GUZMAN Y GOMEZ Employee Reviews

GYG South Yarra
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 February 2019
I worked here part time over a period of 5 months. At the beginning of my time here i found it easy work with a positive work environment. Around 4 months in the work environment became disorganised and toxic because of the unpleasant store owners and management. Having one of the store owners call me and swear at me over the phone because she found out i applied for a second job was very unpleasant for myself and unprofessional. When i expressed my disappointment to a team leader, the owner than continued on to accuse me of fabricating this whole situation. After this incident my hours got cut drastically and i decided to quit because i constantly was working in an environment i no longer felt comfortable in.
Pros
Easily accessible location
Cons
Toxic management and store owners
A comprehensive review
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 January 2019
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
hard to balance life
Sales and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 January 2019
it was niche place but sometimes too many hours some times too few and hard to deal with store manager. Manager never listened to the worker and usually they don't care about someone else needs.
Pros
free burrito
team work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals.
I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less hours
Do not work at kennington Gyg
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC19 December 2018
Hands down one of the worst places I have worked, underpaid, no super for months. Continuous drama and work place bullying (even from one of the managers). Just a miserable place to be!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Excellent opportunity as an employee to experience working in the kitchen.
kitchenhand / chef assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitfords, Wa2 December 2018
It has been an amazing experience as student and also a cook to be part of the team in the Mexican kitchen.

I have enjoyed my time and the shifts including the people who I met and colleagues who I have worked with.
Pros
The flexibility of rosters.
Cons
Low Hourly Rates
the team environment and management is inconsistent
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD 400016 November 2018
Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.
Exciting workplace to learn and adapt in a fast past rerstaurant
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD1 November 2018
working here i learnt a great deal of skills which are included on my resume. i highly recommend anyone to apply for gyg as its a great stepping stone into customer service industry.
Pretty work place but nice team
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Australia1 October 2018
Here I learned to value teamwork, A typical day at work was a busy day helping the cook, taking orders, washing dishes, scrubbing floors, washing bathrooms.
Pros
Free lunch
Disrespectful and don't know how to run a business
Hospitality Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 September 2018
Awful management, make promises at the start they don't intend on keeping. If you've above 18 years of age expect 1 shift a week. The managers are disrespectful.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
management, hours, pay
Productive workplace
Production Line/ Cashier/ Sales (Former Employee) –  AU12 September 2018
Very busy restaurant where everybody, when it was necessary, shared the tasks, including the manager and the owner. I have learnt a lot working there.. such a good experience!
It's what you'd expect
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD7 September 2018
Nothing surprising, standard fast-food workplace but a bit cleaner and a bit relaxed. There isn't much else to write about it, standard hospitality job like any fast food place.
Pros
A bit relaxed
Amazing Team members
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 September 2018
I have had amazing friends in work. They make the work look a lot easier. The work can be hard and tiring, but with the help of such amazing team members, it seems a lot easier.
Pros
Staff Discount at GYG
Cons
Intensive Physical labour
Fast paced work environment with a friendly work force
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  New South Wales27 August 2018
It has a fast paced work environment due to its location. Workers are expected to maintain a fast work habit. However, the employer is extremely understanding and flexible.
Terrible management
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  South Yarra VIC29 July 2018
If you want to be disrespected and treated really bad, go and work there. The supervisor thinks that she can do whatever she wants with the staff. The treatment overall is horrible.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rude supervision, terrible treatment
Productive and fun workplace
Qualified barista (Current Employee) –  Upper Coomera QLD18 July 2018
Guzman y Gomez is an excellent job always got something to do never standing around but the reason that i am in looking for another job due to the lack of hours because of being overly employed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun work place
Shift Leader, Sales, Line production, Inventory (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 June 2018
Excellent work environment, team support, personal and professional growth.
I learned how to approach costumers and make effective sales. Every not that I received was an opportunity to improve my sale and communication skills.
Great co-workers, not so great conditions.
Sales/Line/Bag and Tag (Current Employee) –  Perth WA27 May 2018
Never comply with the hours they put on the contract, micromanagement, low on staff, low on pay. steady but there are better jobs out there. manager is limited by owner
Great and friendly
Sales and food preparation (Former Employee) –  Newtown NSW2 May 2018
Great and friendly place to work at. Very welcoming and warm. The crew always had a smile on their faces while working and it was great to see the level of team work involved.
Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Yarra VIC11 April 2018
Good place to work at the beginning, since i arrived melbourne this company offer me the opportunity to survive. Good place to learn different skills .
good