Hairhouse

Hairhouse Employee Reviews

Australia72 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

A great team of girls who all worked well together

I found the diversity really good . I think that more training was needed for the apprentices because they didnt seem to have structured training , just thrown in to make mistakes but never corrected . Senior stylists we always too busy to help the juniors . Management That I worked for were not hairdressers and I felt that they didnt really understand how bookings took place and that they lacked empathy for staff at times in need , eg death in family or other family situations . Over all it was secure work and I was there for a few years whilst juggling my family work life balance ! Maybe a bigger discount for us if we wanted our hair done because it was too expensive for us as staff to get some of the services done. More training would have been benificial .

Pros

Great team to work in .

Cons

Poor management

Fun workplace

The Whole team at hairhouse warehouse are absolutely beautiful people with alot of joy and passion for their work and very fair to everyone who comes in.

Pros

Genuine people, decent breaks, fun workplace

Cons

Some workers can be abit hard to talk to and get to know which can make things a little intimidating

Work environment

Although the staff are amazing to work with the environment is very fast paced and demanding. There is little to no work life balance, you may be doing 10 things right but if you do one thing wrong that will be highlighted

Pros

Paid training

Cons

Long hours/weekend

Company

Over all great company especially the owners for Melton and Werribee stores👌would refer anyone to these stores. Family friendly environment but also competitive. If you have a great team then you will be fine

Please work here if you enjoy being ripped off

Hairhouse Warehouse Mount Druit, I tried on multiple shifts to give them my payment information and was told next shift next shift, then when I left due to lack of any payment I was told the 20+ hours I had already worked would be with held Red flags every where

fun fast paced workplace

I've loved the experience I have gained and learned quite a lot whilst employed here. A typical day at work is fast-paced and enjoyable. The management has changed recently and has failed to upkeep the staff morale, although the staff has created a family within the workplace. the hardest part of the job is working to your full capacity without any breaks, the most enjoyable part of the job is creating a successful client base and bond.

Fast Paced.

great fast past company in the christmas months but quite slow during the year. with lots of out of work hour training, which wasn't for me. Lots of products.

Good experience overall, I was taught what to do in a correct manner, things could have been handled better however by the managers.

The managers are respectful when you first meet them, however that goes away fast. However they are not the worst people I have encountered. The store is run in an efficient way however some of the rules are quite ridiculous.

Amazing Team and leader ship

Hairhouse is an amazing team to work for! They provide great training and a great work life balance. Fantastic leadership and with a rewarding career path.

Dodgy Owners

Dodgy owners at the time but they have sold it now. Got Cash in hand but it was a good job to have for after school. Colleagues were good to work with and management was good.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Mean/Dodgy bosses, cash in hand

great work emvironment and colleagues

management is very kind and friendly, it is a very professional yet fun work environment, they take pride in the cleanliness and organisation of the store.

Pros

staff & family discount, great workplace

Cons

nothing

Chaos

Let me start by saying every store is individually owned. That is a huge part of why hairhouse is a disaster in my experience. I was there for 5 years. Promised over that course of time job opportunities into managment. Never happened. I had sunday tuesday off even after i legally gave my 4 weeks notice of consent ending for non consecutive days. Management was no existent. No support from head office. My owner had no idea what she was doing not once did head office step in in a way that actually helped. Staff was great until they left and my boss hired on the rudest most lazy girls i have ever met. Pay was horrible with no commision or christmas bonus. Mot even a christmas dinner! Honestly it was a nightmare.I stayed for so long because i loved my clients.

Pros

No late night

Cons

Everything else

micromanager at this store

if there is absolutely nothing to do, e.g., no customers in store, floors are cleaned, shelves are stocked, the manager demands you find something to make yourself look busy, bit hard when everything is done. Manager watches staff on cameras when she is not in store and eats lunch directly outside store to ensure no staff member is chatting. not a fun place to work at all. Very high staff turn over shows unhappy staff

Pros

sometimes received free sample products

Cons

unstable hours, micromanagment

Amazing team

Great team and such a great enviroment to work in. Love ustomer service, educating people and making them feel beautiful and thats exactly what i did everyday there!

Good work enviroment

I found Hairhouse Warehouse to have a great work environment, also great work benefits. but unfortunately the management wasn't up to my standards. I found the team environment to be of a high standard and enjoyed working with all the girls.

Pros

great product discounts

Cons

long hours over xmas

productive

i learned a lot while i was working at hair house wear house because at the same time i was studding my cert II in Hairdressing, so i learnt the right way to color and wash hair, management was amazing, they were able to help me with my studding while i worked, i hardest part was being on my feet all day as well as being at school all week. the most enjoyable part was showing to my family and friends and students what i was able to learn while i was there.

Greatest staff /terrible management

Working on a day to day basis is stressful 1 day your so busy you have no time for a break others you are standing around doing nothing because it's been so quiet you have cleaned every inch of the store. Terrible wage, imaginary hierarchy between management, unsupportive enviorment at times. Having to ask for payslips. Called constantly accusing of things not being done when they have been. No clear policy on returns, warranty. Not catering to audience customers charging $70 for a trim in a low income area. Reprimanded by head office for not having 10/10 hair and makeup or wearing sneakers instead of flats because your feet hurt from standing all day. Yes I have a great time working with my coworkers and customers but there is so much bad stuff that happens that can easily be avoided and there is little to no training on products in store I mean please people help us out and also when there is emails being sent out to customers about sales let the stores know at least.

Pros

Great staff. Free hair services.

Cons

Wage. Improvement. Head office.

Good workplace

Fairly busy little salon As a hairdresser you are always learning new things Management was good Most enjoyable part of my job was making people feel good about themselves

not a great enviroment

this was by far the worst workplace I have worked at to date. workplace bullying unfriendly staff unhappy customers too long of hours, always expected to do anything and everything even when uncomfortable to do so. Bad experience and will never ever recommend hairhouse warehouse knox to anyone to start work.

Pros

started my hairdressing apprenticeship

Cons

toxic enviroment

Perfect

Apart of my TAFE unit I had to do a placement and these guys were the only ones to give me a chance! They treated me well and actually taught me useful things in the industry.

Not my cup of tea. Bullied in the work place and unfair dismissal.

I was bullied in the workplace for a few weeks before being unfairly dismissed. I was expected to do certain things you wouldn't expect one to do in their workplace.

Pros

free boost/ lunch. some workers there are half decent.

Cons

bullying in the work place. unfair dismissal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hairhouse. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hairhouse