Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Pay & Benefits reviews

Working at GYG was a good experience as their team members were positive and supportive, and would always encourage you to do your best. The food at GYG is very food.
Great work environment Great management Happy place People who cares each other Follow all procedures Clean place Take care of employees Salary not to bad
Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.
Pros
vacaciones pagas
Cons
descansos no pagos
Management is absolutely horrific and ruined the work environment. Little to no care about employees and borderline abusive. Constant bullying and harassment from management, multiple threats of resignation, late pay almost always, unreasonable requests and hours as well as multiple last minute calls. Many employees were fired without reason or warning and under unfair circumstances. Disorganised and little training for new employees. Only redeeming qualities of the job was the culture and the friendly people there who are all in the same boat as you. Definitely one of the worst workplace experiences in my life, hope there are some changes to management as that is no way to treat employees.
Pros
Staff discounts, lax uniform
Cons
Abusive management, Unreasonable requests, low salary
it was a team work and people were friendly and the costumers were nice people. i was in charge of the cooking sometimes and serving also attending costumers.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
low salary
i loved the environment when working at gyg, all workmates are inviting and very kind, although the pay is very bad, i understand that i am young but that pay rate ooffff
Working at GYG was a challenge, you always had to be arriving at work on time otherwise your restaurant would fall back heaps, But a good environment.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Standing in the same place for long periods of time not walking around that much.
working there was okay , nothing really amazing. 5.5/10 workplace altogether. very very long breaks i would have a 6 hour shift with a 2 hour break in the middle which was very tiresome and a waste of my time. Pay rates were a little below average, getting paid fortnightly made it worse lol.
Pros
free food
Cons
overly long break times
The economic compensation is not enough. Duties are very exhausting and the support from the management team is very poor. I give it an average rating in the hospitality industry
Guzman y Gomez is an excellent job always got something to do never standing around but the reason that i am in looking for another job due to the lack of hours because of being overly employed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not enough hours
Never comply with the hours they put on the contract, micromanagement, low on staff, low on pay. steady but there are better jobs out there. manager is limited by owner
Worked in a franchise of GYG. The people you meet are welcoming but the workload can be daunting compared to the low hourly pay. There is a moment where after a certain time even if it was busy, you will not be payed if you go over. Higher individuals need to learn to put themselves in the employees environment and respect how much they worked compared to similiar waged jobs.
Pros
positive employees.
Cons
little pay, long hours, a lot of work for the hourly rate, not paid if you worked over your hours under any circumstance.
Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills. A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,
Pros
staff meals, good salary
I didn't work there long due to how difficult it was for me to get there all the time. The pay for me was very low and it just wasn't worth it for me to work there. Other than my experience there, it is a fun and cool place to work at.
Guzman y Gomez was a very nice job, good team and comfortable work hours. I was learned about how we need to do a lot of things and the same time make the feel welcome to the customers.
Pros
Good team
Cons
low salary
You have a short shift and a lot of tasks. Sometimes you have to work more hours after your shift to finish the job. The environment is good. People are friendly and helpful.
Pros
No experience required
Cons
I love working with nice and friendly people where the most important is the good results of the business, get involved in the hospitality industry has been a new experience for me which I am really enjoying.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
Fues excelente me sentia agradable, y amaba lo que hacia en Guzman Y Gomez
Pros
Buen Pago
Cons
no pagaban el seguro medico
It is a good place to work for a determinate time, there are no many opportunities to make a career . Nice and friendly environment, they provide all training,opportunities to travel around Australia and overseas.
Pros
Staff Meal, pay breaks
Cons
Long shifts no enough crew per shift
The environment is really nice. The service process has a lot of steps that we need to follow, to give a good customer service.
Pros
Free lunches
next to no job security involved. positive working conditions but mangers sometime failed to follow through with basic tasks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, little pay