Hamilton Island Enterprises Employee Reviews

great lifestyle with a sea change attitude
Housekeeping, kitchenhand, public area cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD7 January 2019
days are hot & humid,I learnt how to work with non english speaking people, management is great, when you come to work & do your work, they are always there to help you.Everyone works tireless despite the humidity, the hardest part would be the language barrier, the best part was working & meeting so many different people from all walks of life.
Pros
working on an Island surrounded by yachts & people
Cons
the constant hot, humid days.
レストラン勤務
ホテル (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island9 September 2018
 島内にあるレストランのひとつで働いていました。従業員同士がとても仲が良くアットホームな環境で働くことが出来ました。また、ローカルの人と同じ待遇で働くことができるので、就労意欲も上がります。
 グレートバリアリーフの広がるリゾート地なので、休日はシュノーケリングやダイビングも楽しめる最高な職場です。
Pros
海がきれい
Cons
物価が高い
great after work but terrible during work.
plumber gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD10 June 2018
was working on the island as a "services plumber" for over a year. work was ok, very very very poorly organised by manager. Manager was not even qualified for position as has no background in plumbing only gas? As the saying goes "fake it till you make it". management don't care unless it directly affects/benefits them.

Couldn't sum it up better my self than someone wrote on the staff bathroom wall - "Hamilton Island - Where second rate tradesmen become managers"

Most of the trades people have no clue in regards to work.

Island offer "free" training/upskilling only to hold it against you in a 12 month contract.

ANY PLUMBERS OR GASFITTER WITH HALF AN IDEA DO NOT GO THERE.
Pros
home within 5 minutes from finishing work
Cons
poorly managed
Official response from Hamilton Island Enterprises
12 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed the short commute to work though! We do invest in training and up-skilling our employees which means that we like to keep them with our company to an agreed amount of time. We have taken your feedback on board and have passed it on to the relevant managers. All the best for your next adventure!

hammo
Bar Manager/Guest service agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD26 January 2018
I was on Hammo a very long time ago, guessing it has evolved somewhat since then.
A very controlled environment to work in. It's like putting the gold coast on an island?
Fun and enjoyable
Kitchen hand / steward (Former Employee) –  Whitsunday Islands QLD3 January 2018
I enjoyed working on the Island very much always had time to myself when needed. Was a fun and enjoyable environment to work and live on and always had fun
Fun
F&B Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD29 December 2017
This place was fun to work for because of the manager. We had a good crew of workers who like to go out for beers afterwards and turn up to work the next day in the same clothes. Some of my best memories.
hamilton island
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  australia1 November 2017
Good place to work met alot of people really enjoyed working there.The beaches were amazing and the weather was great. Got to climb the highest hill the view was great
All out door acivities as above
Tour Sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD24 September 2017
The best ten years of my life....

I was very blessed to follow my instincts to make my way to the Whitsundays (Hamilton Island) I had only intended to stay for three months and it became my home for ten years.
I would recommend anyone to work on this Beautiful Island, it made me grow so much, with all the opportunities and training they provided not just myself but all Staff members.
Pros
win, win, win
Cons
Nice and beautiful place for work
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD2 June 2017
I met many friends from many countries.
So i had good and new experience in Hamilton Island with them.
But salary is not good beacuse my job was little bit hard for everyone.
And everything is expensive there.
Pros
Expensive lunch
Overall amazing growing experience
Steiner Cruise ship - 2015-2016Spa therapist (Former Employee) –  whitsunday islands1 June 2017
A 12 hour hardworking shift working in high paced working spa. A fully booked column including hardworking physical contact and dealing with people from all cultures around the world.Customer service and hardworking grew immensely during my time here. I love meeting new people and making them feel truly amazing during there spa experience learning each and every day.
Warehouse & Logistics
Warehouse & Logistic (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD5 May 2017
Normally Mon to Fri 8 to 10 hour days.
Dispatch & Receiving, with the follow up with data reports.
Unloading & Loading of containers & trucks.
Stock control & invoicing.

To be flexible with job requirements.

Enjoyable, approachable, some annoying, understanding, supporting.

Great place to work.

The chance in demands & rules.

The people & daily challenges.
Pros
Short travel distance to everything
Cons
Everybody knew your business
enjoyable workplace
Store person (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD15 February 2017
I enjoyed working for company made many friends while working there the supervisor was the best that I have worked for. Great work/life balance and plenty of activities to do around the island
Pros
cheap staff meanls and accomadation
Cons
when on call cant do much activities
great place to work, something new everyday
Qualified Electrician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island, QLD, Australia, 480331 January 2017
my experience in the company was great. I learnt alot while working there and the managers and supervisors were Professional and kind.
fun workplace
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD14 December 2016
Hamilton island is great place for working.
beautiful environment and good staff benefit.
the management is great, because the manager care about the staff.
the colleague is friendly and nice.
Great work environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD9 September 2016
Good friendly helpful team, great staff benefits, very good social atmosphere. Excellent balance between working and socialising. Great staff accommodation and facilities.
Kitchen Hand/ Public Area Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island QLD4 August 2016
Like working in the hospitality industry on an island and enjoyed work with different nationalities It was a great company who looked after its workers and supplied great accomodation and working environment
enjoyable and fun place of work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hamilton QLD20 March 2016
I very enjoyed my time on Hamilton Island.My accommodation was 5 minutes walking distance from the restaurant i worked for. M shift started either at 2pm or 5pm and finish around 11pm.
I work for one of the fine dining restaurant on the island based on italian food. I learned a lot about fine dining experience, food and wine knowledge and steps of service.
The team was strong and was helping new starter to find their place in a new environment.
It was hard working 7/7 in the busiest time (es. schools holidays, race weeks, Christmas and New year eve) but it was pay back on your days off: you 'll spend tem on a beautiful tropical island!
Pros
live on a tropical island
Cons
busy time of the island, working with same rate on Christmas and NYE
Fun environment
Strategic Procurement Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island21 July 2015
Great opportunities to change roles and learn new skills. Extra casual work can make it easier to save money. Great friends are made. Most Managers are supportive.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Personal life affects work life
awsome lifestyle
Handy Man/ Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, QLD28 April 2015
Living on island was amazing, I learnt alot and loved everything. Unfortunately we had to move off island due to the arrival of my baby daughter.
Beautiful place to work
Conference and events, Food and beverage attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Island, QLD10 October 2014
I worked on Hamilton Island as a food and beverage attendant and also a bit of house keeping. My role was to help set up and cater for both small and large groups which came to the island, this included a mixture of both day, night and split shifts, I enjoyed working on Hamilton Island as my job was great fun and it was an amazing location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Island Enterprises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3