HammondCare

Australia59 reviews

Clear
3.3Work–Life Balance
2.8Pay & Benefits

Fairly environment to work.

Pay rate among the lowest if not the lowest in the sector and unfair time deductions should you be late to work by few minutes for one reason or the other. However if unfortunately you have to overstay by some minutes to complete a task, you're not equally paid for that.

Pros

They train on the job

Cons

Over burden with task without looking at the practicability of it being able to be carried out.

Awful; stay away

Worked for this company for over 12 months. And it got significantly worse over time. Between the poor management. Useless staff and a manager that doesn’t care. Between the RNs who don’t know how to do their jobs. The unfair pay considering you do 4 different positions there and the fact they cap double shifts at 10 hours even though you work 16 is just pure unfair. I worked over the last public holidays. Was owed 21 hours public holiday rates and was paid only 10. Was due for 2 or 3 pay rises and never got them. Honestly just stay away. There’s no training what So ever when you start and are quick to throw you under the bus when you make a mistake.

Enjoyable and on-going training

HammondCare Sydney was my first entry level job in this field in which, I learnt a lot of skills and knowledge that enabled me to work more efficiently and provide the best possible care I could provide to my clients. Pay rate was average and for the amount of tasks required day to day, it should be a little more. There were also issues with scheduling. Quite a lot of last minute sick calls and I was asked to pick up a lot of extra work, which was fine but not enough notification time. Travelling to each visit can be a minimum of 30min and scheduling only gives exact times to get from A to B, not considering peak hour traffic that could push care workers time back. My manager at the time was fantastic and I could always rely on her to assist with any issues that I had. Met some fantastic care workers during my time there and overall Hammondcare was a delight to work for. I was also offered a position in the office though I declined for personal reasons.

Pros

Met a lot of wonderful clients and most care workers I met with were so friendly

Cons

sometimes not enough hours, last minute notifications, long travel time especially out of geographical area, salary could improve

Good but long distance

Management is excellant. They care for you and protect you. Hourly rate is so so. Distance between clients are too far and you will meet new clients every 6 weeks as you are taking care of them after discharge from hospital.

Pros

many hours

Cons

long distance

Horrible place to work for.

If I could give 0 stars I would. The clients are mostly great but the job it’s self and the management are the worst. They treated care workers as the bottom line and that they were nothing but the dirt on their shoes most of the time. Never paid correctly, never paid KMs correctly and they never discussed it with you they just cut it down to what they thought was appropriate and then paid you and when raised you were constantly got told different things and there was long gaps between clients and we were controlled on what we can and can’t do. They discribed is as cleaners not caters If you not over time you’d be told off. Management are disgusting plays favourites and are uncaring or sympathy I to any cicrcumstances that may affect your life. They do not have insurance for workers if they are hurt directly from them. Stay stay far away Not only this if your family member is hurt or not well we aren’t allowed to do anything and they don’t report it.

Good team work

Friendly staffs and RN Very good working environment Caring management Safe place to work Home environment Some staff are awkward Average wage BBQ party for staff and residents

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Low pay rate

Mission and Vision - the management is not practising

Empowered employees and minimal bullies but the management is getting worst, does not listen nor value its employees. Recruiting and hiring friends. God bless them.

Pros

Salary Packaging

Cons

Biased Management

productivity, charitable

Hammond care was a very good christian organisation to start working with, their clientele focus is excellent. their educational program is excellent for staffs but overall view of being a staff with Hammoncare, staff salary is rewards salary given that they are charity organisation. I have learned so much about management skills, client focus and caring environment from them. Which given me a good experience and skill to look forward a better career in future in anywhere I go.

Pros

lots of training and learning

Cons

low salary range

Don't get reconciliation for the hard work you put I

No one appreciates what you do or even acknowledges what you have done There is no communication between the different shifts... job is not stable and you cannot live off the salary if yoh are a single parent

mentally challenging

Working with the dementia is a challenging role but worth will as long as you don't get involed with gossiping just stay true to yourself and follow directions

Pros

free meals and drinks

Cons

some workers being very bossy

Insecure job even they offered you the permanent contract!

With Hammondcare, there are many lovely people who works there. Lovely people who respect you and be friendly during your employment. The job over there is challenging but manageable. Average staff training experience. However when you have become dispensable, without hesitation (eg warning and your feedback of the tasks) high chance of termination rate.

Pros

attractive salary

Cons

insecure employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HammondCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HammondCare with

• HammondCare
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?