Habitania Homewares
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Habitania Homewares Employee Reviews

Good environment and location in the centre of the city. Everything is pretty nice except for the unfair pay. Just because the workers are holding an overseas visas doesn’t mean that they can underpay me a lot. I heard that the main shop has already shut down, I don’t know why but perhaps the management has caused a trouble. It’s good if you are a PR or a local. Otherwise the payment is unfair.
This company doesn’t care about their staff. The management is poor, HR management is poor!!! Save yourself the stress and problems and work somewhere else
Pros
Cons
everything !
Really enjoyed my time working at Habitania .I loved the Homeware worked with a great team .Manager was very helpful in training me .Always a busy store with alot of regular customers .I would definitely recommend working here .
Pros
Beautiful Homeware
Management is absolutely insane, the CEO put so much pressure on employees. The management tend to make it your worst work experience. The owner fail to provide staff with positive feedback or acknowledgment of a job well done. You ask the HR for advice and it falls on deaf ears, her inconsistent guidance is confusing to employees, she will do whatever the owner(ceo) ask her to do. The CEO and her so called (EXECUTIVE) displays prejudices that interfere with maintaining a positive work environment. You are expected to teach yourself new things you hadn't done before, as management would not want to waste time in doing so, or you will get different answers, and then when you messed up you would be critiqued quite rudely for doing so. Overall it was a very degrading and exhausting 2 years with the company. Every shift felt like a chore, and that's not how working should feel.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Cash in hand if your on a visa. Change of mind by CEO. Change in procedures
In the beginning the job was fun and the workers are lovely. After a month the management will put extreme pressure on you to achieve their goals. Your expected to serve, unpack, and your considered lucky to have a lunch cover. They do not support you with growth and development. They compare each employee passive aggressively. They don’t listen to their employees. The culture is based on drama blame from the CEO that played favourites a lot. Bullying and gossiping was seen as the norm at this workplace. Be prepared to have every little mistake frowned upon and not seen to be improved. The covid-19 outbreak showed the company had zero loyalty to their employees, laying off and leaving them in the dark.
Pros
Talking to customers, nice products
Cons
No support at all. The CEO only sees $$
Unfortunately company culture and upper management are the downfall of this company. Management who are more than willing to throw you under the bus rather than manage, train and coach you to see you succeed. CEO changes their mind constantly about business direction which results in frustration/confusion throughout stores. There is no such thing as development everyone is seen as someone who can be re-placed, unless completely complacent towards upper management. Company does not invest in its people or equipment to assist staff move large/heavy amounts of stock around the store. Staff do not receive constructive feedback but are confronted directly by CEO on the shop floor.
Provide a clean and delightful working environment for the employees and able to schedule a working time based on our requirements in order to achieve effective teamwork.
Everything is micromanage by head office, who frequently change their minds on things. Poor pay, high expectations. Dollar is king for the owners, they have zero care for staff and are more than comfortable racially abusing them (especially casuals). Some product is really good, but a lot of it is cheap imported rubbish from China and India that they have a huge mark-up on. Don't work here!
Working at Habitania has been a fantastic experience into the introduction of Décor in the retail world. Currently has a great supportive team in place. The range of décor from furniture-exclusive to Habitania arm chairs, side tabes to all your entertainment platters, tower servers, cake stands frames,vases & paintings.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no permanent position available
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Habitania Homewares?
Would never work for this company again, expects way to much from managers even days off you are still harassed constantly especially for the amount you get paid not worth the stress. They don’t seem to care for staff staying permanent and growing in the business as would rather casual short term employees easily replaceable.
Working at Habitania is fun and rewarding. Staff benefits are good. There is a lot of heavy lifting throughout most days when required to access stock for customers particularly during Xmas time. You need to be relatively strong and fit and prepared to climb ladders etc. Staff members and management are friendly making a pleasant work environment. You regularly get to work with the Merchandisers to the store, learning about design and presentation. It is a lot of fun.
Pros
Great merchandise
Cons
Heavy lifting often required to be done solely.
The main duties include work with customers to find what they want, help to keep tidy shop appearance, inventory control. The most enjoyable part of the job is I can make very good relationship with our customers and if I can help them finally work out what they decide to buy, which help me get the sense of achievement.
I have great passion in homeware and Habitania is just perfect! I've learned a lot on interior decoration and It's so much pleasure to introduce unique products to customers. My manager helped me a lot on communication and sale skills. With all the other staff, we enjoy working as a team to achieve targets and incentives. The company has competing events between stores from time to time. Good incentives or gifts are offered for the outstanding teams.
Pros
Staff discount, learn decoration skills
Cons
must be able to stand on your feet
Home is where the essence of your inner warmth and comfort lie. Habitania offers you a wide range of choices and high quality goods to create an environment within your house at affordable prices. It is also a place of fun where staffs support each other and a chance to practice a bit of merchandising and store management.