Guess
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guess Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,425 reviews

great place to learn and work

they helped me get back into the workforce after having my first bub. great staff and understanding managers. definitely recommend applying if you love a great work life balance.

fun and good team and management

easy going and good team and management. good workplace environment and fast paced and has allowed me to gain more experience in the retail field and helped with many skills in workplace.

My job was amazing

Demanding and faced paced. Great team. I loved working there. I enjoyed merchandising. I learnt a lot about retail and many other aspects of management. It was great.

Really fun and lively work place

Guess was an amazing place to work. The staff worked well together as a team which was essential as boxing day saw the store requiring security guards and cues(ie, very busy).

Sales Supervisor

My daily jobs where always different and thus this made it an enjoyable job. My first job for the day is to do my morning by doing the morning banking and vaccuming the store. I would then do a face up of the whole store and check stock which would dictate if i was doing a stock order or not. I would then check over the sales totals for the previous day and set a target for myself and also a store target.

Greta International brand to work for

Interacted and built relationships with customers Merchandised and made sure store was up to company standards Trained staff members and actioned important emails/promotions Management and workplace was one of the best I worked for Working long hours and dealing with customer complaints Had really strong team of employees

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Trading hours

good learning experience

working at guess wasn't it the hardest job but i felt uncomfortable talking to customers which wasn't a bad thing made me realize i need to work on my confidence

guess

-typical working day would be not to busy, tasking. -Regular customers. -workmates and culture was great,love working with everyone. -state management wasn't great at all.

Cons

no over time pay, state manager at the time was rude and mean. didnt care about the workers

Inoubliable

J'ai adorée travailler pour cette enseigne, l'environnement de travail était très agréable, de plus étant localisé en Australie,cela m'as permis d'approfondir mon anglais et m'as permis d'avoir un apriori sur le monde du travail à l'étranger.

Enjoyable workplace

A typical day at Guess was fast paced with always something to do. so team work and time management were key in running a successful day. The Guess team are a family everyone has the same goals and strives towards hitting those goals whilst still making work seem fun and enjoyable, Thanks to Guess I have learnt the importance of team work and how much can be accomplished by working as a team, i have also learnt that customer service is key and can really make the difference in somebodies day.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guess?

Great team

Start early and finish late. Utilised my skills for stock control and management Co-workers were fantastic and a great team to work with

Pros

Great team

Cons

at least 7 hours per week expected to work unpaid.

so so

so so not much to say it was nor good nor bad. wouldn't recommend it though

productive and fun workplace

extraordinary comfortable and flexible work place culture

Pros

free coffees, free gift cards

Great Place to work. Varied and Challenging but very high level of job satisfaction

As store manager of Guess I was responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the store and its team. This included Daily reconsiliation, merchandising, staff rotas. All aspects of profit and loss including budgets and incentives. Staff hiring,disipline, and training. I loved the challenges involved with being store manager and the personal satisfaction of being able to complete those challenges.In addition to the above I relished leading from the front, ensuring the standards of my store were extremely high, thus providing nothing but exemplary customer service, whilst providing an enjoyable work environment.

Pros

fantastic team environment

Cons

long hours at times.

Lots of Experiance in all areas of a sales assistant

My typical day at work was sign in, write into our month to date book with our figures last yrs,this years and this month. I had to fix the store up by tidying anything that wasnt done the day before, get cash out of safe count each value and then write it down in a daily diary so it adds upto $500. Then follow our computer system macromatix which involved the tally for cash count, settle for begginning of day staple that into the diary and and write down the daily figure for the day following also everyones individual budget divide it by te budget for the day. Who ever is in charge of te day has to write in the diary what they expect to be done for the day. We had to allicate the staffs areas of where there situated for the day and what there duties were.Managers were great fun but were challened alot by our area managers so they always had to keep us in the right form and go by our daily ways otherwise it would get out of hand and they would fall behind.Stock was alot at times we would get upto nearly 30 boxes atleast 3 times a week and this followed by counting, sorting, tagging, writing down or highlighting the transfer page we reveieved with boxes from head office and double check if they gave us the right amount of items of clothing, jewellery, shoes, bags/wallets. We then had to unpack, hang, tag propley, fold. We also had to follow a mercandising sheet to show us the lay out of where we should place the clothing.Most exciting thing about working for Guess was the music it could be so full of energy and fun and it made us get through the day with some smiles and -

Pros

great workmanship, great procedures, fun enviroment, friendly customers and staff, managers were hard but also not to harsh

Cons

hours, stock daily upto 35/40 boxs sometimes, money was not that great for the amount of work we had to do, incentives were hard to achieve, holidays were hard to be taken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Guess. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Guess