Guardian Early Learning Group Employee Reviews

Financially driven company not an education centre, which lacks value in their educator, families and children
ECT (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 March 2019
This is a private owned company completely driven on financial gain, which is shown in their salaries and practices, as well as the value for their educators. Many managers are hired because they have friends in higher positions rather than skills, management skills and most importantly regard for people. Educators are not given programming time to implement learning and support development. They are asked to go home and use their holidays if numbers in centres are low and staff to child ratio is over, instead of using this time effectively for the benefit of children.

Also - ISS support for children with special needs is not used effectively for the benefit of the child/ children or staff.

Children are moved between rooms frequently to cover ratio requirements.

Centre's look beautiful, but operations make it difficult for teachers to do their job.
Pros
flexi days
A fun place to work with children
diploma Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillside VIC5 February 2019
A typical day at work would be seeing the children smiling first thing in the morning with lots of laughter, energy and joy. The management was great and very supportive towards me as i have a problem with my hearing. I really enjoyed my time working with this organisation.
depressing and full of drama
Nursery Educator (Former Employee) –  Caringbah NSW20 January 2019
Loved a few educators and obviously the children, but the group leader and 2IC in the Nursery Room at Caringbah (2018) would gossip about parents, staff and even our boss. They would bully, not only me but all the other staff in the room as well, they'd swear, order us around etc. while they'll pretend that they're working etc. Super unprofessional. Hope they realise why the staff are so upset in the nursery room and why so many staff leave the company. It's not on, you made the workplace depressing.
Cons
extremely rude staff
Less support from the top most management
Co Educator (Former Employee) –  South Yarra VIC26 March 2018
Most of times, during the busy working days, the office mangement was unfortunately, unable to support the room leaders/co-educators.

The ratios were really the concerning while i was working with them, due to unexpected casual children walking in as a surprise for the educators, therefore sudden changes in child and educators ratio.
Pros
fat fridays
Cons
low casual staff to relief staff for lunch breaks/ to cover absent staff
One of the biggest childcare companies in Australia.
Preschool/Toddler Room, Outdoor Educator (2-5) (Former Employee) –  Gladesville/West Pennnant Hills NSW24 January 2018
I only worked for this company for a short time as they took over ownership of all Acre Woods and Birdhouse Centres. Guardian has a ridiculously high level of expectations and it is extremely hard to correct the challenging behaviour of some children as they follow the Reggio Emilia (region in Italy, not a person) philosophy, which is extremely difficult not to burn out from. They don't support staff at centre level and I feel that it all about how many centres they can own (last I knew they owned 101).
Pros
Provides new resources, all natural and well presented
Cons
little support for staff, not high enough pay, high staff turnover
I really love my job and Guardian groop
Childcare Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 November 2017
I am very patient an kind and bery responsible and i love children , i really hope to get a fulltime position cause i am experienced and ready completely .
Thanks
Pros
I think every thing is good
Cons
I think guardian is the best
a great place to work with lots of opportunities
2IC (Current Employee) –  Doncaster East VIC26 July 2017
I have worked for Guardian for nearly 7 years and have had lots of opportunities to progress in my career.
A typical day is busy and challenging, but there is plenty of opportunity for professional development and there is lots of support from the wider Guardian community.
Pros
Lots of support, lots of professional development opportunities
Excellent Early Learning Company to work for with plenty of career progression.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Reception25 July 2017
Guardian Early Learning Group is an expanding exciting company to be apart of, the management team and Centre Managers work together to support the educators to provide the best early learning centres in Melbourne. Guardian provide ongoing PD and curriculum training for all educators and Centre Managers work along side each educator to ensure they are well supported within the service.
Pros
ongoing professional development, career progression
Very friendly and fun place to work everyone is like family.
Assistant Educator (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC24 July 2017
i have worked at creative beginnings just over 6 years and i love my work place , staff are highly trained and qualified to give the support and best care to each individual child that comes to our center. All our meals are freshly made in our center every single day and we aim to have the best relationships with our children,parents, staff and the community.
Pros
celebrate special occasions - e.g birthdays, achievements
Cons
need more staff
Great career opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Mentone VIC19 July 2017
I have worked within Guardian for 5 Year olds now, I began as a student and have worked my way up into the Director role. Guardian are all about developing educators to where they need to be. Guardian have put so much time into provided PD's for helps us grow and learning e.g. the Guardian Curriculum, Reggio Emilia Exchange and more.

I have enjoy working for a company they value their educators. They are going in the right direction, and I would recommend Guardian to other educators.
I have been working with Guardian for past 9 years and I still love this company
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornbury VIC16 July 2017
Guardian is constantly growing company. I enjoy working with the company because everyone is constantly evolving with the growth. They are always ready to except changes and challenges , the vision for each and every employees at guardian is very similar. They all want to create best possible learning environment for children, families are the prime focus of everything. They provide lots of training to all the educators to support them in their career.
Pros
Rewards and recognision, ongoing training, growth oppertunities.
Cons
Working with children can be stressful, no matter which company you work with
passionate educators with shared goal of providing best quality
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster East VIC16 July 2017
I have worked for Guardian Early Learning Group for nearly 6 years and have had opportunities and experiences i don't believe i would have been offered anywhere else.
Amazing career opportunities and scope for professional development only promised with other organisations.
We are brought together under the Guardian umbrella with a unique shared curriculum and goals but each centre also has a real community uniqueness which is seen by Guardian as an asset.
I highly recommend to employees looking for others who equal their passion and devotion to early education.
Pros
great professional development opportunities, great curriculum, unique opportunities for career advancement and varied roles
Great professional development opportunities
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 July 2017
A typical day at work is challenging, exciting and engaging! Guardian is a great place to work and its amazing to see that such a growing company really value their educators and employees. The variety of professional development opportunities in which are offered, to not only educators but to management as well is great ! Some of these great opportunities are A Reggio Inspired Guardian Diploma Program, A Bachelor Program, an opportunity to attend a Reggio Study Tour in Italy 9 too name a few !!)
Pros
Great succession opportunities
Cons
Recruitment
Big thinkers
Educational Leader (Current Employee) –  Pascoe Vale VIC14 July 2017
The Guardian Early Learning Group is a strong believer in early education. A passion for the Reggio Emilia approach and believers in the capabilities of children.
I started my time at Guardian as an ECT and Educational Leader, have then moved to being an Educational Leader and have now been given the chance to become a Centre Manger.
I have been supported along this career progression by many people along the way.
Guardian has a culture of being innovative and trying new ideas along the way. At time this has needed some tweaking to get right, but I'd prefer to work in a company that tries new ideas as opposed to ne that does things because that's the way it's always been.
Pros
Professional deveopment opportunities
Education culture
Educational Leader (Current Employee) –  St Kilda VIC13 July 2017
I have found both the centre I work in and the wider Guardian Early Learning Group to be a fantastic place to work, particularly around opportunities to develop a culture of educational thinking.
I have participated in such an array of stimulating professional conversations as part of my role as kindergarten teacher and educational leader. These opportunities include everyday conversations with colleagues and staff meetings with a focus on all educators contributing to the development of each other's educational learning. The centre I work in is full of lively discussion with 7 ECTs on the team along with many dedicated and enthusiastic diploma and cert 3 qualified colleagues, all eager to further develop education practice and thinking together.
In addition to in centre professional development we are frequently invited to Guardian Early Learning Group provided professional development, ed leader meetings, conference style days and even trips to Reggio Emilia!
Pros
professional development
Working for Guardian
Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  St Kilda VIC13 July 2017
I have had the opportunity to work at several Guardian centres, having been able to move through the company to explore administration roles. Guardian have been so supportive in helping me to move to these roles and I have had the chance to work with amazing directors, management and educators.
Staff are encouraged with great reward programs, PD opportunities and the whole head office management team are there for you and the centre, it makes it feel like such a welcoming environment to work for!
I am so grateful to for all these opportunities I have received so far and look forward to continuing my career with Guardian
Pros
Staff reward programs, great working hours, amazing and dedicated staff in all areas
Cons
travel - but I love where I work!!
Love my new job, feel very supported
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 July 2017
I recently moved to Guardian from another organisation and the support i feel from this company is wonderful.

Staff are recognised and rewarded for all their hard work which is a breath of fresh air.

Each day i get to manage a team of 60 staff and support 150 families in raising their children.

The most enjoyable part of my day is having one on one conversations with my staff about their day and how they feel supported.
Pros
Support, lots of resource money, coffee meetings with all my staff.
Cons
Long Hours
Supportive, fun and inspiring team environments.
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blackburn VIC13 July 2017
Guardian provides well resources and and inspiring work environments. There are great opportunities for training and professional development, and this is encouraged at all levels. Each centre retains its own individuality and uniqueness whilst being guided by Guardian's educational philosophy and curriculum.
Pros
Many
Cons
Minimal
Great company to work for, both professional and fun!
Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackburn VIC13 July 2017
Guardian is a great company to work for. I took a step down from my career when starting with Guardian to gain more knowledge as an assistant manager in a well established company. Guardian encouraged me to progress my career and provided training and support to get me to where i am today as a Centre Manager.
Guardian allows centres to provide wonderful environments and resources for children. They are always encouraging educators to further their learning and supporting them in this, providing numerous professional development training.
Our centre has a great well balanced team and provides a friendly family environment.
Pros
Career progression, supportive management, great environment
Cons
Award wages
Supportive and dedicated company
Assistant Manager (2IC) / Early Childhood Teacher (Current Employee) –  Blackburn VIC13 July 2017
I have worked for Guardian for 6 years and have found the company to be one of the most professional and dedicated companies when it comes to early childhood education. The supportive team environments make coming to work every day a pleasure. Professional development and multiple training opportunities are readily available, supporting us to grow and challenge ourselves as educators.
Guardian was also very supportive and I was able to easily transfer from a Qld centre to a Vic one - making a potentially stressful move much easier! Having recently made the move from ECT to Assistant Manager, I found the company to be encouraging of my career progression and am looking forward to my new role!
Pros
Career progression; PD opportunities; supportive team environments
Cons
Award wages; no RDOs; no extra AL offered for ECTs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guardian Early Learning Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4