Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Shift Leader10 reviews
Australia10 reviews
A comprehensive review
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
Fun workplace
Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Aprender de la administración, manejo de personal, manejo del cliente
team work
The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals.
I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less hours
the team environment and management is inconsistent
Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.
Productive and fun work place
Excellent work environment, team support, personal and professional growth.
I learned how to approach costumers and make effective sales. Every not that I received was an opportunity to improve my sale and communication skills.
great work
⦁ Leading a team of 10 people during the shift, making roster, ordering and stock stake weekly.
⦁ Dealing with costumers requests / complaints

⦁ Cash handling / banking deposits daily. Working to achieve COGS and COL for the week.

⦁ basic tasks: waitress, cashier, cook, kitchen hand, dishwasher.
Pros
food discount
Bad. Just bad.
Always fearing you'll be fired or have your hours cut. 7 times out of 10 the people are awesome to work with, but those other 3 times your really judge the managers and company on how they could make such mistakes and missteps. Food safety is a concern on paper but isn't practiced, and staff turnover is so high there is no consistency in the food or management of the business in general. Great place to start, and learn what not to do, don't stay longer then a year.
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Workmates
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guzman Y Gomez?
Productive and good workplace
Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills.
A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,
Pros
staff meals, good salary
good appendage in different areas.
In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us.
The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.