HammondCare Employee Reviews

I doubt I will ever leave
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Coffs Harbour NSW2 June 2018
I have been with Hammondcare since june 2017 and have loved working with the staff and management and the wonderful clients. We go above and beyond to provide the best care possible and I am proud of that. Constant training and development and we always have someone available to help us should things go pear shaped. Very supported and fantastic work culture. The management are flexible and work around whatever life throws at us.
Pros
Great training, supportive management
Cons
Travel is extensive (location issue not company's fault)
Aged Care Needs a Re-Boot
Dementia Carer (Former Employee) –  Horsley NSW7 May 2018
Always working with less staff that is needed to look after the residents while also doing the other jobs required within your shift making it impossible to properly look after residents safely
Don't get reconciliation for the hard work you put I
Specialised dementia carer (Current Employee) –  Horsley NSW6 September 2017
No one appreciates what you do or even acknowledges what you have done
There is no communication between the different shifts... job is not stable and you cannot live off the salary if yoh are a single parent
mentally challenging
Aged Carer (Former Employee) –  Hammondville NSW3 August 2017
Working with the dementia is a challenging role but worth will as long as you don't get involed with gossiping just stay true to yourself and follow directions
Pros
free meals and drinks
Cons
some workers being very bossy
productive workplace
Aged care worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW30 March 2017
My day at work consists of taking care of the elderly and treating them with dignity and respect,dealing with the residents families.
How death affects so many people and how the elderly rely so much upon the nurses and learning about thier past.
Management always called meetings to ask how staff were doing and coping.
Hardest part of that job was losing residents and seeing families get upset.
Most enjoyable part was helping the elderly die with dignity and respect and that your face was the last thing that they would see if they had no family.
Pros
Helping the elderly
Cons
not paid enough
Recieved new found respect for the dementia specific and their supportive partners
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2017
Loved reaching out to my clients and recieving love and laughter back. The management were fully supportive to the employees and were always on hand when needed
Pros
Creating happiness and comfort
Cons
Driving long distances between homes
I want to change location
Hospital Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 November 2016
I want to happy all time in my life and family life and want to change life and location where is happy for me with my family also we have to approve our life to future.
Great Company with Genuine Compassion
Dementia Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney Australia18 August 2016
HammondCare is an amazing company to work for. The initial training / induction was second to none, the ongoing mentoring, support and professional development is daily. Additionally I work with brilliant people and have an awesome Manager.
Pros
Genuine Care for Staff
A well-managed nursing home
Care Staff Employee - Grade 2 (Current Employee) –  North Turramurra NSW17 July 2016
- providing physical care to residents with dementia, a high quality level of care.
- primarily I learned to be patient and to communicate therapeutically with the residents. Able to deal with them appropriately for their full care.
- we just had a new manager and so far, some of the changes she made in the facility is reasonable for the residents as well as to the staff.
- my co-workers are mostly professionals and works harmoniously with each other for the benefit of the residents.
- the hardest part of the job is being abused verbally which is considered acceptable with the residents' condition.
- I love and enjoy taking good care of the elderies
Opinion about the work place
Age Carer - Dementia Specific (Former Employee) –  New South Wales21 May 2016
Busy & productive. Policies & Procedures. Don't wish to comment. Friendly enough, worked well with most. Not enough time. Caring for residents & having some fun & laughter, family & friends also
Pros
Seeing residents happy and a smile on their faces
Cons
Not enough time spent with residents - to task orientated
Great stepping stone
SDC (Specialised Dementia Carer) (Current Employee) –  Caulfield VIC17 May 2016
HammondCare have lofty ideals however there are not enough staff to see these ideas executed properly. Management seem to make it up as they go along, sending out streams of endless memos that can change within a day. Most of the staff are terrific to work with however due to lack of job security many are seeing it as a stepping stone- a place to learn the ropes then move on to a better organised place with better pay.
Pros
Not far from where I live
Cons
Lack of job security
Insecure job even they offered you the permanent contract!
Administration officer (Former Employee) –  hanmondcare12 September 2015
With Hammondcare, there are many lovely people who works there. Lovely people who respect you and be friendly during your employment. The job over there is challenging but manageable. Average staff training experience. However when you have become dispensable, without hesitation (eg warning and your feedback of the tasks) high chance of termination rate.
Pros
attractive salary
Cons
insecure employment
Staff are great to work with
Care Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Hammondville NSW5 June 2014
Daily personal care needs are met
I learnt that it takes a lot to look after the elderly
Co workers are good to work with you need to be team orientated and have good time management skills
dealing with loss
happy residents
Pros
friendly residents
Cons
phsycically demandind
Staff are really awsome
Driver/Carer (Former Employee) –  Greenwich Sydney2 September 2013
My day was the best, making clients happy , loved doing that very satisfying and fulfilling, no support from upper management, so if things went south, you are left on your own, moral is low and staff leave after a while to take up better paying offers elsewhere, the hardest part is when clients leave or cannot come along because of change of their circumstances.
Pros
ground staff totally dedicated, very friendly and you make great friends for life there !
Cons
poor pay, no management support, no flexibility and do as I say big stick approach
Productive, easy going, challenging, exciting!
Assistant In Nursing (Current Employee) –  Hammondville, NSW23 July 2013
Shifts at hammond are very challenging but at the same time easy going! Ive learnt alot about life and challenging behaviours in this current role! It has given me a whole new perspective on life. Being a female nurse suprisingly the co-workers are amazing to work with!! They support you, encourage you and its always about a team effort there everyone gets acknowleged! The hardest part of the job would be pallaitive care! At the end of the day, its the residents happiness and being able to interact and knowing that you have changed a persons life is a remarkable beyond gracious feeling!
Pros
Free lunches and nurses days!!
Cons
Weekends and the unstable shifts!
enjoyable place
community care worker (Current Employee) –  hammondville11 January 2013
every person i work with is a absolute caring and pasionate person who strive to do there best in there jobs.hammondcare is such a great company to work for and i enjoy meeting and interacting with many different people from different cultures.
Pros
kms paid for
Cons
wish i could commit more time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HammondCare. Our community is ready to answer.