Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

good appendage in different areas.

21 February 2017
In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us. The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.
12 October 2020
Same role
Shift Leader (Current Employee) - Seven Hills NSW
Work here is alright, people you work with are generally pretty cool, job isn't too hard either though it takes a month or so to get the hang of. Managers change like a roller coasters, it gets annoying because you have to change the way you do things every month or so and make sure you get ready to get guilted into doing shifts. Be firm about when you can and can't work and you should be good. The rushes during the day can be pretty stressful, no matter the job your doing. Be prepared to jump between 2 or more jobs at once. Customers sometimes dont know the difference between a burrito and a sandwich so get ready for that. The max pay you can get before management is around $22.70. All in all its a job, you get shifts (not necessarily the ones you want), the people are cool, managers 80% of the time suck and the work is really stressful during rush periods. My recommendation is to not work here for longer than a year.
Pros
Free lunches if your a shift leader, 50% off for staff, people are nice!
Cons
Managers aren't cool, lots of guilting, staff often neglected, broken things never get fixed, stress stress stress, out of work responsibilities for a fast food job.
13 November 2019
Same role
Shift Leader (Current Employee) - Springfield QLD
Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.
27 March 2020
Same location
Chef (Former Employee) - Brisbane QLD
Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand
  1. good appendage in different areas.