Hanesbrands
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

12: Hanesbrands Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,630 reviews

Fun work place, can be slow and understaffed

Satisfying to help customers, only busy around Christmas time, some high quality products. Customer feedbacks/complaints have been passed on to HO but never changed.

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that we provide a fun place to work and produce high quality products. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we endeavour to learn and improve areas of the business to satisfy all employee expectations and experiences.

Great Place to Work! Bonds Bondi

Really great place to work, with fantastic people and excellent training. I felt comfortable to ask any questions and I was always given positive feedback about how I was going with my role as a sales assistant. Work became a place where I wanted to go instead of a place I had to go - and I am super grateful for that.

Pros

Great team, Great training and great manager

Cons

I was a Christmas casual so sometimes shifts were limited. But that is to be expected.

Supportive work environment with great team members!

A great company that looks after their staff really well but at a store level & head office. Plenty of opportunities to progress further within the company.

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that you feel well supported and value our many great career progression pathways . Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive for excellent employee satisfaction, and your review reaffirms how passionate we are about our people.

Collaborative workplace, great perks and fantastic management

I've had several retail jobs in the past and working at Hanesbrands has definitely been the best experience for me. The workplace culture itself is fantastic with amazing managers and very solid team members. The workload is manageable and never overwhelming and any issues that arise in the store are addressed swiftly and effectively. The brand also offers their team members a wide variety of perks and benefits as well as incentives throughout the year.

Pros

Fantastic team, perks and benefits, overall good workplace

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that you feel supported within our fantastic workplace culture and enjoy our many employee perks and benefits. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive for excellent employee satisfaction, and your review reaffirms how passionate we are about our people.

Best company I’ve ever worked for

The company culture is amazing! It certainly doesn’t feel like a hierarchy at Champion, it’s definitely a family. All management personnel I’ve met and spoken to are lovely and caring about their team and stores. Hanes Brand has continued support all employees by honouring rosters/wage schemes during stood down periods over lockdowns, to ensure we are well looked after.

Pros

Staff discount, Company culture, Job security

Cons

Very fast paced during busy periods

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that you feel well supported during uncertain times of lockdowns and feel valued within our amazing workplace culture. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive for excellent employee satisfaction, and your review reaffirms how passionate we are about our people.

Horrible environment

Working here made it feel like I was back in high school - the area/ regional managers are all stunted in a mean girl phase. There is barely any follow up for progression - generally they just use you and make you feel bad for not living and breathing the company outside of work hours. You’re expected to give extra time, break policies cause they can’t be bothered to do the right thing, constantly undermining their staff and making them look incompetent. The company itself allows managers to make you feel bad constantly and make you fight for things you’re legally entitled to like Bereavement leave. So if you like working for a company that makes you question everything about yourself, working on days a loved one is being laid to rest and to be whipped like a horse to pick up the slack for all the lazy managers who go and sit on their butts most of the day, go work for Bonds. Their culture is disgusting.

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

Everything else.

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We understand your concerns about certain behaviour of retail management and it will not go unnoticed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we endeavour to learn and improve areas of the business to satisfy all employee expectations and experiences.

Bad and greedy area manager.

Working as a casual for Sheridan means that the area managers do not care about you. They will consistently bring you down and make you feel as if you do not matter and that you need the company more than they need you, when really its the other way around. When you need something and attempt to speak to the area manager about it, she will shut you down and make you feel horrible. Ridiculous company and cannot wait to leave.

Pros

Pay, discounts and easy work

Cons

The area managers, work/life balance.

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We understand your concerns about certain retail management behaviour and it will not go unnoticed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we endeavour to learn and improve areas of the business to satisfy all employee expectations and experiences.

Christmas Casual

From day one, area manager chose his favorites. Young, cute. Manager very good, but feared for her job, in making decisions on her own. Company, good training, good product, poor work environment. Time management over rules customer service. If I was with a customer, middle of a large sale, and my time was up, you were told to go home, and sale lost to Manager. Record keeping of sales bogus, and you are then judged on your performance. As a casual you don't stand a chance. Manager rules.

Pros

Lovely customers, great product

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We understand your concerns about certain retail management behaviour and KPIs, this will not go unnoticed. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we endeavour to learn and improve areas of the business to satisfy all employee expectations and experiences.

Okay place to work with the right staff.

Great place to work if you were permanent staff member. Unfortunately they treat all the stores the same and don't understand country stores need more of the personal touch. Area manager can make such a big impact on the whole team moral and at the moment that is quite low. It's disappointing that managers don't feel comfortable they can be honest how the team is feeling. I certainly wouldn't work there in a casual roll.

Pros

Pay is disgusting

Cons

Great products. Sells its self.

horrible management

Work as a casual for just over a year and have never seen such a messy in and out of store management. They aren’t supportive towards staff members and are also not interested in progression within the company for current employees.

Pros

discounts

Cons

management

Hanes Brand

Great people and company to work for as they have a good business structure with friendly staffs. The company has a well defined management system which is most often very punctual with inquiries, orders, pickup and deliveries. In terms of payments and invoice, it is also of timely fashion and the rate is fair. The staffs and managers are consistent in their professional roles and sometimes can enjoy a bit of a laugh which is great.

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and professional management and business structure . Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive for excellent employee satisfaction, and your review reaffirms how passionate we are about our people.

Busy most days

Driving forklift most day getting pallets down and putting them back for Picker/packers if not doing that then pick/packing myself .

Pros

lots of hours so lots overtime

Cons

getting made redundant due to new management having there own staff

18 August 2021
Thank you for sharing your response about working for Hanes Brands Australasia. We love to hear that you were allocated hours that well supported your lifestyle. Your feedback is greatly appreciated in as we endeavour to learn and improve areas of the business to satisfy all employee expectations and experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanesbrands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hanesbrands
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?