GSK

28: GSK Employee Reviews

Australia28 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,795 reviews

Great company to work for.

Great company to work for very accommodating and flexible as long as the job gets done. Work environment is friendly. Great cafe on site along with a great bunch of people surrounding you.

Productive and disciplined

I love to work at GSK. All my colleagues and mates are friendly and work as a team. All of the departments are well oriented and productive. Understanding business of GSK is very important.

Pros

Almost free medicine

Cons

Productive and fun workplace.

Fantastic place, supportive management, lot to learn and the team will keep you busy as there is always lots of things happening across the Globe and APAC.

Pros

Free company products and discounted offerings for staff

Cons

Bit of long hours at reporting time but flexible for an early mark on Fridays

Busy place and lots of experienced to gain.

I learned a lot from pharmaceutical packaging/manufacturing side out business. People take ownership of what they do everyday. Rarely see the higher management on the production floor only on special meetings.

Pros

clean environment

Cons

Work life balance

Productive, Team Spirit

It was a great place to work with lots of opportunities I was in a Global role with my manager based in Philadephia. I supported several countries with different requirements that made the job challenging and interesting. My peers were based around the Globe and we supported each other.

Do not recommend

Recruit via contract by advising just paperwork to move over which is not true. Big disparity between contract roles and company roles especially for maternity. Marketing advise of unethical procedure.

Official response from GSK

24 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. We really value our employee’s feedback and it’s important that our employees feel supported. We are focused on creating a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone at GSK can feel able and inspired to realise their potential. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us via our Speak Up channel at https://gsk.i-sight.com/landing-page/ to provide more specific information so that we may look further into the concerns that you have expressed.

Friendly place to work

Fast paced manufacturing company Great pay rates as a casaul Varied shifts 7 days a week Great subidised canteen cheap meals Discount shop to purchase items (toothpaste etc )

Productive & resilient culture

Great working environment Flexible & relaxed approach to tasks Lunch time walks No over time I learned that these global environments can be as fun as well as challenging sometimes. Specially when it comes to job security. Restructures are a hard reality of these times & when it hits you, it's not pretty at all. Although the benefit of working in the global companies is that they support you at every step including at your time of redundancy by providing outplacement support etc.

Fun happy

Contributing to Team Success Customer Focus. Continuous Improvement Adaptability Applied Learning Communication Managing Conflict Managing Work (includes Time Management

Nice colleagues, terrible management

There are a lot of nice and knowledge colleagues to work with, however, the management level does not have vision and does not see the value of technical stuffs. They expect leadership of everyone and do not respect the people who actually got things done. Good people tend to leave the company.

Pros

nice colleagues

Cons

poor management

Constant change

The company undergoes restructures every 18 months. The sales team no longer is assessed or incentivized on sales results but by how the sales call is performed. The culture has become very conservative and creativity is stifled by red tape. The focus is almost on what one should not do instead of what one should do.

Pros

Big organisation with great products.

Cons

Micro management on many levels.

Contract

I was contracted to GSK by a labour hire company on 2 occasions, great supportive team on site, learnt and shared many skills. It was an interesting time even though the short nature of both contracts

Great pay, and amenities.

Great pay, unfortunately the opportunity for full time employment is very slim, overall a good place to work if you can work on call.canteen provided with full range of meals.

Pros

Great pay rate

Cons

casual employment

Half Decent place to work

Pays well for the most part in most areas of the business, there's worse places to work in the world. Get on and focus on what you're doing and you'll be fine

Pros

Subisdized lunch

Cons

Poor Management, Skeleton Staff

Biased company with only female employee in mind.

All female and male (employee) must be a science graduates in order to be consider a working chance to be review. Officer in charge do not understand the how the down line employee get the job done. They do not understand how work standards are logical and illogical.

Pros

company subsidies lunches

Cons

biased toward female workers only.

Great place to work - the people are brilliant and just like a big family

I joined GSK as my first job when I moved to Australia 6 years ago and the team made me feel so welcome. They are a great bunch of motivated and hard working individuals who really support each other.

Working at GSK

Every day is different, but with the support of both management and proactive behaviour of staff from different functions issues are never insurmountable. It is hard to maintain a good work life balance, however the atmosphere and friendliness of the team make being at work pleasurable, it is like having an extended family

Great people, lots to learn, nice working environment, lots of changes

Similar to SB but more head office control. Again excellent people to work with. Learn so much. Variable management Diversity in jobs not so evident as previous, decreasing satisfaction. Nice environment High integrity

Pros

Great people

Cons

Head office control

GSK offers challenging and rewarding opportunities.

GSK offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to people who are ready to push themselves and make a difference at work.

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

Long working hours

Work Flow

Working as a Project Administrator at GSK I have a variety of work to execute and I am constantly receiving more tasks. I always write down the specifications of the job to be executed and add to my list of work to do. I have co-works that are happy to assist me when needed, and I also make myself available. I have learned about program management and scheduling.

Pros

Good team work

Room to improve

A typical day always consist of continuous loading of up to 15 trucks and the manager oversees the affairs of work which will be supervised by warehouse keeper but before that can be done, safety officers check and pass in trucks to be sure they follow the safety guidelines

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GSK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare GSK with