Guardian Childcare & Education
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guardian Childcare & Education Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews
Guarding has helped me develop my skills and given me more confidence as an educator. It's a Productive and fun workplace with friendly and helpful staff. But looking for a Full time/Part time position to move forward.
No review please. It is just okay. I have good time with my colleagues. Need change and experience working in different companies and centres. Everybody is good.a Only your intention matters
Working at Guardian has allowed me to explore what I eventually want to do as a career being primary education. The culture that exists at least in the centre that I worked at being Sydney IAG has a great culture with most other staff collaborating and getting along with each other being lead by competent and experienced senior staff.
I had a great start working in the Guardian. I was warmly welcomed by everyone and immediately immersed in the world of childcare. I came in thinking I'm armed with my personal experience however each person in the center had contributed to my learning like on how to effectively communicate children, working efficiently on routines, and delivering summer programs that excite the children. I observed that if an educator performs well on his job, Guardian opens up opportunities for them to further career growth. I found that the permanent staff from top to bottom are all professionals and experts in their field while at the same time and the most important of all is that the children clearly trust them and enjoy being with them. I believe this company is true to its ethos and exceeds what Australia standards had set to the industry. Excited to see the growth of this center and learn more about my role in the next year.
Guardian has a very strong head office with a professional philosophy for this industry; they have tried their best to update their centres and their equipment. However, the implementation of this philosophy is just on educators duties who directly work with the children on the floor and do not get enough support from their management team. Guardian does not provide non- contact time in their roster for paperwork which is against their policies and they have increased their expectations to do weekly programming without giving more time to their educators. Therefore, educators have to use their home time to do their paperwork. Some managers count the ratio under the roof, moving between rooms frequently to cover ratio which means fewer educators and showing more profits to the head office. The managers have their own friends group, and clearly they had biases towards their favourite employees. Personally I have seen several times that some Australian educators who are close to the manger laughed at Non- Australian educators' accents. This is an unfair environment that some people would not stay in it and some people would not like to do their best as they won't be seen. They can not have any contact with the head office to express their concerns anonymously and get support as the only way to rectify their issues is going through their manager. So it really depends on your manager, and you need to be lucky to find the good one. They are some other companies that pay more like $32 per hour for permanent Diploma educator compare with Guardian that is saying " paying above the award" - more...
Guardian as a company is great with fantastic philosophy of early childhood education. The training and professional development provides for employees is wonderful if you like to learn and grow. The company invest lots of money to train their employees and all new employees get a proper in service training at the start and Laos during the year. Also every employee equally receive this training which is a great inclusive practice
However management and the job culture is depending on which individual service management. I met some managers who are really great but some managed the team terribly and unfairly. The managers have own political groups and when it comes to best practice and service quality they had biases towards their favourite employees. This a toxic work environment as employees who are quietly working don’t get the attention from managers .

But I have heard positive stories from some other centres of Guardian. If the top management is now to be consistent with management , practices and values this is a great place to work
Pros
A good company
Cons
Individual service quality depends on the person managing it
9 September 2019
Thank you for sending through your feedback. At Guardian, we believe that training is incredibly important, it's wonderful to hear that you also feel this. If you would like to speak to our people and culture team regarding any concerns you have, please feel free to send an email via peopleandculture@guardian.edu.au.
After joining Guardian I very quickly was supported to share my career goals, with support from my Operations Manager and Center Manager I was encouraged, trained and supported to build my skills and progress in my career - I reached my career goal within 2 years.

I have flexibility to add creative flair and strong philosophy whilst working within the Guardian expectations - these are high on purpose!

Highly recommend! :)
21 August 2019
Thank you so much for sharing your journey with Guardian! we are incredibly lucky to have you be a part of our community.
A typical day for Guardian is exciting, fun, challenging and always something new. I have been able to progress within my career in a short time working for Guardian, being recognised for educators hard work for them to be able to progress. There is such a range of opportunities to continue in the Early Learning sector through a range of jobs within Guardian.
The culture of Guardian is fantastic and they provide their staff with so many resources to help support their jobs and make it as easy as possible to continue in with their busy days. Professional development for educators is of high priority and they provide their staff with a range of opportunities including professional development as well as meetings to help support them.

Staff are recognised for their hard work and commitment to Guardian.
21 August 2019
Hi There,

We genuinely appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you love coming to work. We love having you a part of our community and can't wait to hear where the road at Guardian takes you!
I really enjoy working here, the team is so supportive and collaborative. I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day and feel challenged to always do my best. The company genuinely cares about its employee's and are always looking for ways to be better.
11 August 2019
Hi There,

We are so happy that you love coming to work every day. We work hard to build a positive culture at Guardian, so it's wonderful to hear it's all paying off. Keep up the great work and thank you for being a part of our community!
i am interested in joining &making my life wonderful by joining the Guardian child care &education ,as iam myself done teachers training training courses &did various jobs in INDIA .but salary is low for woman who are single .
Hi There,

We would be happy to review your application and see what opportunities were suited to you. It sounds as though you've gained some wonderful experiences in India which could be transferred into a new role with Guardian. You're welcome to contact us via careers@guardian.edu.au to discuss our salary and benefits.
I really appreciate we have a supportive team and manager. The children are also very lucky to have many great dedicated educators and teachers. This is exactly a work place that I am looking for and willing to come to work every day.
Hi there,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We love all feedback and we couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for being a part of our growing community.
At the Bentleigh East centre, the staffs are really friendly and cooperative. The leadership team are also positive and encouraging. Together, we celebrate belonging, being and becoming inside the premises!
Pros
Friendly environment, positive workforce, encouraging manager and 2IC
Cons
Very few benefits; eg- life insurance
Hi there,

From the People & Culture team, we want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy to have you a part of our growing community.
Monday to Friday, reply the tickets, make query and provide solutions.
very organised structure, Automated support desk.

great workplace culture.

when there is nothing to do.

Office party on every Friday.
Hi there,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy working at Guardian Childcare & Education. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We definitely love our Friday events to support our wonderful culture.
Worked at Guardian Richmond for a few months. At first i was overwhelmed by the centre with it's library, pottery classes for staff, and collection of recycled materials from local businesses. However my eyes were opened to how they could afford all this as they weren't paying me for my time, always coming up with excuses and blaming pay role. This was a very frustrating time however i was understanding and gave them time to pay me. During this time i found out from other staff members that they had, had similar issues and one team member was even owed over $3000, it was at this time i decided to cut my losses I threatened to quit if they didn't pay me and the didn't so I quit, only then did they give me what i was owed.

I was happy in the end to leave as the centre itself turned out to be a chaotic hot mess. Staff were constantly falling alseep in the staff room, the layout of the centre is open planned for 150 children with unders and over separated and their is very little connections between educators and children because of this.

I have worked at many centres in my time, and whilst i met some lovely dedicated educators in my time hear i would NEVER return. In professional terms it was cray cray. My heart goes out to the children and staff still there.
Pros
Got to met celeb crush, super cute IRL A+
Cons
Extremely Mentally and Physically exhausting
27 June 2019
Hi there,

Thank you for giving feedback on your experience with Guardian. We are sad to hear that this experience has occurred. We are very open to having a conversation with you to discuss your feedback in more detail. If you’d like to reach out, please email peopleandculture@guardian.edu.au.
This is a private owned company completely driven on financial gain, which is shown in their salaries and practices, as well as the value for their educators. Many managers are hired because they have friends in higher positions rather than skills, management skills and most importantly regard for people. Educators are not given programming time to implement learning and support development. They are asked to go home and use their holidays if numbers in centres are low and staff to child ratio is over, instead of using this time effectively for the benefit of children.

Also - ISS support for children with special needs is not used effectively for the benefit of the child/ children or staff.

Children are moved between rooms frequently to cover ratio requirements.

Centre's look beautiful, but operations make it difficult for teachers to do their job.
Pros
flexi days
Hi there,

I started as an educator at a different Guardian Centre to where I am now but Guardian supported my desire to drive further and progress my career. I have had nothing but support from higher management and enjoy coming to work each day.
Guardian holds their educators in high regard and supports them in ensuring that work is enjoyable. The team at my centre are a great bunch of people and the main reason I love coming to work each day!
Pros
Great team, career progression, support from management
Hi there,

What a wonderful review. Thank you for being a part of our Caringbah team and our growing community.
A typical day at work would be seeing the children smiling first thing in the morning with lots of laughter, energy and joy. The management was great and very supportive towards me as i have a problem with my hearing. I really enjoyed my time working with this organisation.
Hi there,

How beautiful is a child's smile...

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and for being a part of our growing community.
Loved a few educators and obviously the children, but the group leader and 2IC in the Nursery Room at Caringbah (2018) would gossip about parents, staff and even our boss. They would bully, not only me but all the other staff in the room as well, they'd swear, order us around etc. while they'll pretend that they're working etc. Super unprofessional. Hope they realise why the staff are so upset in the nursery room and why so many staff leave the company. It's not on, you made the workplace depressing.
Cons
extremely rude staff
Hi there,

Most of times, during the busy working days, the office mangement was unfortunately, unable to support the room leaders/co-educators.

The ratios were really the concerning while i was working with them, due to unexpected casual children walking in as a surprise for the educators, therefore sudden changes in child and educators ratio.
Pros
fat fridays
Cons
low casual staff to relief staff for lunch breaks/ to cover absent staff
Hi there,

I only worked for this company for a short time as they took over ownership of all Acre Woods and Birdhouse Centres. Guardian has a ridiculously high level of expectations and it is extremely hard to correct the challenging behaviour of some children as they follow the Reggio Emilia (region in Italy, not a person) philosophy, which is extremely difficult not to burn out from. They don't support staff at centre level and I feel that it all about how many centres they can own (last I knew they owned 101).
Pros
Provides new resources, all natural and well presented
Cons
little support for staff, not high enough pay, high staff turnover
Hi there,

I am very patient an kind and bery responsible and i love children , i really hope to get a fulltime position cause i am experienced and ready completely .
Thanks
Pros
I think every thing is good
Cons
I think guardian is the best
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Childcare & Education. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2