Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems
Pros
working with amazing staff members
Cons
no guarantee on weekly hours being the same
Working at GyG was an enjoyable experience, allowing me to have an even work/ life balance, however a bit more staff training could have been provided by the managers and team leaders rather than most training via an online programme. There were many young people like myself who were still at school and learning how to work and not much guidance to how the business wanted us to work was given nor known. All in general, I have learnt many new skills and have grown individually within the working experience.
A typical day involves serving customers and preparing food, co-workers are very friendly as are managing staff. Working you learn how to operate in a rapid environment, customer service, and point of sales computers.
Pros
Discounted staff meals, paid leave, bonus rates on weekends and after 10pm.
Working at GYG was a challenge, you always had to be arriving at work on time otherwise your restaurant would fall back heaps, But a good environment.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Standing in the same place for long periods of time not walking around that much.
The culture at GYG was great, though a lot of drama. Management wasn’t great and it felt as though there wasn’t any leadership, there where multiple times were I had to take the responsibility a manger would take, as some situations where not dealt with properly. Other staff can also be extremely rude and expect you to do there job for them. You ended up not knowing what position you work in as you are thrown in to work double the amount you should, and do things that you aren’t trained in. If you can’t keep up and take more initiative then the job will be too hard and stressful. I ended up leaving as I felt the pay was not enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through.
Pros
Discounted food, culture and fun.
Cons
Poor management, no team work and personal drama.
working there was okay , nothing really amazing. 5.5/10 workplace altogether. very very long breaks i would have a 6 hour shift with a 2 hour break in the middle which was very tiresome and a waste of my time. Pay rates were a little below average, getting paid fortnightly made it worse lol.
Pros
free food
Cons
overly long break times
GYG provides a better environment for the workers. well behavior is a must thing there. proud to be a member of GYG. wish the best of luck for GYG and its employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work as a part time job, perfect for students. Energetic team environment. Recommended for people who like to work in a face paced environment.
Pros
Staff parties and meals, fun work environment
Cons
Short hours
The economic compensation is not enough. Duties are very exhausting and the support from the management team is very poor. I give it an average rating in the hospitality industry
I worked here part time over a period of 5 months. At the beginning of my time here i found it easy work with a positive work environment. Around 4 months in the work environment became disorganised and toxic because of the unpleasant store owners and management. Having one of the store owners call me and swear at me over the phone because she found out i applied for a second job was very unpleasant for myself and unprofessional. When i expressed my disappointment to a team leader, the owner than continued on to accuse me of fabricating this whole situation. After this incident my hours got cut drastically and i decided to quit because i constantly was working in an environment i no longer felt comfortable in.
Pros
Easily accessible location
Cons
Toxic management and store owners
it was a new experience, the work atmosphere wasn't great. the supervisors were rude. I was trained poorly and made to feel inferior. the communication wasn't so good
The company in general is a great company with focuses on culture, employee wellbeing and advancement. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth. Working for company owned stores is better. GYG has a core set of values company sticks by and one is got your back and if you work hard and make results the company has absolutely got your back.
Pros
Employee discount, growth opportunities, experience Latin culture, work in a friendly enviornment
Cons
Christmas period availability, employee expectations (dependent on store)
it was niche place but sometimes too many hours some times too few and hard to deal with store manager. Manager never listened to the worker and usually they don't care about someone else needs.
Pros
free burrito
The staff has taught me to value the customers' needs and help the customers achieve their goals. I've also learned better communication skills with both the team ad the customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less hours
Hands down one of the worst places I have worked, underpaid, no super for months. Continuous drama and work place bullying (even from one of the managers). Just a miserable place to be!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
It has been an amazing experience as student and also a cook to be part of the team in the Mexican kitchen. I have enjoyed my time and the shifts including the people who I met and colleagues who I have worked with.
Pros
The flexibility of rosters.
Cons
Low Hourly Rates
Its hard to work in an organisation who's team members are not cooperative. The management suggests values that are necessary in the workplace however, many do not act in accordance with the rules. It is a bit toxic working there because they do not help you grow and i feel pressured all the time.
working here i learnt a great deal of skills which are included on my resume. i highly recommend anyone to apply for gyg as its a great stepping stone into customer service industry.
Here I learned to value teamwork, A typical day at work was a busy day helping the cook, taking orders, washing dishes, scrubbing floors, washing bathrooms.
Pros
Free lunch
Awful management, make promises at the start they don't intend on keeping. If you've above 18 years of age expect 1 shift a week. The managers are disrespectful.
Pros
the people you work with
Cons
management, hours, pay
Very busy restaurant where everybody, when it was necessary, shared the tasks, including the manager and the owner. I have learnt a lot working there.. such a good experience!
  1. Employee Reviews