Guzman Y Gomez logo
Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

productive and fun work place with amazing and welcoming staff

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems

Pros

working with amazing staff members

Cons

no guarantee on weekly hours being the same

Average

Management and roster planning was often a downfall at this job. A typical day would often involve issues that were the direct result of poor planning, such as inadequate produce ordering or rostering issues.

Do not work at gyg

Management takes advantage of all their employees! Don't even bother working if you're part-time, the pay is ridiculously low! Restaurant managers are so rude and condescending. They can make so many mistakes, have multiple people complain about them but are weirdly protected by people higher up. Yet if a team member messes up once, they get a written warning and soon after, fired. I honestly hate coming into work

Pros

Cons

Management, low pay, shifts being changed hours before start

Stressful and no respect for crew workers!

management hold little to no respect for crew (Sales and line) workers. Always felt bullied and abused here. Wouldn't recommend to anyone especially in Adelaide. Only good thing was some of the crew members were really nice and good people

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

Aprender de la administraciĂłn, manejo de personal, manejo del cliente

Enjoyable environment, with amazing people to work

It was a great environment to work with great team and amazing culture the people who work there is friendly and eager to help and you will find always someone who got your back

fun workplace environment

Working at GyG was an enjoyable experience, allowing me to have an even work/ life balance, however a bit more staff training could have been provided by the managers and team leaders rather than most training via an online programme. There were many young people like myself who were still at school and learning how to work and not much guidance to how the business wanted us to work was given nor known. All in general, I have learnt many new skills and have grown individually within the working experience.

Energetic, rapid and positive environment.

A typical day involves serving customers and preparing food, co-workers are very friendly as are managing staff. Working you learn how to operate in a rapid environment, customer service, and point of sales computers.

Pros

Discounted staff meals, paid leave, bonus rates on weekends and after 10pm.

Challenging workplace with peaks being very vigorous, but working as a team was key

Working at GYG was a challenge, you always had to be arriving at work on time otherwise your restaurant would fall back heaps, But a good environment.

Pros

50% Discount

Cons

Standing in the same place for long periods of time not walking around that much.

Fun but not serious

The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.

Pros

Discounted food, culture and fun.

Cons

Poor management, no team work and personal drama.

Jobs at Guzman Y Gomez

See more jobs

Okay workplace.

working there was okay , nothing really amazing. 5.5/10 workplace altogether. very very long breaks i would have a 6 hour shift with a 2 hour break in the middle which was very tiresome and a waste of my time. Pay rates were a little below average, getting paid fortnightly made it worse lol.

Pros

free food

Cons

overly long break times

best working environment

GYG provides a better environment for the workers. well behavior is a must thing there. proud to be a member of GYG. wish the best of luck for GYG and its employees.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Fun workplace with lots of teamwork

Great place to work as a part time job, perfect for students. Energetic team environment. Recommended for people who like to work in a face paced environment.

Pros

Staff parties and meals, fun work environment

Cons

Short hours

Average

The economic compensation is not enough. Duties are very exhausting and the support from the management team is very poor. I give it an average rating in the hospitality industry

GYG South Yarra

I worked here part time over a period of 5 months. At the beginning of my time here i found it easy work with a positive work environment. Around 4 months in the work environment became disorganised and toxic because of the unpleasant store owners and management. Having one of the store owners call me and swear at me over the phone because she found out i applied for a second job was very unpleasant for myself and unprofessional. When i expressed my disappointment to a team leader, the owner than continued on to accuse me of fabricating this whole situation. After this incident my hours got cut drastically and i decided to quit because i constantly was working in an environment i no longer felt comfortable in.

Pros

Easily accessible location

Cons

Toxic management and store owners

interesting

it was a new experience, the work atmosphere wasn't great. the supervisors were rude. I was trained poorly and made to feel inferior. the communication wasn't so good

A comprehensive review

The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.

Pros

Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment

Cons

Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)

hard to balance life

it was niche place but sometimes too many hours some times too few and hard to deal with store manager. Manager never listened to the worker and usually they don't care about someone else needs.

Pros

free burrito

team work

The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals. I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers

Pros

free lunch

Cons

less hours

Do not work at kennington Gyg

Hands down one of the worst places I have worked, underpaid, no super for months. Continuous drama and work place bullying (even from one of the managers). Just a miserable place to be!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Excellent opportunity as an employee to experience working in the kitchen.

It has been an amazing experience as student and also a cook to be part of the team in the Mexican kitchen. I have enjoyed my time and the shifts including the people who I met and colleagues who I have worked with.

Pros

The flexibility of rosters.

Cons

Low Hourly Rates
  • Guzman Y Gomez