HSBC

Australia6 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 14,390 reviews

fun

greeting customers , organising guests , show them how to use ATM machine to deposit and withdraw cashes and coins , putting customers to the right counters .

Pros

learning banking

Cons

standing for lone time

Put into deep end

Put straight into deep endNot much support (they claim otherwise)No progression for 18 months Low salaryRotational shifts too late-no social life Micro-managed

Pros

Paid leave

Cons

Rotational shift pattern

Not a good place to work

Very bad interview process. The only good thing is the proximity. No job security. No proper training. Not enough staff to take calls, always 45 minutes to customers reach us,

Pros

location

Cons

management, salary

HSBC experience was incredible, lovely environment with nice colleagues from different nationalities.

I worked one year with HSBC the biggest bank in the world . it added an amazing experience to my career path and learnt a lot from them. as much as they teach me i was a good asset for them as well reaching sales target and received an appreciation email from the CEO himself for my excellent service.

Busy workplace, great colleagues to support you

Can be stressful environment and always new procedures to be updated. Lovely manager and co-workers. Other banks are very competitive and can be hard to up-sell and meet targets due to this.

Pros

Good workplace environment

Cons

systems are outdated and somewhat slow

It's a fun workplace which includes internet cafe shops, billiards, tv, and etc.

- As a customer service agent, our job is to be on time everyday from 8pm-5am in the morning. Clients call us if they need help especially in their car loan or car title. Usually we dealt with irate customers everyday.- I learned so many things in HSBC especially to have a big or huge patience with the customers. I learned different accent in USA. I learned how to communicate properly with them and answer all their queries politely with manners.- HSBC Management is good but for me it all the depends in your Manager if he/she handles his/her co-workers correctly.- HSBC is my second home because I gain a lot of friends here and we respect each others likes, decisions and etc.- The hardest part of the job is to communicate with irate customers but by the end of the day you satisfied them with your good service.- The most enjoyable part of the job is when payback time. It's nice to see your salary, it's worth it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HSBC
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?