Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

Fun Environment

21 November 2019
Working at GYG was a fun high paced environment. I met a lot of really nice people and it made me look forward to going to work. For a first job I gained a lot of useful skills that I still have with me now.
25 March 2020
Sales (Former Employee) - Moorabbin Airport VIC
Not the greatest, not the worst in the world either, but more bad than good. Pro's: Lovely colleagues, 50% off food onshift/20% otherwise Con's: Not enough hours - you're lied to when joining. You get told you'll get more hours if you prove yourself (which is fair enough). However if you're on a part time contract you're capped to a max of 5 shifts. They seem to hire tons of new people as opposed to increasing the hours of current staff. Hours aren't fairly distributed, people will fail to fulfil their basic responsibilities and still get a high amount of hours as opposed to others. Low Wages Management - Very hot and cold, one day they're okay with you, next day (most days) speak to you like you're worthless. Seem to lack to basic understanding that a member of staff who feels happy at work, will perform better. Thrown in at the deep end - there is SO much to learn and you're not given time to find your feet/groove. You have to hit the ground more than running and even that may not be enough.
15 October 2019
sales and line (Former Employee) - Adelaide SA
management hold little to no respect for crew (Sales and line) workers. Always felt bullied and abused here. Wouldn't recommend to anyone especially in Adelaide. Only good thing was some of the crew members were really nice and good people
19 May 2019
Sales/Line (Former Employee) - Melbourne VIC
The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.
Pros
Discounted food, culture and fun.
Cons
Poor management, no team work and personal drama.