Hamilton Island Enterprises
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hamilton Island Enterprises Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
a typical day at work was fun and enjoying you get to meet a lot of great customers and friends along the way. the work culture there is fabulous your teammates are friendly the bosses are friendly and understanding.
Think about going to work at 4am knocking off at 12, going to the gym then hanging out at the beach with all your new friends.. went for 6m stayed 14!!
Pros
Multi hire (getting to work in all different departs), I had an amazing boss that would go above and beyond for all his staff
Cons
Pay can be less but I was fine with it, just check when in the interview if it’s right for you!!
I enjoyed my two years working for Hamilton island Enterprises, it was an enjoyable environment to be around. I would to have the opportunity to work for them in the future.
my 10 months spent on hamilton island were some of the most memorable of my life. From beginning to end the whole process of empoyment there was of complete ease. Being able to work with a diversified team made every day exciting. the work life balance was decent. I'm certain in years to come i will be asking very nicely for my old job back !
Zeer multicultureel bedrijf met een uitgebreide doorgroeimogelijkheid. Daarnaast ook een zeer goede compensatie
Pros
Extra legale voordelen
Cons
Hierarchische management structuur zorgt voor onpersoonlijking
You will be underpaid, bullied and dismissed when things get quiet. It's ran by a bunch of miserable slave drivers that will get what's coming to them one day. Don't ruin your career here.
days are hot & humid,I learnt how to work with non english speaking people, management is great, when you come to work & do your work, they are always there to help you.Everyone works tireless despite the humidity, the hardest part would be the language barrier, the best part was working & meeting so many different people from all walks of life.
Pros
working on an Island surrounded by yachts & people
Cons
the constant hot, humid days.
 島内にあるレストランのひとつで働いていました。従業員同士がとても仲が良くアットホームな環境で働くことが出来ました。また、ローカルの人と同じ待遇で働くことができるので、就労意欲も上がります。
 グレートバリアリーフの広がるリゾート地なので、休日はシュノーケリングやダイビングも楽しめる最高な職場です。
Pros
海がきれい
Cons
物価が高い
was working on the island as a "services plumber" for over a year. work was ok, very very very poorly organised by manager. Manager was not even qualified for position as has no background in plumbing only gas? As the saying goes "fake it till you make it". management don't care unless it directly affects/benefits them.

Couldn't sum it up better my self than someone wrote on the staff bathroom wall - "Hamilton Island - Where second rate tradesmen become managers"

Most of the trades people have no clue in regards to work.

Island offer "free" training/upskilling only to hold it against you in a 12 month contract.

ANY PLUMBERS OR GASFITTER WITH HALF AN IDEA DO NOT GO THERE.
Pros
home within 5 minutes from finishing work
Cons
poorly managed
Official response from Hamilton Island Enterprises
12 June 2018
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience. We are glad that you enjoyed the short commute to work though! We do invest in training and up-skilling our employees which means that we like to keep them with our company to an agreed amount of time. We have taken your feedback on board and have passed it on to the relevant managers. All the best for your next adventure!
great place to try out lots of different jobs within Hamilton island, I got to take ona few different roles some being setting up for events.
a busy and thriving business. great for young people to experience island life. rooms where cleaned to a 5 star standard. learning privacy and integrity is a must
Pros
lunches
Cons
no privacy when your not working
I was on Hammo a very long time ago, guessing it has evolved somewhat since then.
A very controlled environment to work in. It's like putting the gold coast on an island?
I enjoyed working on the Island very much always had time to myself when needed. Was a fun and enjoyable environment to work and live on and always had fun
This place was fun to work for because of the manager. We had a good crew of workers who like to go out for beers afterwards and turn up to work the next day in the same clothes. Some of my best memories.
Good place to work met alot of people really enjoyed working there.The beaches were amazing and the weather was great. Got to climb the highest hill the view was great
The best ten years of my life....

I was very blessed to follow my instincts to make my way to the Whitsundays (Hamilton Island) I had only intended to stay for three months and it became my home for ten years.

I would recommend anyone to work on this Beautiful Island, it made me grow so much, with all the opportunities and training they provided not just myself but all Staff members.
Pros
win, win, win
Cons
I met many friends from many countries.
So i had good and new experience in Hamilton Island with them.

But salary is not good beacuse my job was little bit hard for everyone.

And everything is expensive there.
Pros
Expensive lunch
A 12 hour hardworking shift working in high paced working spa. A fully booked column including hardworking physical contact and dealing with people from all cultures around the world.Customer service and hardworking grew immensely during my time here. I love meeting new people and making them feel truly amazing during there spa experience learning each and every day.
Normally Mon to Fri 8 to 10 hour days.
Dispatch & Receiving, with the follow up with data reports.

Unloading & Loading of containers & trucks.

Stock control & invoicing.

To be flexible with job requirements.

Enjoyable, approachable, some annoying, understanding, supporting.

Great place to work.

The chance in demands & rules.

The people & daily challenges.
Pros
Short travel distance to everything
Cons
Everybody knew your business
I enjoyed working for company made many friends while working there the supervisor was the best that I have worked for. Great work/life balance and plenty of activities to do around the island
Pros
cheap staff meanls and accomadation
Cons
when on call cant do much activities
my experience in the company was great. I learnt alot while working there and the managers and supervisors were Professional and kind.
Hamilton island is great place for working.
beautiful environment and good staff benefit.

the management is great, because the manager care about the staff.

the colleague is friendly and nice.