Guzman Y Gomez logo
Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

productive and fun work place with amazing and welcoming staff

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems

Pros

working with amazing staff members

Cons

no guarantee on weekly hours being the same

the team environment and management is inconsistent

Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.

Exciting workplace to learn and adapt in a fast past rerstaurant

working here i learnt a great deal of skills which are included on my resume. i highly recommend anyone to apply for gyg as its a great stepping stone into customer service industry.

Pretty work place but nice team

Here I learned to value teamwork, A typical day at work was a busy day helping the cook, taking orders, washing dishes, scrubbing floors, washing bathrooms.

Pros

Free lunch

Disrespectful and don't know how to run a business

Awful management, make promises at the start they don't intend on keeping. If you've above 18 years of age expect 1 shift a week. The managers are disrespectful.

Pros

the people you work with

Cons

management, hours, pay

Productive workplace

Very busy restaurant where everybody, when it was necessary, shared the tasks, including the manager and the owner. I have learnt a lot working there.. such a good experience!

It's what you'd expect

Nothing surprising, standard fast-food workplace but a bit cleaner and a bit relaxed. There isn't much else to write about it, standard hospitality job like any fast food place.

Pros

A bit relaxed

Amazing Team members

I have had amazing friends in work. They make the work look a lot easier. The work can be hard and tiring, but with the help of such amazing team members, it seems a lot easier.

Pros

Staff Discount at GYG

Cons

Intensive Physical labour

Positivo

Trabajo no cualificado que me ayudo al comienzo de mi experiencia en Australia y que valoro positivamente.

Fast paced work environment with a friendly work force

It has a fast paced work environment due to its location. Workers are expected to maintain a fast work habit. However, the employer is extremely understanding and flexible.

Jobs at Guzman Y Gomez

See more jobs

Terrible management

If you want to be disrespected and treated really bad, go and work there. The supervisor thinks that she can do whatever she wants with the staff. The treatment overall is horrible.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Rude supervision, terrible treatment

Productive and fun workplace

Guzman y Gomez is an excellent job always got something to do never standing around but the reason that i am in looking for another job due to the lack of hours because of being overly employed.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Not enough hours

GYG is an Employer of choice

In my 6 years with GYG I have seen this company grow from 15 units to over 120. Their commitment to cultural & operational excellence has enabled the company to attain the sales and attract the talent to propel them upward. This is a company that is committed to "doing things right" in all aspects of its business. They are not frugal, but at the same time manage their resources with accountability as to facilitate the best outcomes for all parties, not just the company. For this, they have my utmost respect. Its a great organization to be a part of, and anyone given the opportunity should consider themselves lucky to be chosen to work with them. They walk the talk.

Pros

Honest, clear expectations, free lunches, company events

Fun Place, Values of the company

What I like the most about GYG are the values and structure of the company. As a crew member, we have an internal communication and training platform. Lots of activities to participate in.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Shifts finish late.

Productive and fun work place

Excellent work environment, team support, personal and professional growth. I learned how to approach costumers and make effective sales. Every not that I received was an opportunity to improve my sale and communication skills.

Great co-workers, not so great conditions.

Never comply with the hours they put on the contract, micromanagement, low on staff, low on pay. steady but there are better jobs out there. manager is limited by owner

Great and friendly

Great and friendly place to work at. Very welcoming and warm. The crew always had a smile on their faces while working and it was great to see the level of team work involved.

Work

Good place to work at the beginning, since i arrived melbourne this company offer me the opportunity to survive. Good place to learn different skills .

good

good

High energy and fast paced environment that awarded cheerful and positive attitudes.

I learned how to make authentic Mexican cuisine. Management was often highly stressed and if effected the work life negatively. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand during the first months of being open. The most enjoying part of the job was the relationship that was built with the other employees.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Difficult management

Previous expansion was a fun and productive working place

The company is only focus on expansion and doesn't look after it employees in medium and lower position. Only management get bonuses not attached to results. Poor management and poor working conditions

Pros

Good fun working along in a multicultural environment

Cons

Poor management, Discrimination

Great enviroment to work

the manager was a true leader always willing to help us to improve and learn every day. all the team felt really motivated to achieve the sales goals and to help each other during peak hours. we were provided with regular trainings.