Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems
Pros
working with amazing staff members
Cons
no guarantee on weekly hours being the same
Nothing surprising, standard fast-food workplace but a bit cleaner and a bit relaxed. There isn't much else to write about it, standard hospitality job like any fast food place.
Pros
A bit relaxed
I have had amazing friends in work. They make the work look a lot easier. The work can be hard and tiring, but with the help of such amazing team members, it seems a lot easier.
Pros
Staff Discount at GYG
Cons
Intensive Physical labour
Trabajo no cualificado que me ayudo al comienzo de mi experiencia en Australia y que valoro positivamente.
It has a fast paced work environment due to its location. Workers are expected to maintain a fast work habit. However, the employer is extremely understanding and flexible.
If you want to be disrespected and treated really bad, go and work there. The supervisor thinks that she can do whatever she wants with the staff. The treatment overall is horrible.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Rude supervision, terrible treatment
Guzman y Gomez is an excellent job always got something to do never standing around but the reason that i am in looking for another job due to the lack of hours because of being overly employed.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Not enough hours
What I like the most about GYG are the values and structure of the company. As a crew member, we have an internal communication and training platform. Lots of activities to participate in.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shifts finish late.
Excellent work environment, team support, personal and professional growth. I learned how to approach costumers and make effective sales. Every not that I received was an opportunity to improve my sale and communication skills.
Never comply with the hours they put on the contract, micromanagement, low on staff, low on pay. steady but there are better jobs out there. manager is limited by owner
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Guzman Y Gomez?
Great and friendly place to work at. Very welcoming and warm. The crew always had a smile on their faces while working and it was great to see the level of team work involved.
Good place to work at the beginning, since i arrived melbourne this company offer me the opportunity to survive. Good place to learn different skills .
good
good
I learned how to make authentic Mexican cuisine. Management was often highly stressed and if effected the work life negatively. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand during the first months of being open. The most enjoying part of the job was the relationship that was built with the other employees.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Difficult management
The company is only focus on expansion and doesn't look after it employees in medium and lower position. Only management get bonuses not attached to results. Poor management and poor working conditions
Pros
Good fun working along in a multicultural environment
Cons
Poor management, Discrimination
the manager was a true leader always willing to help us to improve and learn every day. all the team felt really motivated to achieve the sales goals and to help each other during peak hours. we were provided with regular trainings.
Preparation of menu items according to the procedures and processes outlined by GYG. Preparation of the orders on the line in a fast way due volume of costumers. sales operator and Cash machine register advising customer on their doubts.
with a very friendly crew and a very interesting place to work.very helpful and interesting place.making food for the customer and serving them with a very good way to make sure the customer comes back again.
A very busy working environment with great culture and fun loving team. challenging end goals and keeping up the standard is simultaneously maintained.
I like work places that are clean welcoming and friendly. Its important when a work place is welcoming because it really shows that they want you there and it makes you feel good inside. For the customers the its really important if you have a clean environment and I think Guzman Y Gomez has got that all covered
Pros
it would be great if i could work at Guzman Y Gomez because it is a clean and friendly environment
Cons
i am a school student and long ours arnt really for me some nights
Don't like this particular store, the managers are not very honest. One of the worst places I had worked so far. The staff try to give the best and the manager doesn't respond with the same coin. Disappointed.
Always fearing you'll be fired or have your hours cut. 7 times out of 10 the people are awesome to work with, but those other 3 times your really judge the managers and company on how they could make such mistakes and missteps. Food safety is a concern on paper but isn't practiced, and staff turnover is so high there is no consistency in the food or management of the business in general. Great place to start, and learn what not to do, don't stay longer then a year.
Pros
Workmates
Cons
Workmates
  1. Employee Reviews