H&M Employee Reviews

Way Above Average Workplace.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD30 April 2018
H&M, are an incredible employer to work for. They have everything a workplace should have, from fantastic benefits to incredibly understanding and amazing colleagues and employees. Though my time spent there was cut short due to only being hired a seasonal Christmas casual, i throughly enjoyed it and saw why so many people spend most of their careers with H&M> Incredible.
Productive Job and Fun to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2018
H&M is a fast paced industry which helps you gain different skills everyday. Workplace has never been so fun yet very productive. never felt like i was working since I enjoyed my job.
Productive and fun working environment with a really nice staff room
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC13 January 2018
Co-workers are mostly friendly and it was a pleasure working there. Rule and followed strictly which is a sign of good management. Overall it was a enjoyable experience.
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW5 January 2018
Started as a christmas casual really enjoyed working there great staff and great team overall. Store is kept and maintained frequently which is great.
Fun and friendly workplace
RETAILER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bondi Junction NSW6 December 2017
You will find a lot of fun from heaps of funny people of your team.
Good shift and roster for everyone.
The manager is so open mind and easy as your friends
Busy yet fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 August 2017
The job required me to work from 6am to 4pm in the afternoon for consecutive days. Despite the long and early hours, the workplace catered to our food needs, providing breakfast and lunch and necessary breaks making the job far more enjoyable and worthwhile.
was ok to work for, just not for me
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourke Street VIC9 August 2017
Great if you enjoy a face paced work place. Just the managers arent the nicest of people. But the other staff are fun and nice people. the rotation for full time isnt great you only have 2 days off in a row every second week and the hours are really up and down so there is no way of having a normal sleep pattern.
Cons
start times, bad full time rotation, assistant manager rude
Great place, pay okay, team work oriented
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ID23 July 2017
This is a great retail place to work at. They pay quite well for sales associates. Most of the managers are supportive, friendly and approachable. The culture is very focused on team work.
Pros
strategic location
Cons
short lunch time
great people to work with and great culture, terrible pay and no incentives
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC23 July 2017
I have worked at H&M for 3 years and i have made several friends from working there. it is a great culture and they really do try to break free from hierarchies, being that i talk to my store manager and area mangers weekly to daily, however for a company that makes as much as it does (most likely the highest grossing store is AUS) they fail to keep staff for long periods of time due to the incredibly low pay rates, lack of incentive and a ridiculous 1 hour unpaid lunch break. despite the constantly rotating roster they do offer a reasonable staff discount on already low prices and maybe once a year give out gift cards. good job for uni students or something for the time being but anything else i would keep looking. great progression rate also for becoming a manger with a reasonable amount of internal progressions if you are full-time, part timers cannot progress or if you need a day off every weekend for sporting commitments.
Pros
discounts, culture, good management
Cons
1 hour unpaid lunch break, minimum wage, early hours
Algoods work environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC12 July 2017
fun environment and easy going, love the feedbacks, not your normal casual jobs if your looking for a part time full time this is a goodd place to work
Pros
good team
Cons
average Management
Great clothes
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 July 2017
dependant on which location you are based, but very hierarchical and similar to that of a high school environment, be prepared to work hard due to retail prep of the store .
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Was an okay place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD6 July 2017
Was nice to work there over the Christmas period, offered a lot of hours, but as time went on I was placed on a small contract with no opportunity to move up in hours, even with other people leaving the workplace. The management were good, but with the amount of hours I was receiving was forced to leave.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Not enough hours, very early starts
Seriedad y buen ambiente laboral
Asistente De Departamento (Former Employee) –  Sydney, AU15 April 2017
El dia empieza con una reunion con todo el personal donde se informa sobre las metas diarias y algunas variaciones o promociones para la tienda o simples enfoques en algunos puntos debiles asi como las direcciones necesarias del dia.
Pros
Excelente ambiente laboral
Cons
El proceso de traslado era muy largo y dificil
Better than other retail companies, but would rather be somewhere else
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 April 2017
My days are fairly busy, often switching between tidying, clearing, and serving customers.

My management is generally fairly respectful and considerate, though there have been some cases when they disregard the sales staff. They also make it difficult for the staff to plan things outside of work, as they refuse to give us scheduled shifts.

The workplace environment is very welcoming and friendly. It was easy for me to make friends and get along with my boss. My coworkers are definitely the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is 'relaxing'. The store is constantly busy, and it can become overwhelming.

I've learned how floor tasks work, and I've quickly learned how to be more efficient in tidying my department.
Pros
Great staff and manager
Cons
Tend to be unorganised
Fun workplace
Full time Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly QLD30 March 2017
I enjoyed working for H&M very much. they have a lot of opportunities for all the people who work there. H&M is very challenging, I will admit, but I do not regret working there one bit.
H&M, beautiful idea poor salary and work life balance
Cash Office Responsible Manager (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD26 March 2017
I love my H&M family. They are the most amazing people you will find anywhere and we have always considered ourselves a big old family. I just wish the salary and work life balance was there to justify. We have extremely poor management salaries too. No annual leave loading, no overtime or RDO's for excessive hours worked, minimum public holidays and an unbalanced pay scale. My work life balance has tipped to simply work no life unfortunately and there is a lot of pressure on us to give even more. Consumerism at its best.
Pros
25% staff discount and amazing family team
Cons
Poor salary, large workload and no rest.
Great team and fast paced but with negatives
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC18 February 2017
Extremely past faced environment in which you will learn a lot and there is potential to grow in the company if you live and breathe the companies values. However, work/life balance is not present in this company, if you are part-time. For example, working every friday and saturday night. Full timers work on a rotating roster so they get some weekends off but part timers do not. Pay is base minimum and if you start at 18 and are part time your pay will be less than $14 an hour. Great place to work for experience, although not the most ideal place.
Pros
Fun and friendly team
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Excellent workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 February 2017
The day is never the same. Each day brings new and exciting adventures and learning experiences. The support of the colleagues is great. They work together as a team.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2017
Learnt a lot of skills there due to it's fast-paced nature, and opportunities for growth are always present. The most enjoyable part is working with a good team of people of all ages and having alot of flexibility there.
good working environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2017
Everyday is clear rail, garment care, delivery and customer service including cashier and fitting room. I have learnt how to be a good customer service and well working under pressure with time constraint. The hardest job is to handle with difficulties customer, so this gains me to have much patient. The most enjoyable is to work with friendly team which is helping each other as one team.
Pros
improve sales and customer service
Cons
overloaded job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K