Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

The job was difficult, but staff and atmosphere were friendly and made it worthwhile. The majority of management facilitated a positive relationship with their workers that was mutual and respectful. Issues arrived during new introductions in management which created tension and anxiety in the workplace, causing myself and other colleagues to resign. A major problem came from one particular manager who created an unsupportive, toxic environment that left everyone anxious and frustrated. This manager would belittle staff, create unrealistic demands, pick favourites and disrespect their team. This person lacked self-awareness and as a result a disproportionate ego.
Pros
Discount, Friendly team, Challenging
Cons
Some Management Members
If you can live off 3 hours a week then apply for a job here.If you know what you are doing and don't need any on job training then apply here.If the manager or shift leader have a problem with you and your a mind reader then apply here.If your young and want to do whatever you like than work here.If it's your first job and want to be told you have a bad attitude then apply here.If you want to work for a manager that does not communicate and the owner supports that then apply here.
Work here is alright, people you work with are generally pretty cool, job isn't too hard either though it takes a month or so to get the hang of. Managers change like a roller coasters, it gets annoying because you have to change the way you do things every month or so and make sure you get ready to get guilted into doing shifts. Be firm about when you can and can't work and you should be good. The rushes during the day can be pretty stressful, no matter the job your doing. Be prepared to jump between 2 or more jobs at once. Customers sometimes dont know the difference between a burrito and a sandwich so get ready for that. The max pay you can get before management is around $22.70. All in all its a job, you get shifts (not necessarily the ones you want), the people are cool, managers 80% of the time suck and the work is really stressful during rush periods. My recommendation is to not work here for longer than a year.
Pros
Free lunches if your a shift leader, 50% off for staff, people are nice!
Cons
Managers aren't cool, lots of guilting, staff often neglected, broken things never get fixed, stress stress stress, out of work responsibilities for a fast food job.
Working within a team who care about customer service and working well together to achieve goals. The pay is good, depending on what you are satisfied with. Management is great and has their staff and teams best interest in mind.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Team and Management
Cons
Stressful
Great work environment Great management Happy place People who cares each other Follow all procedures Clean place Take care of employees Salary not to bad
i love working at gyg it has been an incredible working experience. they train you and help you out so much, its a wonderful environment and i would easily recommend working here.
Pros
great environment
Ha sido una experiencia muy enriquecedora, he aprendido y me han valorado mucho
Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.
Pros
vacaciones pagas
Cons
descansos no pagos
Management had over-paid at periods and then randomly started deducting without notice. Very disappointing if you are not Spanish. Staff are not friendly, instead are more arrogant if you can’t complete a task.
- Helped customers complete purchases, process payments, maintained clean and tidy checkout area Counted money in drawers at beginning and end of each shift to ensure amounts were correct.
After working with the company for over 2 years and building my way up the management ladder becoming a shift leader meant so much to me but not everyone would do what they’re supposed to in the management loop and it was the biggest downfall to where I left that company and I tell everyone it’s a good job while your in school that’s it I wouldn’t recommend working for them out of school
- wouldn’t really recommend working there - managers are kinda rude and mean but can sometimes be nice - pay is really bad compared to other jobs - not very fun
Great people , amazing environment! wonderful place to work, nevertheless the food is always clean and fresh! Would recommend working here i had an amazing experience.
Excellent environment with the franchising, but lack of interest of people of Head office.
Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand
Not the greatest, not the worst in the world either, but more bad than good. Pro's: Lovely colleagues, 50% off food onshift/20% otherwise Con's: Not enough hours - you're lied to when joining. You get told you'll get more hours if you prove yourself (which is fair enough). However if you're on a part time contract you're capped to a max of 5 shifts. They seem to hire tons of new people as opposed to increasing the hours of current staff. Hours aren't fairly distributed, people will fail to fulfil their basic responsibilities and still get a high amount of hours as opposed to others. Low Wages Management - Very hot and cold, one day they're okay with you, next day (most days) speak to you like you're worthless. Seem to lack to basic understanding that a member of staff who feels happy at work, will perform better. Thrown in at the deep end - there is SO much to learn and you're not given time to find your feet/groove. You have to hit the ground more than running and even that may not be enough.
A typical day at work would be preparing for peak hours, talking to customers, being able to feel more relaxed when it's quiet but still have a rush during peak hours and everyone being able to focus.
Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay
I love working at GYG Narellan, it was my second job so I wasn't new to the workforce at all.. But, I always feel like I am always learning something new every shift. The staff are so friendly and I have always felt like they are my work family, Natalia is an amazing boss along with Andreia and the other shift leaders at Narellan. The only downside is the pay, which should be improved as it is hard to survive on such a small rate... Other than that I love working here #2yearsstrong
Management is absolutely horrific and ruined the work environment. Little to no care about employees and borderline abusive. Constant bullying and harassment from management, multiple threats of resignation, late pay almost always, unreasonable requests and hours as well as multiple last minute calls. Many employees were fired without reason or warning and under unfair circumstances. Disorganised and little training for new employees. Only redeeming qualities of the job was the culture and the friendly people there who are all in the same boat as you. Definitely one of the worst workplace experiences in my life, hope there are some changes to management as that is no way to treat employees.
Pros
Staff discounts, lax uniform
Cons
Abusive management, Unreasonable requests, low salary
i like working in gyg it was so much fun must of the time but i think working with Latin people was not very nice to me, as i wanted to improve my English , however its a good place to work with
  1. Employee Reviews