an even more unfair about of work.

horrible pay

worked here as my first job out of highschool, horrific pay got paid significantly under minimum wage under the guise of a traineeship cert thing, never finished it. don’t let anyone tell you it was normal pay for part time, the worst paying jobs i’ve had ,got paid under $15 at 18. Don’t recommend working here, the coworkers are fun though

Good co-workers but bad pay

The environment is really nice and the coworkers are really helpful and fun but the year traineeship wage is not good. The pay is very bad for someone that is in their first year of Uni.

Pros

Free food, good coworkers

Cons

Very bad pay

be weary

very high school environment, theres so much gossip at every grilld ive worked at, bare minimum wage for a very mentally and physically taxing job. you are “rewarded” with a pat on the back for overworking yourself and then shamed when you burnout.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grill'd Healthy Burgers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Grill'd Healthy Burgers with

• Grill'd Healthy Burgers
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?