Guardian Childcare & Education

Guardian Childcare & Education Employee Reviews

Australia79 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Child focused, inclusive practice, are part of work culture.

The company cares about staff, Hard work never gone unnoticed. Mixed shift times are great, with one short shift. On going opportunities for professional development.

Guardian Childcare & Education

Continually evolving and open to trying new ideas and concepts. Progressive approach to flexible working and very supportive. No negatives, I never want to leave!

Pros

Remote working with lots of flexibility

Guardian Childcare & Education insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

A company that strives to be the best it can be and delivers.

I have worked here for almost 9 years, and I still love what I do. I am proud to work for a company that puts the children and its employees first. The Leadership team listen and are open to ideas. I can honestly say there are no limits to what you can achieve if you are passionate about what you do.

Pros

The flexibility, the opportunities to try different things, to move interstate, into other departments, the support from management.

Toxic

The manager shae at guardian Forrest was biased and favoured people of certain background! Rooms are crowded with children but a lack of educators to support them ! Unreliable rosters and toxic management who aren’t willing to understand and support your situation. Qualification and experience isn’t valued if you do hold a certain ethnic background ! Often asked to stay back to cover ratios but hardly got paid for overtime

Very high educated staff

Love that place and love to work with Guardian. Amazing staff . Lots of educational learning experience for children. Very professional staff and management.

Poor management

When I started working at this centre, I was surprised by the lack of toy resources, constant low supplies of items (nappy, gloves, wet wipes etc), and high staff turnover. It is ridiculous how the management is still enrolling new children with limited resources and lack of permanent staff members. This causes most days where we are in over ratio. I feel guilty working the children and their families when we can’t provide them the best care and education. The management prioritises budget over children and staff.

Pros

Job security, working with children, good team culture

Cons

Poor management, lack of resources, pressure on staff

Collaborative team

I am fortunate enough to have a collaborative team and a manager that can handle her branch well enough to provide us work life balance. It is rare to find such people/ team.

Friendly environment with supportive and motivational culture

Lovely work culture to work with. If I did not change my career, I would still love to work with the company.Company has very good policy for its clients and employees.

poor higher management

centre was lovely and good team culture. higher management was not supportive when the centre needed it. Guardian didn’t prioritise what the centre needed especially for health and safety of the children, budgets came before the children and staff

Great networking between states

Company support you if you want to achieve further education or upgrade skillsYou work in different cultures, different type personalities and always encouraging you to be a positive person

Pros

Sometimes they give you great perks such as new uniforms, free flu shot, free training

Cons

Sometime too many personal problems between staff involved in the professional job

Poor management skill

I thought this was a great company. The Reggio Emilia approach, as they advertise, was the key to choose this place. I worked for over a year and couldn't see any Reggio applied into the centre. Management is only concern about minimising expenses to meet the budget. Ratio is kept to the minimum (under the roof is their motto) and low nutritional meals. Lack of resources and lots of printed material and stencil to work with children (not Reggio at all). All of this inefficient "Guardian Way" put a lot of pressure on staff, who try to do their best with little resources. Plastic, plastic and plastic is governed by this place. I really hope other guardians have a better "way" to operate as families deserve a decent early education for the youngest one.

Different workplace

At first I thought it was a great place to work, I still did enjoy my time at the job however, as a casual team member I am required to work the shifts I am given. We are told we are not to ask to change/inform manager we cannot work as shifts that are rostered are printed 2 weeks in advance. Yes we are reminded about updating availabilities however, as a casual I feel I should not have to commit to shifts 2 weeks in advance. There is also no room to grow. I feel as though I have already gotten everything I can out of my job in the 1 year I have been employed. I have attempted to try out for other positions but was unsuccessful. Some positive include, the job itself is wonderful. I throughly enjoy working with the children.

No helpful respond were provided yet staff were left upset.

Decided to leave the centre for the toxic working environment. Team member were great to work with however unfortunately I felt the Manager was really difficult to deal with. Some weeks educators were not paid properly, leave request was not actioned / responded. Staff were frustrated and stressed as they did not feel supported. High staff turnover and this has put pressure on current staff. The centre focus was unfortunately only to run the number and made sure families are happy. Educators and children wellbeing unfortunately had to be on the bottom priority as long as target monthly profit were achieved.

Pros

Cons

Lack of resources, high staff turnover, micromanaged, non supportive management

Horrible management, disgraceful culture

When I first started working for this company, it was amazing. I thought I was onto something wonderful. Supportive work place, great colleagues, possibility for career progression. Boy was I wrong! The most toxic place. If you like bullying in the school yard, look no further. That is what it is like working with the senior staff at management level.

Fun workplace but low salary.

Supporting childrens overall development was rewarding and most enjoyable part of the job however, for me personally the negatives outweighed the positives. I was sick ALOT of the time, especially the first 6-12 months. Pay is VERY poor for the demands of the job. The job is very stressful and mentally, emotionally and physically demanding.

Toxic place to work in

Worse place I've ever worked at . Professionalism nil toxic all they care about is making money and checking the checklist to meet requirements No quality service

Cons

Long hours, toxic environment, workload

Productive workplace. I have learned a lot since I’ve started working over there

Productive workplace. It’s my first job in Australia and I have learned a lot from my team members and manager. Good working environment. Everyone is helping.

Politics

Hardly get long hours. One room leader is mean. Manager is very nice. I like her.But, other educator not so friendly.Other room leader yell at me on my first day.They treat you bad sometimes, when they are not happy.They nice to each other as long as you are a permanent staff.

Cons

Short hour mostly.

Great opportunities to learn, develop and progress my career

I've worked at Guardian for over 5 years in their Support Office, in a range of roles. I've had an excellent experience, and learned a huge amount in that time. I'm so proud to work for an organisation that really values the work people do in our centres, and is on a journey to continuously improve the education provided to children.

Pros

Collaborative and friendly colleagues, opportunities for career progression

Worse employer ever

Bad management, no support, expectations on staff member too high and irrealistic, no resources, no planning time, the staff is expected to clean the centre during hours of work. Always the ratio of educators/ children is over.

Pros

Some of the staff are nice.

Cons

Load of work irrealistic

Supportive Environment

Guardian is filled with highly educated professionals who support you in all you need. Their whole team approach allows you to find the joy in what we do.

Pros

Supportive, high quality care, puts children first

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Childcare & Education. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Guardian Childcare & Education with

• Guardian Childcare & Education
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?