Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

Australia95 reviews
After working with the company for over 2 years and building my way up the management ladder becoming a shift leader meant so much to me but not everyone would do what they’re supposed to in the management loop and it was the biggest downfall to where I left that company and I tell everyone it’s a good job while your in school that’s it I wouldn’t recommend working for them out of school
Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.
Pros
vacaciones pagas
Cons
descansos no pagos
Management had over-paid at periods and then randomly started deducting without notice. Very disappointing if you are not Spanish. Staff are not friendly, instead are more arrogant if you can’t complete a task.
- Helped customers complete purchases, process payments, maintained clean and tidy checkout area Counted money in drawers at beginning and end of each shift to ensure amounts were correct.
- wouldn’t really recommend working there

- managers are kinda rude and mean but can sometimes be nice

- pay is really bad compared to other jobs

- not very fun
Great people , amazing environment! wonderful place to work, nevertheless the food is always clean and fresh! Would recommend working here i had an amazing experience.
Excellent environment with the franchising, but lack of interest of people of Head office.
Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand
Not the greatest, not the worst in the world either, but more bad than good.

Pro's: Lovely colleagues, 50% off food onshift/20% otherwise

Con's:

Not enough hours - you're lied to when joining. You get told you'll get more hours if you prove yourself (which is fair enough). However if you're on a part time contract you're capped to a max of 5 shifts. They seem to hire tons of new people as opposed to increasing the hours of current staff. Hours aren't fairly distributed, people will fail to fulfil their basic responsibilities and still get a high amount of hours as opposed to others.

Low Wages

Management - Very hot and cold, one day they're okay with you, next day (most days) speak to you like you're worthless. Seem to lack to basic understanding that a member of staff who feels happy at work, will perform better.

Thrown in at the deep end - there is SO much to learn and you're not given time to find your feet/groove. You have to hit the ground more than running and even that may not be enough.
A typical day at work would be preparing for peak hours, talking to customers, being able to feel more relaxed when it's quiet but still have a rush during peak hours and everyone being able to focus.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guzman Y Gomez?
Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay
I love working at GYG Narellan, it was my second job so I wasn't new to the workforce at all.. But, I always feel like I am always learning something new every shift. The staff are so friendly and I have always felt like they are my work family, Natalia is an amazing boss along with Andreia and the other shift leaders at Narellan. The only downside is the pay, which should be improved as it is hard to survive on such a small rate... Other than that I love working here #2yearsstrong
Management is absolutely horrific and ruined the work environment. Little to no care about employees and borderline abusive. Constant bullying and harassment from management, multiple threats of resignation, late pay almost always, unreasonable requests and hours as well as multiple last minute calls. Many employees were fired without reason or warning and under unfair circumstances.
Disorganised and little training for new employees.

Only redeeming qualities of the job was the culture and the friendly people there who are all in the same boat as you.

Definitely one of the worst workplace experiences in my life, hope there are some changes to management as that is no way to treat employees.
Pros
Staff discounts, lax uniform
Cons
Abusive management, Unreasonable requests, low salary
i like working in gyg it was so much fun must of the time but i think working with Latin people was not very nice to me, as i wanted to improve my English , however its a good place to work with
Overall was a good experience working at Guzman Y Gomez Coffs Harbour. The only doe said was the management team could not keep a professional gap between themselves and the employees causing favouritism among the crew members
I found my experience at GYG fun and action packed. It was a great way for me to break into the hospitality industry and I had a great time working there.
6 years and happy to be part of the GyG family. We do everything for our customers and GyG is a really good place to train yourself in a fast hospitality environment
Working at guzman y gomez i had to work fast paced with minimal errors, the hardest part about working is beggining as you are thrown into working with little time to prepare and build up confidence in working
Working at GYG was a good experience as their team members were positive and supportive, and would always encourage you to do your best. The food at GYG is very food.
It was certainly a very very very stressful work place to be in , it was way to small for the amount of workers . Staff were unkind a lot and pushed you way over your limit .
it was a team work and people were friendly and the costumers were nice people. i was in charge of the cooking sometimes and serving also attending costumers.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
low salary