Guzman Y Gomez logo
Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

productive and fun work place with amazing and welcoming staff

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems

Pros

working with amazing staff members

Cons

no guarantee on weekly hours being the same

working under pressure

Preparation of menu items according to the procedures and processes outlined by GYG. Preparation of the orders on the line in a fast way due volume of costumers. sales operator and Cash machine register advising customer on their doubts.

productive and funny place to work with

with a very friendly crew and a very interesting place to work.very helpful and interesting place.making food for the customer and serving them with a very good way to make sure the customer comes back again.

productive and enjoyable working environment all up

A very busy working environment with great culture and fun loving team. challenging end goals and keeping up the standard is simultaneously maintained.

it would be a great and welcoming experience

I like work places that are clean welcoming and friendly. Its important when a work place is welcoming because it really shows that they want you there and it makes you feel good inside. For the customers the its really important if you have a clean environment and I think Guzman Y Gomez has got that all covered

Pros

it would be great if i could work at Guzman Y Gomez because it is a clean and friendly environment

Cons

i am a school student and long ours arnt really for me some nights

Don't like this particular store, the managers are not very honest. One of the worst places I had worked so far. The staff try to give the best and the manager doesn't respond with the same coin. Disappointed.

Bad. Just bad.

Always fearing you'll be fired or have your hours cut. 7 times out of 10 the people are awesome to work with, but those other 3 times your really judge the managers and company on how they could make such mistakes and missteps. Food safety is a concern on paper but isn't practiced, and staff turnover is so high there is no consistency in the food or management of the business in general. Great place to start, and learn what not to do, don't stay longer then a year.

Pros

Workmates

Cons

Workmates

Friendly and fun place to work

It is always good to go to work because you know your gonna have a good time there. Excellent product and service quality, we are always concerned to deliver the very best

It´s a good place to work

It´s a good place to work. They care about the staff, they do permanent training. The workplace culture it´s nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was to share with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was closing the store, cleaning and go to late to home

not the best

Worked in a franchise of GYG. The people you meet are welcoming but the workload can be daunting compared to the low hourly pay. There is a moment where after a certain time even if it was busy, you will not be payed if you go over. Higher individuals need to learn to put themselves in the employees environment and respect how much they worked compared to similiar waged jobs.

Pros

positive employees.

Cons

little pay, long hours, a lot of work for the hourly rate, not paid if you worked over your hours under any circumstance.

Jobs at Guzman Y Gomez

See more jobs

Happy environment, boss too intense

I worked here for only a short period of time after required dates off being constantly overlooked. Was a fun place to work as everyone was always happy and such an upbeat environment.

Productive and good workplace

Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills. A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,

Pros

staff meals, good salary

It was tough

I didn't work there long due to how difficult it was for me to get there all the time. The pay for me was very low and it just wasn't worth it for me to work there. Other than my experience there, it is a fun and cool place to work at.

Productive and fun work place

Guzman y Gomez was a very nice job, good team and comfortable work hours. I was learned about how we need to do a lot of things and the same time make the feel welcome to the customers.

Pros

Good team

Cons

low salary

Kitchen

You have a short shift and a lot of tasks. Sometimes you have to work more hours after your shift to finish the job. The environment is good. People are friendly and helpful.

Pros

No experience required

Productive and Fun.

I love working with nice and friendly people where the most important is the good results of the business, get involved in the hospitality industry has been a new experience for me which I am really enjoying.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long Hours

Great work environment

The workplace culture inspires everyone to give the best while they are working. There is training available for the current staff in order to develop them and make them better each day.

La gente latina en el exterior hace que definitivamente el ambiente y la experiencia sean los mejores.

Ambiente agradable, buenos entrenamientos para un desempeño laboral óptimo.

good appendage in different areas.

In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us. The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.

work environment and coworkers

*when Im about to star my shift I like to check how much food I got left and get ready to start cooking. *I've learned everything that involve to be a cook and food safety. *about the management is pretty good well is a Successful restaurant but the way that they treat the employees is not the best. *the hardest part would be when is a busy day at work and no one is able to help you. *the must enjoyable part is that it doesn't matter how long or difficult is our day at work I like always to smile and make feel everyone happy.

Pros

fresh food and good quality

Cons

changing always something about administration

Nice place to work

happy times there. It is good environment people are happy and helpful I learn how to work in a stressful place I learn how to deal with different kind of people