Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Guzman Y Gomez Employee Review

work environment and coworkers

14 February 2017
*when Im about to star my shift I like to check how much food I got left and get ready to start cooking. *I've learned everything that involve to be a cook and food safety. *about the management is pretty good well is a Successful restaurant but the way that they treat the employees is not the best. *the hardest part would be when is a busy day at work and no one is able to help you. *the must enjoyable part is that it doesn't matter how long or difficult is our day at work I like always to smile and make feel everyone happy.
Pros
fresh food and good quality
Cons
changing always something about administration
8 June 2020
Same role
Chef Lv1 (Former Employee) - World Square Sydney
Management had over-paid at periods and then randomly started deducting without notice. Very disappointing if you are not Spanish. Staff are not friendly, instead are more arrogant if you can’t complete a task.
27 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Chef (Former Employee) - Brisbane QLD
Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand
7 January 2019
Same location
Shift Leader (Current Employee) - Brisbane QLD
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
  1. work environment and coworkers