Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HSBC Employee Reviews

In a typical day in my position I fulfilled management tasks of managing the funding requirements of our settlement agents , Reconcile all the accounts related to Mortgage , as well as overseeing a offshore staff of individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Very bad interview process. The only good thing is the proximity. No job security. No proper training. Not enough staff to take calls, always 45 minutes to customers reach us,
Pros
location
Cons
management, salary
Good brand but pay is minimal and you need to keep looking over your shoulder. Many head count freeze and job cuts. You are really only banking on the famous name.Everyone wants to work for HSBC so they can afford to pay below market. The last CEO lasted 15months and took 30 years to work his way up. Otherwords they don't care if you lose your job. They will fire you simply if don't like you. Lots hidden agendas. Only find out last minute. Too conservative ccompany
found al the staff at HSBC open to new ideas, work life balance, career progresison. Leaders very pprocahable and made your opinions feel valued, HSBC was an enjoyable place for my career progression over the 12 years and have made life long friendships as a result.
Quite a nice place to work most of the time however IT choked with red tape and systems poorly integrated. The constant pressure to reduce costs can lead to a hostile environment.
If you can get your head around HSBC being a machine, and to remember that even the best and kindest people are trying to navigate around the machine, then you can take the slow steps to get things done.
There are many opportunities for training and development. Work/Life balance needs to be improved. Overall a good starting place and good company to be part of.
greeting customers , organising guests , show them how to use ATM machine to deposit and withdraw cashes and coins , putting customers to the right counters .
Pros
learning banking
Cons
standing for lone time
This is a great organization to work for. Peers, management, and executives are friendly and engaging. I was sad to leave this organization when I moved back to Canada.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
Typical day related to managing product related issues and meetings Working with external consultants on a product review & launch deepened my hands on experience in business analysis, strategy development & implementation Management positive and workplace culture collegiate Enjoyed being part of an international bank Hardest part reporting to a regional HO in Kong Kong that really didnt understand Australian market
Pros
Flexible hours and colleagiate team
Cons
Limitations as local subsidiary of international bank
Great management and culture. Good employee benefits. Was a great start into the corporate world for me. One of the best places I have worked. Learnt a lot in financial services industry.
Covering all aspects of property management and looking after a large portfolio of properties was great experience. The workplace culture is one of fairness, treat others with respect and this will be given to you in return.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Too many meetings
Good place to work and they try to treat their staff well and not just like robots. If you have a family you will like the work life balance and flexibility. If you are young and looking for something more dynamic, exciting and a more risk-taking environment then it may be a bit boring.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Flexibility, Trust
Cons
Conservative, Not much youth culture
literally is the best place to work. a lot of advancement opportunities and self-development. ongoing training and skills and knowledge enhancement. being part of a highly trained and professional team makes you so proud.
I rank HSBC is one of the best place to work for though HSBC does not offer competitive benefits. One of the benefits of working with HSBC is the company offers job opportunity across geographies
Pros
Overseas posting opportunity
Cons
work life not balanced
empresa que oferece crescimento pessoal e profissional .
Expected to work long hours under a stressful enviroment. All though bonuses were very good each year if you performed as expected. Constant changes and employees. Enjoyed working in the HR department as work could be varied from time to time.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
- increasing the wealth of customers with your banking services is always rewarding - dealing with complaints and concluding with resolutions is very satisfying - working with junior staff members and seeing them move on in their careers is encouraging - fraud and money laundering can be very upsetting
Pros
Every day is never the same
Cons
Frauds can be very upsetting
I worked one year with HSBC the biggest bank in the world . it added an amazing experience to my career path and learnt a lot from them. as much as they teach me i was a good asset for them as well reaching sales target and received an appreciation email from the CEO himself for my excellent service.
HSBC is an international bank and its an awesome experience. I have 13 years of experience and I am so grateful for all support and grooming provided by HSBC.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Work life imbalance
Great People and Fun place to work. Good place to network with people. Plenty of opportunity to learn. But the management expects people to work long hours.
Pros
Rewards and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours