Halliburton Employee Reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 5,051 reviews
Professional attetude
Coil tubing Supervisor, Moomba South Australia (Former Employee) –  Moomba SA26 January 2019
A typical day would be to service and maintain equipment or field work of 12/12, I leaned a new computer system, the management were quite and kept away as long as things ran smoothly, the work place culture was typical oil field get the work done but as safe as possible, the hardest part of the job was working in 45DegC, the most enjoyable part was performing the desired job in a timely, safe manner and not forgetting the flight home
Pros
Only a 50 minute flight from home
great culture
Regional Support & Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 December 2018
Halliburton offers a great range of solutions for the oil & gas exploration projects. As an engineer and a sales person you get to learn such interesting things and this always allows for great interaction with customers when discussing their needs.
Pros
network
Cons
High demanding job with lots of diversity
Technical Professional (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD29 October 2018
Job variety includes office work and field work, constant travel to well site locations, good work environment with very demanding work load, multiple disciplines in one office facilitates networking
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long shifts
To perform this job you need to be really tough
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 August 2018
Stressful job with pure management, upper managers detached from work, lower managers not skillful and not helpful, they follow policy SYA, not to improve or make job more productive
Pros
payed travel to location
Cons
not payed door to door
Outstanding experience
General Field Professional (Former Employee) –  Australia10 May 2018
Had to learn and implement in various location globally and was proud to be part of Halliburton world wide. Built relationships with colleagues and was good networkinhg
Pros
good field rates
Working at Sperry Drilling
Senior MLWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Geraldton WA10 December 2017
5 years as Senior MLWD. Pretty hands on as MLWD & on the job training. Benefits & work life balance was good. Plenty of overseas assignment opportunities when not busy locally.
Pros
Job security even in downturns
Cons
Slow career progression
great opportunity
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 November 2017
had the opportunity to learn in a fun environment. got to work with fun engineers, fun bosses, fun colleagues and fun drillers. After about 3 months or 4 went to work on afternoon shift all by myself. took care of all tests, all equipment all data entering and locking up. this was a nice challenge and and probably the hardest part of the job, being the only one there.
Everyone was so nice and accepting and enjoyed working there.
Pros
good people
Cons
too far
Team environment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Moomba SA8 October 2017
Good overall team environment in and across the productline's which is noticed greatly on some of their simultaneous operations projects across Australasia.
Fantastic
Cementing Senior Technical Professional (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA4 July 2017
Really a great experience.
- Fun working for an offshore project
- Lot of learning
- Fun place
- Very respectful co-workers
- Very well structured
- Very nice customers
- Team building activities
We'll established company, Pleasure to work with then
Drilling Fluids Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 March 2017
Highly recommend this company. Clear goals, great management, wages OK. Multicultural team make it interesting to work. All trainings will be provided.
Long hours, multiple discipline experience
Service Operator II Cementing (Current Employee) –  Perth WA14 March 2017
In my current job you are exposed to the many different elements involved in a drilling an oil & gas well.

The experience gained being involved in so many operations with such a vast array of different people makes the job very enjoyable.
Pros
4 weeks off
Multinational Juggernaut creates working poor
WPS Operator (Former Employee) –  Perth W.A11 March 2017
Halliburton was a great start to a new career in the energy sector.

A Huge multi-National company with near limitless backing and resources seemed like a grand opportunity, but soon left a sour taste when the brochures stopped portraying the accurate work life of Energy service workers.

Job/Work life balance: Non-existent. Company keeps budget low, so workshop maintenance staff are simply field staff, who have come back or a waiting for a field job. No time off for field workers.

Salary/Benefits: Starting salary isn't improved well over time, low salary and bonuses are hard to swallow when the bonus can be cut, or reduced without warning. Days are paid in 12 hr increments including holidays. Salary numbers are based on working 12 hour days. Employees constantly doing jobs above their paid positions (Operators working at supervisor levels and responsibility, or Supervisors doing Co-coordinators responsibilities)

Job security/Advancement: Market is bad, and management reduce numbers, make job harder and more stressful. Advancement is a myth, and workers can work 4 years without leaving the starting rank and salary. Workers from other countries can be employed, and placed in higher positions becoming management or supervisors to local workers.

Management: "Please meet my unreasonable demands" Managers will keep their bonuses by keeping costs and budgets down. requests for tools are always picked and reduced, leaving workable tooling and spares parts. Promotions are not issued, training is always secondary, leaving training for the enthusiastic field workers who
  more... want to learn and beg and borrow to learn the craft.

Job Culture: Working with fellow employees makes it worth while, Salary is paid, for 12 hour shifts but is common for workers to keep the job going when issues arise, calling for people to work past 12 hour shifts for 14-18 sometimes 24 hour plus to keep jobs going.

Above review is segments from actual happenings. The company creates indenture employees, whom cannot escape to another job, and have to keep working at a very specialized industry.

Field Employees are treated like disposable tools. there is no work/life balance.

It would all be worth it however, just for the experience if you were paid for your hours worked, and for the level of job you were doing.
Pros
Company Expenses are usually refunded, Great friendships can be made, Good training and Courses for skills advancement
Cons
Monthly pay, money can be taken off you, No promotion, No drive to increase local workers to higher positions
Fun at workplace especially the coil crew helping each other.
Service Equipment Operator II Coil Tubing (Former Employee) –  Moomba SA10 July 2016
I can say working in International Company like Halliburton is a good experience. They will send you on a training center to give more knowlegde on the job.
Excellent Company to work for
Operator II Frac/Acid (Former Employee) –  Regency Park SA6 June 2016
Very much enjoyed my time working for Halliburton. Has been a very big part of my life and would recommend them to anyone.
Cons
Great bunch of blokes that were fun to work with but knew when the job had to be done
Field Supervisor Cement (Former Employee) –  Nirranda VIC26 May 2016
I worked for Halliburton for nearly ten years and enjoyed the work. Great place to learn and teach skills to advance every ones careers. We had to work long ours in hot dusty conditions but we had great support from management most of the time
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Very Productive and funfilled atmospehere at workplace
Electrical/Mechanical Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Jandakot, Perth12 May 2016
I had very good time working in this Industry.
My Nature of work was very good and very interesting field.
I travelled around the world while working in this company.
I use to enjoy helping and assisting with my co-workers during my shift.
I had learnt many things in this company,using this I can lead my life in any other industry.
I am very much aware about safety of myself my co-workers.
Experience at Halliburton
Associate Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 April 2016
Overall experience with this company was eventful, with a lot of changes going on globally which affected the staff internally in every region. The experience gained along the way was very valuable. Working in different departments of a company gives you more of a perspective as to how the bigger picture comes together once executed.
Good experience and good pay
Field engineer (Current Employee) –  Everywhere/anywhere22 March 2016
Lots of experience in a short time, great training and opportunities to practise and gain expertise extremely quickly here. Thrown in to the deep end immediately and often expected to figure everything out for yourself. Great experience and brilliant salary. Work/ life balance is lacking as you are expected to work most of the time - I work ad hoc so you are always on call. I would prefer to work on a rotation with known time off to look forward to.
Pros
salary
Receptionist/Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Perth WA24 February 2016
The company in Canning Vale has now shut down, but whilst working there in 2007 I enjoyed the hours and the people were pleasant.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Got paid monthly
Culture of advancement
TCP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Perth WA15 December 2015
At Halliburton, we have a "Culture of advancement." People who work here truly believe that anything is possible in remarkably short time if they work hard enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halliburton. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K