Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

Overall Average, Casual Job with some issues

11 February 2021
The job was difficult, but staff and atmosphere were friendly and made it worthwhile. The majority of management facilitated a positive relationship with their workers that was mutual and respectful. Issues arrived during new introductions in management which created tension and anxiety in the workplace, causing myself and other colleagues to resign. A major problem came from one particular manager who created an unsupportive, toxic environment that left everyone anxious and frustrated. This manager would belittle staff, create unrealistic demands, pick favourites and disrespect their team. This person lacked self-awareness and as a result a disproportionate ego.
Pros
Discount, Friendly team, Challenging
Cons
Some Management Members
30 January 2020
Same role
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) - Sunshine Coast QLD
I found my experience at GYG fun and action packed. It was a great way for me to break into the hospitality industry and I had a great time working there.
20 January 2020
Same role
Team Member (Former Employee) - Leederville WA
Working at GYG was a good experience as their team members were positive and supportive, and would always encourage you to do your best. The food at GYG is very food.
1 April 2021
Crew Member (Former Employee) - Penrith NSW
while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems
Pros
working with amazing staff members
Cons
no guarantee on weekly hours being the same
  1. Overall Average, Casual Job with some issues