Guzman Y Gomez
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Guzman Y Gomez Employee Reviews

while working at Guzman i learned some very valuable skills that will stay with me for the rest of my working life.the management was amazing and very helpful when it came to swapping shifts if things had come upi wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as it is very easy to pick up and learn everything you need to know to complete the set tasks .in my opinion the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to form connection with co workers, this makes sure that everything runs properly without problems
Pros
working with amazing staff members
Cons
no guarantee on weekly hours being the same
It is always good to go to work because you know your gonna have a good time there. Excellent product and service quality, we are always concerned to deliver the very best
It´s a good place to work. They care about the staff, they do permanent training. The workplace culture it´s nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was to share with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was closing the store, cleaning and go to late to home
Worked in a franchise of GYG. The people you meet are welcoming but the workload can be daunting compared to the low hourly pay. There is a moment where after a certain time even if it was busy, you will not be payed if you go over. Higher individuals need to learn to put themselves in the employees environment and respect how much they worked compared to similiar waged jobs.
Pros
positive employees.
Cons
little pay, long hours, a lot of work for the hourly rate, not paid if you worked over your hours under any circumstance.
I worked here for only a short period of time after required dates off being constantly overlooked. Was a fun place to work as everyone was always happy and such an upbeat environment.
Salary is good and is a really good place to learn how to be proactive in hospitality and develop some skills. Improving our personal skills. A typical day at work is for short shifts and longs when you are Chef, is a really busy day with a lot of tasks to develop in just one shift. Latin culture is the main culture in the restaurants,
Pros
staff meals, good salary
I didn't work there long due to how difficult it was for me to get there all the time. The pay for me was very low and it just wasn't worth it for me to work there. Other than my experience there, it is a fun and cool place to work at.
Guzman y Gomez was a very nice job, good team and comfortable work hours. I was learned about how we need to do a lot of things and the same time make the feel welcome to the customers.
Pros
Good team
Cons
low salary
You have a short shift and a lot of tasks. Sometimes you have to work more hours after your shift to finish the job. The environment is good. People are friendly and helpful.
Pros
No experience required
Cons
I love working with nice and friendly people where the most important is the good results of the business, get involved in the hospitality industry has been a new experience for me which I am really enjoying.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
The workplace culture inspires everyone to give the best while they are working. There is training available for the current staff in order to develop them and make them better each day.
Ambiente agradable, buenos entrenamientos para un desempeño laboral óptimo.
In a normal day of work different tasks are carried out like is the correct handling of the food and the good attention to the client. My position is shift leader, for this reason I learned to organiser a staff with a great help from my manager and all the staff of management, who are always will to help us. The complicated part, was always when the restaurant was full but it is a great experience and learning,since in many occasions, it is fun because you are in a Latin environment and I remember my culture.
*when Im about to star my shift I like to check how much food I got left and get ready to start cooking. *I've learned everything that involve to be a cook and food safety. *about the management is pretty good well is a Successful restaurant but the way that they treat the employees is not the best. *the hardest part would be when is a busy day at work and no one is able to help you. *the must enjoyable part is that it doesn't matter how long or difficult is our day at work I like always to smile and make feel everyone happy.
Pros
fresh food and good quality
Cons
changing always something about administration
happy times there. It is good environment people are happy and helpful I learn how to work in a stressful place I learn how to deal with different kind of people
Fues excelente me sentia agradable, y amaba lo que hacia en Guzman Y Gomez
Pros
Buen Pago
Cons
no pagaban el seguro medico
really good way to train people, they have confident in their staff and they give proper treatment. I have learnt how to work under pressure
Pros
respect people a lot
Just a few words to say this is the worst food service not even worth commenting, they were not helpful at all,and were very very rude and racist
Great restaurant with many great employees, fun working environment whilst being very effective in customer service!
Pros
Great crew
Cons
Split shifts
It is a good place to work for a determinate time, there are no many opportunities to make a career . Nice and friendly environment, they provide all training,opportunities to travel around Australia and overseas.
Pros
Staff Meal, pay breaks
Cons
Long shifts no enough crew per shift
My time working at Guzman Y Gomez was a great experience as I learnt so much and met so many great people. I would work there again if I was offered a position.
  1. Employee Reviews