Groupon
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Groupon Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
No big egos - everyone working towards a common goal. Results driven and ambitious but not at the cost of personal health. Open culture with flat hierarchies
loved working at this place I learned so many things about sales and people working with this brand which to be honest deserves top ratings for how they treat their employees.
The day would begin at 8:30am (2 morning meetings in the week to cover off previous weeks results, plan and commitments for current week as well as training)
The day would consist of internal meetings with other key stake holders to discuss figures, strategy and plan of action.

Continued contact with my team/direct reports in terms of what negotiations they are in, giving feedback and helping with negotiations.

Very fast paced business and must be ready and sharp all day every day to make key decisions that will not only impact the team but the entire business.

Good culture with regular events, fusball table in the common room and Friday drinks
Pros
free breakfast and cookies, fusball table, free day off on your bday, 1x free day off a year to be involved with charity
Cons
very reactive in decision making, high pressure organisation
The hardest partof the job was travelling each week to a diferent province. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting new people and lifestyles every month.
I enjoyed my employment at Groupon in the first 6 months. I had been working with great, smart people who adopted the work hard, party hard approach. I've learned a lot from my superiors and I had faced great challenges that stimulated and pushed me to excel at my tasks.
However, Groupon did not provided me with any career progression opportunities or salary increases within 12 months, although I was told from my managers that I have been doing a top job.
One of the few places where effort and hard work stands out no matter what position.
Environment that demands excellence and a culture that's like a family.
Pros
smart, passionate people, management
Cons
development