Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

Fun but not serious
Sales/Line (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 May 2019
The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.
Pros
Discounted food, culture and fun.
Cons
Poor management, no team work and personal drama.
Okay workplace.
Sales representative & Line cook (Former Employee) –  Chippendale NSW8 May 2019
working there was okay , nothing really amazing.
5.5/10 workplace altogether.
very very long breaks
i would have a 6 hour shift with a 2 hour break in the middle which was very tiresome and a waste of my time.
Pay rates were a little below average, getting paid fortnightly made it worse lol.
Pros
free food
Cons
overly long break times
best working environment
Cook (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW2 May 2019
GYG provides a better environment for the workers. well behavior is a must thing there. proud to be a member of GYG. wish the best of luck for GYG and its employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun workplace with lots of teamwork
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW27 April 2019
Great place to work as a part time job, perfect for students. Energetic team environment. Recommended for people who like to work in a face paced environment.
Pros
Staff parties and meals, fun work environment
Cons
Short hours
Average
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 April 2019
The economic compensation is not enough. Duties are very exhausting and the support from the management team is very poor. I give it an average rating in the hospitality industry
GYG South Yarra
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2019
I worked here part time over a period of 5 months. At the beginning of my time here i found it easy work with a positive work environment. Around 4 months in the work environment became disorganised and toxic because of the unpleasant store owners and management. Having one of the store owners call me and swear at me over the phone because she found out i applied for a second job was very unpleasant for myself and unprofessional. When i expressed my disappointment to a team leader, the owner than continued on to accuse me of fabricating this whole situation. After this incident my hours got cut drastically and i decided to quit because i constantly was working in an environment i no longer felt comfortable in.
Pros
Easily accessible location
Cons
Toxic management and store owners
interesting
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 January 2019
it was a new experience, the work atmosphere wasn't great. the supervisors were rude. I was trained poorly and made to feel inferior. the communication wasn't so good
A comprehensive review
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 January 2019
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
hard to balance life
Sales and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 January 2019
it was niche place but sometimes too many hours some times too few and hard to deal with store manager. Manager never listened to the worker and usually they don't care about someone else needs.
Pros
free burrito
team work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals.
I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less hours
Do not work at kennington Gyg
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC19 December 2018
Hands down one of the worst places I have worked, underpaid, no super for months. Continuous drama and work place bullying (even from one of the managers). Just a miserable place to be!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Excellent opportunity as an employee to experience working in the kitchen.
kitchenhand / chef assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitfords, Wa2 December 2018
It has been an amazing experience as student and also a cook to be part of the team in the Mexican kitchen.

I have enjoyed my time and the shifts including the people who I met and colleagues who I have worked with.
Pros
The flexibility of rosters.
Cons
Low Hourly Rates
the team environment and management is inconsistent
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 400016 November 2018
Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.
Exciting workplace to learn and adapt in a fast past rerstaurant
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD1 November 2018
working here i learnt a great deal of skills which are included on my resume. i highly recommend anyone to apply for gyg as its a great stepping stone into customer service industry.
Pretty work place but nice team
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Australia1 October 2018
Here I learned to value teamwork, A typical day at work was a busy day helping the cook, taking orders, washing dishes, scrubbing floors, washing bathrooms.
Pros
Free lunch
Disrespectful and don't know how to run a business
Hospitality Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 September 2018
Awful management, make promises at the start they don't intend on keeping. If you've above 18 years of age expect 1 shift a week. The managers are disrespectful.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
management, hours, pay
Productive workplace
Production Line/ Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee) –  AU12 September 2018
Very busy restaurant where everybody, when it was necessary, shared the tasks, including the manager and the owner. I have learnt a lot working there.. such a good experience!
It's what you'd expect
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2018
Nothing surprising, standard fast-food workplace but a bit cleaner and a bit relaxed. There isn't much else to write about it, standard hospitality job like any fast food place.
Pros
A bit relaxed
Amazing Team members
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2018
I have had amazing friends in work. They make the work look a lot easier. The work can be hard and tiring, but with the help of such amazing team members, it seems a lot easier.
Pros
Staff Discount at GYG
Cons
Intensive Physical labour
Positivo
Ayuda en cocina y servicios de camarero (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland, Australia4 September 2018
Trabajo no cualificado que me ayudo al comienzo de mi experiencia en Australia y que valoro positivamente.