Groove Train Employee Reviews

Months late pay no super
Restaurant supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA10 November 2019
Would of stayed longer as I loved it, but they paid you so late sometimes 2 months late when it's meant to be 2 weeks. They didn't pay my super not a cent.
So I had to leave.
Horrible, evil management.
WAITRESS/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Plenty Valley VIC24 June 2018
A typical days work at Groove Train consisted of being completely understaffed. Full house would be in by 7pm, tables pumping orders. Waiters and waitresses would have 30 or so tables to look after.
Tip jar goes straight to management and not one floor staff sees a cent of the tips.
The people who work at Groove Train are great! We would all come together in harmony over how much we loathed our jobs and the place we worked.
I think the hardest part of the job was that not only did management treat us like we were nothing, but the customers were a rude crowd as well.
Pros
Help yourself to drinks, dont get tips so why not :)
Cons
Overworked, understaffed, underpaid, no breaks, evil boss, expected to do 10 jobs at once.
great team but management needs help
Two week - Assistant (Former Employee) –  melbourne12 April 2018
The team was good, due to management and organisation i left.
the were not flexible with when things had some up and i was not able to come to work even if i had given them a-lot of notice, they would hold grudges and hold things against you.
hard working
KITCHEN HAND (Former Employee) –  North Lakes QLD29 January 2018
a typical day for me was I signed in usually got 15 minutes early had a bite to eat, started my shift cleaning drying and packing dishes while chatting to my fellow co workers made my day be more enjoyable while getting the job done. work culture was good, good people with great personalities, I learned as this was my first job that everything takes time and its a huge step in the work place makes you work harder.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours changed
fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kawana QLD18 December 2017
working at the grove train was a very good experience to me to take part in as a young adult. although i was only doing work experience therefore i was not paid but still i enjoyed the new experience.
Pros
experience
Cons
not getting paid
Safe and compatible Job.
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 September 2017
Groove Train was a fun and active environment. The staff was very understanding and open to social conversations. Helping me throughout highschool and gaining work experience was good.
Pros
Free lunches
Good service and food
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 April 2017
The staff were very diverse, there were different people with different backgrounds, which was refreshing and felt welcoming. The food they provide was excellent, and it was at the riverside. Therefore, it was pretty busy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Slightly dirty
Fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 February 2016
A typical day at work was having fun
I learned a lot about teamwork and coming together
The management was fantastic
My co-workers were like my family
The Most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of not just a team, we were a family
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
nothing
Work is Cool
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Chermside, QLD25 January 2016
Groove Train is a cool place to dine at with family and friends. Both Staff and Food are great lol. My co-workers are easy-going, a little rough when it's busy, but overall they are great and very helpful people especially the management team.
Pros
great food
Cons
short hours