Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews for Shift Leader in Brisbane QLD

The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills. A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,
Pros
staff meals, good salary
In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us. The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.