Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Culture reviews

Excelent expirience excellent work good communication in the whole group good challenges and improve job performance every day, I wish and I will achieve to be a manager of a GYG restaurant to achieve to be the best restaurant and represent the GYG brand
Working within a team who care about customer service and working well together to achieve goals. The pay is good, depending on what you are satisfied with. Management is great and has their staff and teams best interest in mind.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Team and Management
Cons
Stressful
i love working at gyg it has been an incredible working experience. they train you and help you out so much, its a wonderful environment and i would easily recommend working here.
Pros
great environment
Ha sido una experiencia muy enriquecedora, he aprendido y me han valorado mucho
Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.
Pros
vacaciones pagas
Cons
descansos no pagos
Great people , amazing environment! wonderful place to work, nevertheless the food is always clean and fresh! Would recommend working here i had an amazing experience.
Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay
Management is absolutely horrific and ruined the work environment. Little to no care about employees and borderline abusive. Constant bullying and harassment from management, multiple threats of resignation, late pay almost always, unreasonable requests and hours as well as multiple last minute calls. Many employees were fired without reason or warning and under unfair circumstances. Disorganised and little training for new employees. Only redeeming qualities of the job was the culture and the friendly people there who are all in the same boat as you. Definitely one of the worst workplace experiences in my life, hope there are some changes to management as that is no way to treat employees.
Pros
Staff discounts, lax uniform
Cons
Abusive management, Unreasonable requests, low salary
i like working in gyg it was so much fun must of the time but i think working with Latin people was not very nice to me, as i wanted to improve my English , however its a good place to work with
6 years and happy to be part of the GyG family. We do everything for our customers and GyG is a really good place to train yourself in a fast hospitality environment
Working at GYG was a good experience as their team members were positive and supportive, and would always encourage you to do your best. The food at GYG is very food.
Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.
Aprender de la administraciĂłn, manejo de personal, manejo del cliente
It was a great environment to work with great team and amazing culture the people who work there is friendly and eager to help and you will find always someone who got your back
Working at GyG was an enjoyable experience, allowing me to have an even work/ life balance, however a bit more staff training could have been provided by the managers and team leaders rather than most training via an online programme. There were many young people like myself who were still at school and learning how to work and not much guidance to how the business wanted us to work was given nor known. All in general, I have learnt many new skills and have grown individually within the working experience.
The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.
Pros
Discounted food, culture and fun.
Cons
Poor management, no team work and personal drama.
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals. I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less hours
Trabajo no cualificado que me ayudo al comienzo de mi experiencia en Australia y que valoro positivamente.
Great and friendly place to work at. Very welcoming and warm. The crew always had a smile on their faces while working and it was great to see the level of team work involved.
the manager was a true leader always willing to help us to improve and learn every day. all the team felt really motivated to achieve the sales goals and to help each other during peak hours. we were provided with regular trainings.