Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

Fun wokplace

8 November 2015
The environment is really nice. The service process has a lot of steps that we need to follow, to give a good customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
25 March 2020
Same role
Sales (Former Employee) - Moorabbin Airport VIC
Not the greatest, not the worst in the world either, but more bad than good. Pro's: Lovely colleagues, 50% off food onshift/20% otherwise Con's: Not enough hours - you're lied to when joining. You get told you'll get more hours if you prove yourself (which is fair enough). However if you're on a part time contract you're capped to a max of 5 shifts. They seem to hire tons of new people as opposed to increasing the hours of current staff. Hours aren't fairly distributed, people will fail to fulfil their basic responsibilities and still get a high amount of hours as opposed to others. Low Wages Management - Very hot and cold, one day they're okay with you, next day (most days) speak to you like you're worthless. Seem to lack to basic understanding that a member of staff who feels happy at work, will perform better. Thrown in at the deep end - there is SO much to learn and you're not given time to find your feet/groove. You have to hit the ground more than running and even that may not be enough.
21 November 2019
Same role
Sales (Former Employee) - St Ives NSW
Working at GYG was a fun high paced environment. I met a lot of really nice people and it made me look forward to going to work. For a first job I gained a lot of useful skills that I still have with me now.
27 March 2020
Same location
Chef (Former Employee) - Brisbane QLD
Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand