Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Work–Life Balance reviews

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems
Pros
working with amazing staff members
Cons
no guarantee on weekly hours being the same
GYG is a great place to work at. The pay rates are amazing, you get to talk to customers and communicate within a team. Team leaders are way too demanding! I.e. 'Can you start the burrito bowl for drive thru?' followed by'Why are you doing drive thru!? Complete them in order!' Their expectations are so high, pushing exhausted workers just so they can have the number '1' next to their store name for five minutes. The atmosphere can be toxic at times, some people end up having to pick up the peak time slack while three or five workers are gathered together running amuck.The training is decent. Briefly outlines all the necessary processes of the restaurant, though don't be surprised if a manager is disappointed that you can't find the 'Extra meat button on the last page of the 8th tab. People will always be there to help you, but if you're really underperforming you won't get an opportunity to improve as you make mistakes. Instead you'll have fun cleaning out bins, or using a slicing machine when nobody trained you for it.
Pros
Good pay, work life balance
Cons
Short hours, hot/humid environment, demanding management
Work here is alright, people you work with are generally pretty cool, job isn't too hard either though it takes a month or so to get the hang of. Managers change like a roller coasters, it gets annoying because you have to change the way you do things every month or so and make sure you get ready to get guilted into doing shifts. Be firm about when you can and can't work and you should be good. The rushes during the day can be pretty stressful, no matter the job your doing. Be prepared to jump between 2 or more jobs at once. Customers sometimes dont know the difference between a burrito and a sandwich so get ready for that. The max pay you can get before management is around $22.70. All in all its a job, you get shifts (not necessarily the ones you want), the people are cool, managers 80% of the time suck and the work is really stressful during rush periods. My recommendation is to not work here for longer than a year.
Pros
Free lunches if your a shift leader, 50% off for staff, people are nice!
Cons
Managers aren't cool, lots of guilting, staff often neglected, broken things never get fixed, stress stress stress, out of work responsibilities for a fast food job.
Es una excelente empresa, aprendi mucho de sus recetas, forma de trabajo y cultura. el trabajo en equipo fue mi mejor experiencia.
Pros
vacaciones pagas
Cons
descansos no pagos
After working with the company for over 2 years and building my way up the management ladder becoming a shift leader meant so much to me but not everyone would do what they’re supposed to in the management loop and it was the biggest downfall to where I left that company and I tell everyone it’s a good job while your in school that’s it I wouldn’t recommend working for them out of school
A typical day at work would be preparing for peak hours, talking to customers, being able to feel more relaxed when it's quiet but still have a rush during peak hours and everyone being able to focus.
Great place to work in the people were very kind and knew how to teach new people their ways of learning and cooking in the work environment they made sure everyone was okay
I love working at GYG Narellan, it was my second job so I wasn't new to the workforce at all.. But, I always feel like I am always learning something new every shift. The staff are so friendly and I have always felt like they are my work family, Natalia is an amazing boss along with Andreia and the other shift leaders at Narellan. The only downside is the pay, which should be improved as it is hard to survive on such a small rate... Other than that I love working here #2yearsstrong
All crew are amazing to work with and all so helpful, can be very stressful if not prepared for the day its very hard not having enough crew on when it is needed and not having appropriate opening hours for stuff to open the store correctly and closing hours not having enough time too clean the store at the end of the day
Working always at night, In charge of closing shifts of the restaurant, three days per week only. My stuff are always juniors under 18, fun environment and excelent relationship with the whole crew.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guzman Y Gomez?
Working at GYG was a challenge, you always had to be arriving at work on time otherwise your restaurant would fall back heaps, But a good environment.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Standing in the same place for long periods of time not walking around that much.
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
I have had amazing friends in work. They make the work look a lot easier. The work can be hard and tiring, but with the help of such amazing team members, it seems a lot easier.
Pros
Staff Discount at GYG
Cons
Intensive Physical labour
What I like the most about GYG are the values and structure of the company. As a crew member, we have an internal communication and training platform. Lots of activities to participate in.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shifts finish late.
I learned how to make authentic Mexican cuisine. Management was often highly stressed and if effected the work life negatively. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand during the first months of being open. The most enjoying part of the job was the relationship that was built with the other employees.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Difficult management
Worked in a franchise of GYG. The people you meet are welcoming but the workload can be daunting compared to the low hourly pay. There is a moment where after a certain time even if it was busy, you will not be payed if you go over. Higher individuals need to learn to put themselves in the employees environment and respect how much they worked compared to similiar waged jobs.
Pros
positive employees.
Cons
little pay, long hours, a lot of work for the hourly rate, not paid if you worked over your hours under any circumstance.
You have a short shift and a lot of tasks. Sometimes you have to work more hours after your shift to finish the job. The environment is good. People are friendly and helpful.
Pros
No experience required
Cons
I love working with nice and friendly people where the most important is the good results of the business, get involved in the hospitality industry has been a new experience for me which I am really enjoying.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
The workplace culture inspires everyone to give the best while they are working. There is training available for the current staff in order to develop them and make them better each day.
happy times there. It is good environment people are happy and helpful I learn how to work in a stressful place I learn how to deal with different kind of people
It is a good place to work for a determinate time, there are no many opportunities to make a career . Nice and friendly environment, they provide all training,opportunities to travel around Australia and overseas.
Pros
Staff Meal, pay breaks
Cons
Long shifts no enough crew per shift