Hairhouse Warehouse Employee Reviews

Dodgy Owners
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chirnside Park VIC27 May 2019
Dodgy owners at the time but they have sold it now. Got Cash in hand but it was a good job to have for after school. Colleagues were good to work with and management was good.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Mean/Dodgy bosses, cash in hand
Chaos
Senior Stylist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 April 2019
Let me start by saying every store is individually owned. That is a huge part of why hairhouse is a disaster in my experience. I was there for 5 years. Promised over that course of time job opportunities into managment. Never happened. I had sunday tuesday off even after i legally gave my 4 weeks notice of consent ending for non consecutive days. Management was no existent. No support from head office. My owner had no idea what she was doing not once did head office step in in a way that actually helped. Staff was great until they left and my boss hired on the rudest most lazy girls i have ever met. Pay was horrible with no commision or christmas bonus. Mot even a christmas dinner! Honestly it was a nightmare.I stayed for so long because i loved my clients.
Pros
No late night
Cons
Everything else
micromanager at this store
Customer Sales Assistant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT11 March 2019
if there is absolutely nothing to do, e.g., no customers in store, floors are cleaned, shelves are stocked, the manager demands you find something to make yourself look busy, bit hard when everything is done. Manager watches staff on cameras when she is not in store and eats lunch directly outside store to ensure no staff member is chatting. not a fun place to work at all. Very high staff turn over shows unhappy staff
Pros
sometimes received free sample products
Cons
unstable hours, micromanagment
Amazing team
Sales/ sales targets (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Plaza QLD5 March 2019
Great team and such a great enviroment to work in. Love ustomer service, educating people and making them feel beautiful and thats exactly what i did everyday there!
Good work enviroment
Retail assistant/Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Werribee Plaza VIC4 February 2019
I found Hairhouse Warehouse to have a great work environment, also great work benefits. but unfortunately the management wasn't up to my standards. I found the team environment to be of a high standard and enjoyed working with all the girls.
Pros
great product discounts
Cons
long hours over xmas
productive
Apprentice Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC30 January 2019
i learned a lot while i was working at hair house wear house because at the same time i was studding my cert II in Hairdressing, so i learnt the right way to color and wash hair, management was amazing, they were able to help me with my studding while i worked, i hardest part was being on my feet all day as well as being at school all week. the most enjoyable part was showing to my family and friends and students what i was able to learn while i was there.
Greatest staff /terrible management
Apprentice Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Australia12 January 2019
Working on a day to day basis is stressful 1 day your so busy you have no time for a break others you are standing around doing nothing because it's been so quiet you have cleaned every inch of the store.
Terrible wage, imaginary hierarchy between management, unsupportive enviorment at times.
Having to ask for payslips. Called constantly accusing of things not being done when they have been. No clear policy on returns, warranty. Not catering to audience customers charging $70 for a trim in a low income area. Reprimanded by head office for not having 10/10 hair and makeup or wearing sneakers instead of flats because your feet hurt from standing all day.

Yes I have a great time working with my coworkers and customers but there is so much bad stuff that happens that can easily be avoided and there is little to no training on products in store I mean please people help us out and also when there is emails being sent out to customers about sales let the stores know at least.
Pros
Great staff. Free hair services.
Cons
Wage. Improvement. Head office.
Good workplace
Senior Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Figtree NSW3 December 2018
Fairly busy little salon

As a hairdresser you are always learning new things
Management was good
Most enjoyable part of my job was making people feel good about themselves
not a great enviroment
Hairdressing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Knox City Centre VIC19 November 2018
this was by far the worst workplace I have worked at to date.
workplace bullying unfriendly staff unhappy customers too long of hours, always expected to do anything and everything even when uncomfortable to do so. Bad experience and will never ever recommend hairhouse warehouse knox to anyone to start work.
Pros
started my hairdressing apprenticeship
Cons
toxic enviroment
Perfect
Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Altona VIC26 August 2018
Apart of my TAFE unit I had to do a placement and these guys were the only ones to give me a chance! They treated me well and actually taught me useful things in the industry.
Not my cup of tea. Bullied in the work place and unfair dismissal.
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Northland Shopping Centre VIC24 August 2018
I was bullied in the workplace for a few weeks before being unfairly dismissed.
I was expected to do certain things you wouldn't expect one to do in their workplace.
Pros
free boost/ lunch. some workers there are half decent.
Cons
bullying in the work place. unfair dismissal.
fun and happy
Senior Hairdresser and retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC10 July 2018
Positive fun working place. Would work there again but looking at getting out of hairdressing for a career change due to family life style.
Fast paced full of excitement and fun.
Pros
flexibility
fun work place
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Helensvale QLD3 June 2018
i love working in an enjoyable environment with nice and hard working team members that work as a team to get work done fast and good. i have learned that not everybody is going to like you but thats okay,
Pros
talking to customers
Amazing co-workers, bad management
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 May 2018
Owner has little respect for workers. If in retail, you will be placed as a casual and taken advantage of. The business is run in an unprofessional manner. I regret to leave my amazing co-workers, but my relationship with the workplace has become toxic, and this seems to be a trend with many of their past employees that I am still in contact with.
Pros
Good staff discounts
Cons
Bad management
Friendly and helpful workplace
Retail Worker (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC12 March 2018
Advising the right product for the customer was a large part of this job. My superiors were great educators passing on information to me as a new team member so I was prepared to make recommendations to customers based on their individuals concerns/hair troubles.
Pros
salary
Cons
No uniform
Only go there if you really need a job
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  VIC23 February 2018
Not that this applies to all franchises but the ones that I worked at the owner(s) took advantage of the loyalty of their staff, didn't pay them their proper entitlements, constantly degraded staff in front of the team, expected the staff to lie to the customer and questioned their right to have time off/sick leave etc.
They also have a habit of forgetting to keep up-to-date with the super. My review would have been a lot different if I had been treated fairly and given incentives for the amount of work and garbage I had to put up with.
Pros
Going home
Cons
An inconsistent roster and a boss about as flexible as a grey lead
Choose Wisely
Hairdressing Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA15 February 2018
depending on the franchise, the targets and structure for a hairdresser are very stressful.
very limited hours in quite months and crazy over worked hours in the busier months.
not enough product training and thrown in at the deep end by not so nice or friendly management.
Pros
Cons
free hair
Well clean and great environment to work in.
Assistant Hairdresser (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA13 February 2018
A typical day at work would be going in and making sure everything is clean to the bosses standards, and keeping the costumers happy. Learning that I'm a quick worker and that the most enjoyable part of the job is having great people to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Empresa descontraída e legal de trabalhar.
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast - Austrália.29 January 2018
Uma Empresa sem muito atendimento personalizado, mas com metas à se cumprir. Sem pressão sobre as vendedoras, mas sempre com estímulo para vendas.
Unorganized
Tea and tidy (Former Employee) –  Noarlunga Centre SA10 January 2018
Told one thing one day and another contradictory thing the next day, was no relationship between the owners and workers and often felt awkward while they where in the salon.