HammondCare

HammondCare Employee Reviews

Australia57 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Supportive Managment who truly care for their clients and staff

•Good pay rate and mileage •Supportive management•Ongoing learning opportunities•Lovely clients • Great family life balance and always understood when appointments or emergencies came up

Awful; stay away

Worked for this company for over 12 months. And it got significantly worse over time. Between the poor management. Useless staff and a manager that doesn’t care. Between the RNs who don’t know how to do their jobs. The unfair pay considering you do 4 different positions there and the fact they cap double shifts at 10 hours even though you work 16 is just pure unfair. I worked over the last public holidays. Was owed 21 hours public holiday rates and was paid only 10. Was due for 2 or 3 pay rises and never got them. Honestly just stay away. There’s no training what So ever when you start and are quick to throw you under the bus when you make a mistake.

An absolute pleasure.

Can not recommend highly enough very professional for this industry. Excellent training modules. Very fair pay covering kms if needed. On my left to take up full-time permanent work.

Not a great place to work

Management make you feel bad if you can’t do a shiftThey overload you with to many shifts, no breaks in between so constantly rushing to and from Cilents Some Cilents are really rude and ungrateful No notice if they change your roster/shift They favour certain staff over others Wouldn’t work here again May as well been a cleaner

An educative workplace with reliable people and good team work.

It was a good experience that helped and supported in the different careers workers had. It was a secure job that promoted open access of the nurses to ask any questions.

Pros

Good teams. Free snacks

Cons

Many residents to care for with less staff

Stressful and intimidating numerous staff left in a short period of time

Disgusting company to work for. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Treat their staff dismally. Managers bully staff. I have never worked in such a terrible environment

Pros

Cons

Constant Bullying

Fairly environment to work.

Pay rate among the lowest if not the lowest in the sector and unfair time deductions should you be late to work by few minutes for one reason or the other. However if unfortunately you have to overstay by some minutes to complete a task, you're not equally paid for that.

Pros

They train on the job

Cons

Over burden with task without looking at the practicability of it being able to be carried out.

Loved working for Hammondcare. I have worked for several other Aged Care Providers and put Hammondcare at Number 1.

Hammondcare Miranda was a wonderful work environment. It was a period of great growth and change within The company but also within Aged Care in general. Hammondcare embraced the changes and all staff worked tirelessly to manage all aspects of this change. A wonderful and positive Aged Care Provider.

Pros

Support

Fun work place

I loved working with hammondcare, the staff in the office and other care workers are very approachable and understanding. It’s a rewarding job in the way of helping people and making bonds with clients. Only part that isn’t the best is the money for the amount of work we do.

Good management and teams

Communication with management and workers was constant and professional. Regular meetings were set up for home carers to discuss needs and travel problems or scheduling to ensure workers were satisfied with their schedules.

Pros

Lots of quality training and constant follow up with staff knowledge

Cons

Homecare, split shifts or not enough hours

Hammondcare Sdc

Co workers are very friendly and supportive. Luck of support from management. No improvement in the machines. Management are saving a lot of money they hate over time.

Pros

Career opportunities

Cons

Not enough ours to work.

They really care

This company really does care about their clients and their employees. Taking care of the elderly was and always will be my passion and it's theirs to

Pros

The clients.

Cons

Not enough training before you start in critical care

Enjoyable and on-going training

HammondCare Sydney was my first entry level job in this field in which, I learnt a lot of skills and knowledge that enabled me to work more efficiently and provide the best possible care I could provide to my clients. Pay rate was average and for the amount of tasks required day to day, it should be a little more. There were also issues with scheduling. Quite a lot of last minute sick calls and I was asked to pick up a lot of extra work, which was fine but not enough notification time. Travelling to each visit can be a minimum of 30min and scheduling only gives exact times to get from A to B, not considering peak hour traffic that could push care workers time back. My manager at the time was fantastic and I could always rely on her to assist with any issues that I had. Met some fantastic care workers during my time there and overall Hammondcare was a delight to work for. I was also offered a position in the office though I declined for personal reasons.

Pros

Met a lot of wonderful clients and most care workers I met with were so friendly

Cons

sometimes not enough hours, last minute notifications, long travel time especially out of geographical area, salary could improve

Good ethics

I really enjoyed workinh at Hammond as a level 3 carer. I was inspired to do further studies and became a registered nurse. This company has ground roots of care practices that are holistic and person xcenteredand

Pros

Ehtics and care for the individual

the best place to work

I enjoyed every bit of working at Hammond Care.Everyday I learnt something new. Everyone at job were supportive. There is a great scope for career progression.

Good but long distance

Management is excellant. They care for you and protect you. Hourly rate is so so. Distance between clients are too far and you will meet new clients every 6 weeks as you are taking care of them after discharge from hospital.

Pros

many hours

Cons

long distance

Review summary written below

All personal patient hygiene. Showing, feeding,dressing,persoal interaction with residents. Documentation, recording vital signs. Management were available if needed. The culture was pleasant worked with multidisciplinary team. Staff worked well together. Hardest part of the job was being short of staff so the work was demanding. The staff communicated well to each other and we're helpful and supportive

Awesome multidis team

Great team to work with. Collaboration between staff and patients/families/carers is top quality. Good rep as a teaching hospital with extensive learning opportunities.

Comfortable Working Environment

It is a positive work environment, working by yourself within the community, as well as collaborating with a team. It is positive building a rapport with members of the community.

No communication, cliquey, disorganised

See above. I'd rather not relive the experience - met some nice people but the organisation is very closed - almost like a cult. Common in this industry unfortunately.

Great company great support and training

This company has a great goal vision and values ethos. They provide plenty of helpful training relitive to your work. The support systems are effective and easy to access. Staff support is also accessible and reliable. The work is soulfully satisfying and if your compassionate and passionate about people it is very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HammondCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HammondCare