HALL CONTRACTING Employee Reviews

This was a time-basis job that traveled from state to state.
Project Secretary On-Site (FedEx Freight) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC24 February 2019
I was a on-site project secretary for the Project Mgr & Supervisor's. A temporary job until the project was completed. I provided paperwork for all sub-contractors, payroll, took pictures of the job to email to the NC office. I worked multi-phone lines.
Not fair
Screwman (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY29 December 2018
When at hall cont. My experiance was expected but no recognition was giving to me i was the only asphalt man there that used top con grade control system correctly but all acknowlegdements were given to someone else. My decisions on correct ways to pave a street were given to someone else!
Pros
Rpaid holiday
Cons
Short hours
A place that employs people that work there
Pipeline Laborer/ Welder Helper (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY12 August 2018
I currently work for Hall Contracting of KY. They always have jobs going in asphalt, industrial and pipeline. I have worked for the industrial and pipeline division and have always averaged between 40-60 hrs per wk.
Pros
money
Cons
Time away from home
If you like construction go for it.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC30 July 2018
I worked there because my grandfather was a supervisor. That does not mean it was easy. I was worked harder than most people which made me learn that i wanted to go to college and better myself.
Pros
Its a job
Great work environment with great opportunity and advancements
Carpenter, Lead man, forman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC20 May 2018
My time with Hall contracting was the best. If I could make back to N.C, I'd love to work at Hall again, they are fair to every employee and give everyone a chance to advance and pay fairly as well. The management is ways interactive with the employees and are always there if you have a problem.
Cons
None besides its only in N.C and S.C
i was layed off because forman change and new forman didnt want old formans hires
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY30 April 2018
nes forman brought his own people from his last job to fill all positions and create his own crew.i loved working for the company and was offered to come back after they laid me off but was told i have to wait 1 yr because of 401k program.
Lack of leadership and direction poor management
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CO1 March 2018
I would not recommend working here if you like a work and life balance because this company does not care about any of your personal life had too many problems with people not accepting workload
HALL Contracting in Charlotte, NC
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 February 2018
HALL Contracting---Charlotte, NC is not to be confused with HALL Contracting of Kentucky.... the posts from Louisville KY are not indicative of the company in Charlotte NC. It is a great palce to work here!
Supervisor over their head, idiots
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY25 January 2018
Cut throat company to work for, management let’s you know everything important very last second. They have supervisors who are on jobs that don’t have a clue how to perform certain trades.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Per dm sucks
good family friendly place to work
Forman (Former Employee) –  Salina, KS16 January 2018
I felt like they were into giving you time off when you earned it and also had a good variety of work and was always something to learn and could work easily with the people in the office to formulate a plan to achieve a goal
hard work good money
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CA10 June 2017
waking up in the morning at 4 am then getting a ride to work once we are there we start working till 3:30 we only stop working if it hits 100 degrees.
Pros
money
Cons
hot sun and cold cold in morning
Great opportunity for advancing my career
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC5 June 2017
Started as field superintendent on projects at RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris installing , rehabbing equipment , then design , layout , fabricate and install tobacco chutes and dust hoppers. This led Mr. Hall to letting me start my own mechanical division. We earned maintenance contracts with Duke engineering , RJR, transcontinental pipe line ( transco ) and other company's in surrounding states .
Pros
Free to build my mechanical division
Cons
Lot of time away from family
Unorganized, unprofessional, lazy workers
Welder (Former Employee) –  Georgia, KS11 May 2017
Job site was unorganized and no one knew what they were doing. People went out of their way to be unfriendly and unhelpful (coworkers). No one wants to work, just stand around all day and make it hard for those who do want to work.
Pros
None found
Cons
unprofessional workers
Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 September 2016
I had a wonderful time working for this company, I never had complaints i got treated with respect.sometimes they could show favoritism .
Great work place
SITE SAFETY OFFICER (SSO) (Former Employee) –  North Carolina6 July 2016
The company is small, but they are fair and great to work for. The CEO will work with and I never had any issues. The pay if fair and always on time.
the work environment sucks at times.
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY24 November 2015
While some (and i mean very few) job sites aren't filthy, the majority are. One particular job site ruined every pair of work cloths i wore to it. but what upset me was when i was i hired on i was told i would be sent to a specific jobs site as a welder, i never saw that job site and was transsitioned into a laborer instead.

some of the supperindendants are good amazing guys that will work with you when you're pulling 12 hours a day 7 days a week jobs. but about half simply don't care and pick favorites (one foreman promoted his 18 year old grandson to crew leader after just one week) and are just counting the days to retirement.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
a lot of travelling, with terrible per-deim
It was a good job wished it had lasted longer
laborer,transporter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC29 October 2014
It was hard and difficult work but it was that way because of the the other employees not because of the the company or the job it self
Pros
Insurance was paid for by the company unless you had a family plan
Cons
I had never worked underground before
Hard Work, but a great company
Welder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY6 November 2012
You have to work hard at Hall. But it is a great place for a young person to start out. You will have alot of information thrown in your face very quickly, and if you want to learn the opportunity is there. Hall will pay for all ceritifations in your field, and you will have senior profesionals in your field to learn from.
Pros
great people, employeed owned, excelent pay
Cons
road warrior travel required
overworked and underpaid
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY8 June 2012
go to work out of town pay for your own room out of your pocket. they used to pay and they took it iaway. work you really hard. and go home. bad working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HALL CONTRACTING. Our community is ready to answer.