HCA Physician Services Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from HCA Physician Services Group:

HCA Physician Services Group Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews
Progressive and chllenging
Tristar was an interesting environment, with so many nationalities and personalities to manage as well as the typical day to day management of the IT Team.

We serviced roughly 40 sites across a myriad of technologies so the challenge was to maintain a standard experience for all users regardless of location.

I enjoyed interacting with the doctors who had come from all over the world, learning some of the culture and then interacting with them in a culturally respectful manner.

Micromanagement was often a problem with many other managers trying to manage other people's departments, though some structural changes seemed to improve those issues over time.

The hardest part was working constantly. Tristar only closes 2 days a year and those days I'd use as maintenance windows. Obviously this wasn't a great work/life balance but as I actually enjoyed the work it wasn't too much of an issue for me

The most enjoyable part was getting to travel to all the sites, rolling out new systems and just spending time with the staff.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
poor work / life balance
Very intense postion within an unorganised company
Lack of training and short staffed, team members were helpful and friendly, however the lack of management created a messy environment that leaves you feeling incompetent.
Very Bad
there is no management in the area, and people do as they wish and trying to contact the management which is located in mildura is very very dificult.
Pros
no pro
Very Ordinary Organisation, $2 no frills clinic and management
Very poor culture for this organisation, they do not support staff and don't have Practice Managers at any of their Clinics
Management are very difficult and unreasonable to deal with, would never recommend this organisation to anyone
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Mental health program
Tristar Medical Group is a great place to work . They have encouraged me to continue to develop my practice and currently I am undertaking a Nurse Practitioner program
Pros
autonomy
Cons
my own fears - expectation that I will meet all requirements for nurse practitioner
Generally good place to work
Good place to work, friendly co-workers but sometimes difficult as head office was so far away from us if we had any issues.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
Head office too far away for any issues.