Harris Farm Markets Employee Reviews

fun and friendly staff members
Casual shop assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 June 2019
HFM is my first really job, it as tough me many skills which I will carry for a very long time, they include customer services, communication and team work. it is a very diverse work place which help to exposes people to different cultures.
Pros
positive vibes
Cons
non
Good pay for casuals
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW21 March 2019
HFM provides good pay compared to different companies and businesses/retail outlets. However, poor management recruiting lets the company down.
Otherwise, its a good place to work to meet friends, and gain skills on a spectrum of tasks.
Good environment to start in retail
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Drummoyne NSW6 March 2019
Very easy work to pick up. Main roles consisted of assisting customers find items, stocking shelves, stock take and car service (carrying customers shopping to their cars)
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Physical labour
Good company to work for.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 January 2019
Fast paced workplace with a okay staff culture. Good discounts and some flexibility with hours. Staff are very friendly and customers are rewarding to work with.
Pros
25% discount.
Cons
Budgeting of staff hours.
Tiring, but a great experience especially for juniors
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Potts Point NSW22 December 2018
Harris Farms is a great place to start working. For me personally, working as a cashier was a weird but enjoyable experience. Customers can be a pain to deal with, but a fair few were nice and engaging to talk to. You are also expected to tend to the flowers/plants at times, face up shelves, work in produce/fridge/groceries or clean-up. The workload is certainly manageable.

The whole workplace ethics and management is a bit of a mix. The ethics sometimes aren't followed well, especially by certain supervisors who abuse their role. For instance, I was threatened to work more shifts (despite telling the manager and another supervisor) that I was busy beforehand. Furthermore, rostering is a bit of an issue. Regularly, there was a budget cut meaning that workers were rostered less. On certain weeks I received no shifts. However, the workplace strictly follows the policy of breaktimes, which is definitely great.

The workplace community is certainly very welcoming. The staff were extremely patient to support me especially during training and some were willing to give up their breaks and work extra to help me either learn the tropes or finish a task. Only a fair few were troublesome, but in this case, there were more friendly people.

There are also lots of workplace benefits. For instance, there is a worker discount for groceries. Furthermore, since the community is close there are also lots of events that can happen outside of the workplace.

Overall, Harris Farm Markets can definitely improve in many ways, but the overall experience of working there was enjoyable and
  more... I certainly would recommend anyone to work there. It was a great first job experience!  less
Pros
Worker discount, meeting new people, plethora of skills to attain, mostly friendly supervisors and peers
Cons
Lack of shifts, lack of ethics, security is a concern
i love working here but shifts are not enough for me
cleaner and closer (Current Employee) –  Randwick NSW1 October 2018
in this place i work as a closer and general cleaner. usually my shifts starts from 8:00 PM and i am paid hourly. there is peace and suitable environment while working. i had learned to operate vaccum and mopping machine.
productive place
Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Mosman NSW22 August 2018
it a productive and fun place to work and i learnt a lot while working there. Harris farm mosman is a multicultural work place with different race, my colleagues where great and supportive.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
hours
I worked at Harris Farm Market, Mosman as a customer service. I worked there for more than a year and collected great experience and attitude.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW15 August 2018
I got experience to work as a customer service as i worked in a Harris Farm Market as a customer service. I worked there more than a year and collected lots of experience and i knew how to deal with customer. What to do in a busy time. How to work in a group. I can also do refreshing the foods and products. I left there because mosman is far from my house.
Pros
I dont need free lunch
Cons
Long shifts
poor management, good environment
Mosman as a casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2018
Management was strict and poor, pressure to perform to an exceptional standard and if these expectations were not met, punishments (never physical) would be met.
Pros
sometimes free food, friendly co-workers
Cons
poor management, unpleasant customers
Productive work environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mona Vale NSW8 July 2018
First manager was great. Friendly, fun but serious working environment. Good hours.

However after 3 solid years of hard full time work a new manager replaced the old manager where a lot of difficult changes happened. I was completely open to change and can adapt to any situation but there was a lack of respect for all current staff and they prioritised new staff with little experience showing little compassion for the previous hard working staff. Little hours were given and we we're treated like it was our first day on the job. The new manager even admitted to having no idea what he was doing and weeks after I left to find a new job I heard he stood down from managing as he received to many complaints from employees and customers.

Harris Farm was an amazing place to start work as a young adult but that opinion is coming from when I first started working there. I would recommend it as a first Job when your young.
fun workplace
Price cheese (Current Employee) –  Flemington NSW2 May 2018
i learn how to cut cheese and wrap it and how to price it, i worked with 20 cultures different, and i learn and know different type of cheese, the job it was easy but i didn't completed because it was so cold in the fridge, the temperature was 4*
Pros
coffee
Cons
untel 6 pm
Good place to work at although the management was terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 March 2018
I learnt how to revise codes, using that to work very fast which was a good thing. The people were lovely but the management overall was terrible, they were so slow and extremely unorganised. The workplace culture was great, had a wide range of diversity.
Pros
great people
Cons
Management was bad
Disorganised and unaccommodating
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 March 2018
The workplace at Harris Farm Markets in Bondi Junction is disorganised (no roster) and there are no guaranteed hours for employees. The staff are not accommodating towards newer younger staff and many have been accused of stealing.
Racist workplace, constantly overworking staff, no forward thinking innovation.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2018
Not paying staff their correct wage for the hours worked.

No Corporate Responsibility Taken

Irresponsible handling of complaints, wage inquiries, OHS.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sunday Penalty Rates not paid according to the Laws.
Fun workplace
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 January 2018
The workplace environment was very good at Harris farm, giving me new challenges everyday. The staff were very friendly and the customer staff relations were incredible.
loved working there!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW4 January 2018
A great place to work however, they need more supervisors aa if one couldn't work the other one was expected to even if they were unavailable to, because I'm only 18 and I was a supervisor they kinda expected me to miss out on my social life and work over 34 hours a week with only one day off a week. I found it hard when I was unavailable and so was the other supervisor I had to miss out and work.
Pros
great money, and the staff discount.
Cons
long hours and not many days off.
Harris Farm
Casual Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW9 August 2017
Awesome staff, great environment, learnt heaps about fruit, i would restock shelves, help customers with shopping, cash handling, management were awesome
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale NSW31 May 2017
Harris Farm Glendale was a great place to work while i was at school. Unfortunately i resigned due to completion of my School Certificate and decided i wanted to concentrate on my schooling rather than working.
Some what enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW26 March 2017
Harris farm markets is a lovey place to work at time i have learnt a lot from there that i will take with me through the rest of my career. a typical day at Harris farm is a fast paced working day. This has given me the time management skills to be able to finish all of my other job as well as being the best i can be in my serving and customer service. The best part about working at Harris farm would be learning something new nearly every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours are provided
Boring work with no bosses support and no benefits
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 January 2017
- Boring work everyday with no motivation from bosses.
- There isn't job rotation and any boss interests on teach something new.
- Disgusting kitchen.
- Low management about workers.
- No support from bosses is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dirty and no bosses support