Guardian Childcare & Education Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Blackwall NSW13 August 2019
A typical day for Guardian is exciting, fun, challenging and always something new. I have been able to progress within my career in a short time working for Guardian, being recognised for educators hard work for them to be able to progress. There is such a range of opportunities to continue in the Early Learning sector through a range of jobs within Guardian.
The culture of Guardian is fantastic and they provide their staff with so many resources to help support their jobs and make it as easy as possible to continue in with their busy days. Professional development for educators is of high priority and they provide their staff with a range of opportunities including professional development as well as meetings to help support them.

Staff are recognised for their hard work and commitment to Guardian.
Absolutely Awesome!!
Support Office (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW7 August 2019
I really enjoy working here, the team is so supportive and collaborative. I genuinely enjoy coming to work every day and feel challenged to always do my best. The company genuinely cares about its employee's and are always looking for ways to be better.
11 August 2019

Hi There,

We are so happy that you love coming to work every day. We work hard to build a positive culture at Guardian, so it's wonderful to hear it's all paying off. Keep up the great work and thank you for being a part of our community!

i read &came to know that it is a very good institution &a good motivator for new teachers
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 July 2019
i am interested in joining &making my life wonderful by joining the Guardian child care &education ,as iam myself done teachers training training courses &did various jobs in INDIA .but salary is low for woman who are single .

Hi There,

We would be happy to review your application and see what opportunities were suited to you. It sounds as though you've gained some wonderful experiences in India which could be transferred into a new role with Guardian. You're welcome to contact us via careers@guardian.edu.au to discuss our salary and benefits.

Excellent team work
ECE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bentleigh East2 July 2019
I really appreciate we have a supportive team and manager. The children are also very lucky to have many great dedicated educators and teachers. This is exactly a work place that I am looking for and willing to come to work every day.

Hi there,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We love all feedback and we couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for being a part of our growing community.

One of the best places I have ever worked in!
Lead Educator (Current Employee) –  Bentleigh East VIC2 July 2019
At the Bentleigh East centre, the staffs are really friendly and cooperative. The leadership team are also positive and encouraging. Together, we celebrate belonging, being and becoming inside the premises!
Pros
Friendly environment, positive workforce, encouraging manager and 2IC
Cons
Very few benefits; eg- life insurance

Hi there,

From the People & Culture team, we want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy to have you a part of our growing community.

Productive and fun working envirnment.
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW1 July 2019
Monday to Friday, reply the tickets, make query and provide solutions.
very organised structure, Automated support desk.
great workplace culture.
when there is nothing to do.
Office party on every Friday.

Hi there,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy working at Guardian Childcare & Education. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We definitely love our Friday events to support our wonderful culture.

Staff falling asleep in staff room - Tried to not pay me
Assistant Early Years Educator (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC25 June 2019
Worked at Guardian Richmond for a few months. At first i was overwhelmed by the centre with it's library, pottery classes for staff, and collection of recycled materials from local businesses. However my eyes were opened to how they could afford all this as they weren't paying me for my time, always coming up with excuses and blaming pay role. This was a very frustrating time however i was understanding and gave them time to pay me. During this time i found out from other staff members that they had, had similar issues and one team member was even owed over $3000, it was at this time i decided to cut my losses I threatened to quit if they didn't pay me and the didn't so I quit, only then did they give me what i was owed.

I was happy in the end to leave as the centre itself turned out to be a chaotic hot mess. Staff were constantly falling alseep in the staff room, the layout of the centre is open planned for 150 children with unders and over separated and their is very little connections between educators and children because of this.

I have worked at many centres in my time, and whilst i met some lovely dedicated educators in my time hear i would NEVER return. In professional terms it was cray cray. My heart goes out to the children and staff still there.
Pros
Got to met celeb crush, super cute IRL A+
Cons
Extremely Mentally and Physically exhausting
27 June 2019

Hi there,

Thank you for giving feedback on your experience with Guardian. We are sad to hear that this experience has occurred. We are very open to having a conversation with you to discuss your feedback in more detail. If you’d like to reach out, please email peopleandculture@guardian.edu.au.

Financially driven company not an education centre, which lacks value in their educator, families and children
ECT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 March 2019
This is a private owned company completely driven on financial gain, which is shown in their salaries and practices, as well as the value for their educators. Many managers are hired because they have friends in higher positions rather than skills, management skills and most importantly regard for people. Educators are not given programming time to implement learning and support development. They are asked to go home and use their holidays if numbers in centres are low and staff to child ratio is over, instead of using this time effectively for the benefit of children.

Also - ISS support for children with special needs is not used effectively for the benefit of the child/ children or staff.

Children are moved between rooms frequently to cover ratio requirements.

Centre's look beautiful, but operations make it difficult for teachers to do their job.
Pros
flexi days

Love My Job
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Caringbah NSW19 February 2019
I started as an educator at a different Guardian Centre to where I am now but Guardian supported my desire to drive further and progress my career. I have had nothing but support from higher management and enjoy coming to work each day.
Guardian holds their educators in high regard and supports them in ensuring that work is enjoyable. The team at my centre are a great bunch of people and the main reason I love coming to work each day!
Pros
Great team, career progression, support from management

Hi there,

What a wonderful review. Thank you for being a part of our Caringbah team and our growing community.

A fun place to work with children
diploma Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillside VIC5 February 2019
A typical day at work would be seeing the children smiling first thing in the morning with lots of laughter, energy and joy. The management was great and very supportive towards me as i have a problem with my hearing. I really enjoyed my time working with this organisation.

Hi there,

How beautiful is a child's smile...

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and for being a part of our growing community.

depressing and full of drama
Nursery Educator (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW20 January 2019
Loved a few educators and obviously the children, but the group leader and 2IC in the Nursery Room at Caringbah (2018) would gossip about parents, staff and even our boss. They would bully, not only me but all the other staff in the room as well, they'd swear, order us around etc. while they'll pretend that they're working etc. Super unprofessional. Hope they realise why the staff are so upset in the nursery room and why so many staff leave the company. It's not on, you made the workplace depressing.
Cons
extremely rude staff

Hi there,

Less support from the top most management
Co Educator (Former Employee) –  South Yarra VIC26 March 2018
Most of times, during the busy working days, the office mangement was unfortunately, unable to support the room leaders/co-educators.

The ratios were really the concerning while i was working with them, due to unexpected casual children walking in as a surprise for the educators, therefore sudden changes in child and educators ratio.
Pros
fat fridays
Cons
low casual staff to relief staff for lunch breaks/ to cover absent staff

Hi there,

One of the biggest childcare companies in Australia.
Preschool/Toddler Room, Outdoor Educator (2-5) (Former Employee) –  Gladesville/West Pennnant Hills NSW24 January 2018
I only worked for this company for a short time as they took over ownership of all Acre Woods and Birdhouse Centres. Guardian has a ridiculously high level of expectations and it is extremely hard to correct the challenging behaviour of some children as they follow the Reggio Emilia (region in Italy, not a person) philosophy, which is extremely difficult not to burn out from. They don't support staff at centre level and I feel that it all about how many centres they can own (last I knew they owned 101).
Pros
Provides new resources, all natural and well presented
Cons
little support for staff, not high enough pay, high staff turnover

Hi there,

I really love my job and Guardian groop
Childcare Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 November 2017
I am very patient an kind and bery responsible and i love children , i really hope to get a fulltime position cause i am experienced and ready completely .
Thanks
Pros
I think every thing is good
Cons
I think guardian is the best
a great place to work with lots of opportunities
2IC (Current Employee) –  Doncaster East VIC26 July 2017
I have worked for Guardian for nearly 7 years and have had lots of opportunities to progress in my career.
A typical day is busy and challenging, but there is plenty of opportunity for professional development and there is lots of support from the wider Guardian community.
Pros
Lots of support, lots of professional development opportunities
Excellent Early Learning Company to work for with plenty of career progression.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reception25 July 2017
Guardian Early Learning Group is an expanding exciting company to be apart of, the management team and Centre Managers work together to support the educators to provide the best early learning centres in Melbourne. Guardian provide ongoing PD and curriculum training for all educators and Centre Managers work along side each educator to ensure they are well supported within the service.
Pros
ongoing professional development, career progression
Very friendly and fun place to work everyone is like family.
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC24 July 2017
i have worked at creative beginnings just over 6 years and i love my work place , staff are highly trained and qualified to give the support and best care to each individual child that comes to our center. All our meals are freshly made in our center every single day and we aim to have the best relationships with our children,parents, staff and the community.
Pros
celebrate special occasions - e.g birthdays, achievements
Cons
need more staff
Great career opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC19 July 2017
I have worked within Guardian for 5 Year olds now, I began as a student and have worked my way up into the Director role. Guardian are all about developing educators to where they need to be. Guardian have put so much time into provided PD's for helps us grow and learning e.g. the Guardian Curriculum, Reggio Emilia Exchange and more.

I have enjoy working for a company they value their educators. They are going in the right direction, and I would recommend Guardian to other educators.
I have been working with Guardian for past 9 years and I still love this company
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornbury VIC16 July 2017
Guardian is constantly growing company. I enjoy working with the company because everyone is constantly evolving with the growth. They are always ready to except changes and challenges , the vision for each and every employees at guardian is very similar. They all want to create best possible learning environment for children, families are the prime focus of everything. They provide lots of training to all the educators to support them in their career.
Pros
Rewards and recognision, ongoing training, growth oppertunities.
Cons
Working with children can be stressful, no matter which company you work with
passionate educators with shared goal of providing best quality
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster East VIC16 July 2017
I have worked for Guardian Early Learning Group for nearly 6 years and have had opportunities and experiences i don't believe i would have been offered anywhere else.
Amazing career opportunities and scope for professional development only promised with other organisations.
We are brought together under the Guardian umbrella with a unique shared curriculum and goals but each centre also has a real community uniqueness which is seen by Guardian as an asset.
I highly recommend to employees looking for others who equal their passion and devotion to early education.
Pros
great professional development opportunities, great curriculum, unique opportunities for career advancement and varied roles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Childcare & Education. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4