Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

Disrespectful and don't know how to run a business

22 September 2018
Awful management, make promises at the start they don't intend on keeping. If you've above 18 years of age expect 1 shift a week. The managers are disrespectful.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
management, hours, pay
19 May 2019
Sales/Line (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.
Pros
Discounted food, culture and fun.
Cons
Poor management, no team work and personal drama.
8 April 2019
Shift Manager (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
The economic compensation is not enough. Duties are very exhausting and the support from the management team is very poor. I give it an average rating in the hospitality industry
4 February 2019
Retail Sales (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
I worked here part time over a period of 5 months. At the beginning of my time here i found it easy work with a positive work environment. Around 4 months in the work environment became disorganised and toxic because of the unpleasant store owners and management. Having one of the store owners call me and swear at me over the phone because she found out i applied for a second job was very unpleasant for myself and unprofessional. When i expressed my disappointment to a team leader, the owner than continued on to accuse me of fabricating this whole situation. After this incident my hours got cut drastically and i decided to quit because i constantly was working in an environment i no longer felt comfortable in.
Pros
Easily accessible location
Cons
Toxic management and store owners
  1. Disrespectful and don't know how to run a business