HammondCare Employee Reviews

Working as an Assistant nurse
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Prairiewood NSW16 August 2019
The management team at this facility is horrible.
If you work as a casual, most of your shifts are always canceled. Rarely get to have shifts as casuals. Have still no proper day shift given because always canceling shifts. There isn't much training provided as well, you're just expected to know everything on your own. Some nurses are really mean at this facility and aren't willing to help either.
Pros
Cons
terrible management, shifts canceled
Good environment
Collaboration
Solving problems
Cooking skills
Work health and safety
Good
specialized dementia carer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 May 2019
Good
Good management
Fair pay
You can have a nice company and work colleagues, if you like the diversity
It also give you experience in aged care sector
Would never recommend anyone to put there loved one in there care
SDC2 (Former Employee) –  Horsley NSW8 May 2019
Hoesntly the amount of abuse towards the residents and everything always kept hush hush that place needs to be shut down 100% I actually got saked for speaking up for the residents not a good place to put your loved ones into care
Pros
The residents
Terrible worklife
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Western sydney2 April 2019
Terrible work life no support or help from management looked down upon shifts constantly changing never knowing where your going to end up long breaks in between clients too many restrictions on what you can and can't do and no career progression no incentives or appreciation for good work
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Mostly Everything
Work environment
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Morisset16 March 2019
It was challenging work, but very rewarding. I drove from client to client and attended to their various needs. Occasionally I took them shopping or for other social activities.
Deflated and jilted
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW14 March 2019
I was so excited to be given the opportunity to work in aged care without any formal training as training would be provided - never happened in the 2 years I worked for them. I loved the job loved the clients. Soon I realised that Hammond Care was all about their bottom line. They short change their employees on kms travelled and pass the buck when you question your pay, to date I’m owed $600 in unpayed kms with no one to give me a straight answer, now in the hands of fair work. They have an objective when they hire staff - hire desperate, meek and submissive caring women eager to be relevant and not make a fuss, when you question them or do wrong it’s the big stick approach, hopefully the royal commission will sort this bunch of crooks out.
Pros
The clients who also feel robbed and lovely co workers
Cons
Management and the whole system
Nice and friendly environment to work
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  North Turramurra NSW18 February 2019
Hammond care is the Christian independent charity aged care. The mission is to provide quality care to the people who are in need. Working in Hammond care is a great experience and gained valuable information and also pushed me towards my interest in to work in aged care as registered nurse.
productivity, charitable
Aged Care Assistant (team leader) (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW27 January 2019
Hammond care was a very good christian organisation to start working with, their clientele focus is excellent.
their educational program is excellent for staffs
but overall view of being a staff with Hammoncare, staff salary is rewards salary given that they are charity organisation.
I have learned so much about management skills, client focus and caring environment from them. Which given me a good experience and skill to look forward a better career in future in anywhere I go.
Pros
lots of training and learning
Cons
low salary range
Care support worker
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ulladulla NSW22 January 2019
Lack of daily support. Way too many miles driven each day. Worked from 7am to 8pm just to get in a 7 hour day. Often waiting and hour in an area far from home just to go to the next client for half and hour.
Pros
working indepentantly
Cons
They dont employ staff that have the experience
Good experience
Physiotherapy Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Prairiewood NSW15 December 2018
Good environment, not much supervision but gives freedom to learn by own experience. Hardest part is not knowing the patients and their condition as only there 1x a week as volunteer, hard to know how much to push them, vague info given by staff
Wouldn't recommend
Care staff (Current Employee) –  Hammondville NSW10 December 2018
So as most of you know on the news it talks about nursing homes being severly understaffed well Hammond is probably the worst place for it. The manager has actually taken more staff away when they were already struggling to keep up with the workload. There are alot of staff who don't actually care about helping the elderly as it is an easy job to get into. There's too much bitchiness between shifts, very little pay and zero appreciation.
Pros
You feel great within yourself for helping those in need.
Cons
Very little pay, no appreciation and no support.
I doubt I will ever leave
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW2 June 2018
I have been with Hammondcare since june 2017 and have loved working with the staff and management and the wonderful clients. We go above and beyond to provide the best care possible and I am proud of that. Constant training and development and we always have someone available to help us should things go pear shaped. Very supported and fantastic work culture. The management are flexible and work around whatever life throws at us.
Pros
Great training, supportive management
Cons
Travel is extensive (location issue not company's fault)
Aged Care Needs a Re-Boot
Dementia Carer (Former Employee) –  Horsley NSW7 May 2018
Always working with less staff that is needed to look after the residents while also doing the other jobs required within your shift making it impossible to properly look after residents safely
Productive and Exciting
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Central Coast NSW6 December 2017
I was only there for a day, but the people who worked there were helpful and eager to give advice and let me experience a great day there, letting me see how they help people in aged care and give the people living there a good time.
Don't get reconciliation for the hard work you put I
Specialised dementia carer (Current Employee) –  Horsley NSW6 September 2017
No one appreciates what you do or even acknowledges what you have done
There is no communication between the different shifts... job is not stable and you cannot live off the salary if yoh are a single parent
mentally challenging
Aged Carer (Former Employee) –  Hammondville NSW3 August 2017
Working with the dementia is a challenging role but worth will as long as you don't get involed with gossiping just stay true to yourself and follow directions
Pros
free meals and drinks
Cons
some workers being very bossy
productive workplace
Aged care worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 March 2017
My day at work consists of taking care of the elderly and treating them with dignity and respect,dealing with the residents families.
How death affects so many people and how the elderly rely so much upon the nurses and learning about thier past.
Management always called meetings to ask how staff were doing and coping.
Hardest part of that job was losing residents and seeing families get upset.
Most enjoyable part was helping the elderly die with dignity and respect and that your face was the last thing that they would see if they had no family.
Pros
Helping the elderly
Cons
not paid enough
Recieved new found respect for the dementia specific and their supportive partners
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2017
Loved reaching out to my clients and recieving love and laughter back. The management were fully supportive to the employees and were always on hand when needed
Pros
Creating happiness and comfort
Cons
Driving long distances between homes
I want to change location
Hospital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 November 2016
I want to happy all time in my life and family life and want to change life and location where is happy for me with my family also we have to approve our life to future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HammondCare. Our community is ready to answer.