Guzman Y Gomez logo
Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Work–Life Balance

Work here for a year max.

Work here is alright, people you work with are generally pretty cool, job isn't too hard either though it takes a month or so to get the hang of. Managers change like a roller coasters, it gets annoying because you have to change the way you do things every month or so and make sure you get ready to get guilted into doing shifts. Be firm about when you can and can't work and you should be good. The rushes during the day can be pretty stressful, no matter the job your doing. Be prepared to jump between 2 or more jobs at once. Customers sometimes dont know the difference between a burrito and a sandwich so get ready for that. The max pay you can get before management is around $22.70. All in all its a job, you get shifts (not necessarily the ones you want), the people are cool, managers 80% of the time suck and the work is really stressful during rush periods. My recommendation is to not work here for longer than a year.

Pros

Free lunches if your a shift leader, 50% off for staff, people are nice!

Cons

Managers aren't cool, lots of guilting, staff often neglected, broken things never get fixed, stress stress stress, out of work responsibilities for a fast food job.

Fun workplace

Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.

Ambiente de trabajo divertido

Aprender de la administración, manejo de personal, manejo del cliente

A comprehensive review

The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.

Pros

Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment

Cons

Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)

team work

The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals. I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers

Pros

free lunch

Cons

less hours

the team environment and management is inconsistent

Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.

Productive and fun work place

Excellent work environment, team support, personal and professional growth. I learned how to approach costumers and make effective sales. Every not that I received was an opportunity to improve my sale and communication skills.

Bad. Just bad.

Always fearing you'll be fired or have your hours cut. 7 times out of 10 the people are awesome to work with, but those other 3 times your really judge the managers and company on how they could make such mistakes and missteps. Food safety is a concern on paper but isn't practiced, and staff turnover is so high there is no consistency in the food or management of the business in general. Great place to start, and learn what not to do, don't stay longer then a year.

Pros

Workmates

Cons

Workmates

Productive and good workplace

Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills. A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,

Pros

staff meals, good salary

good appendage in different areas.

In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us. The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.

Jobs at Guzman Y Gomez