Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Harris Farm Markets Employee Review

Fast paced work place, passionate staff and great customer base.

26 July 2016
A day at work involves lots of jobs for a supervisor. There are many different working opportunities within the store such as fridge, grocery, meat, seafood, fresh produce, checkouts, bakery and butchery. This provides opportunities to learn new and useful skills, improves memory and time management skills and teaches people how to work effectively and productively with a large team of people. Management has its pros and cons but they do try their best to cater for everyone in the store for their holidays, days off and availability. Co-workers are very positive and motivated people, majority of the store interacts well with one another, friendly and approachable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be all the information you have to withhold but if you are good at management and you write things down it becomes easier. The people you work around are the best part of the job, they're positive and the team has good relationships with one another.
Pros
Free fruit allowance
Cons
Long hours in produce, roster issues.
4 January 2018
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Orange NSW
A great place to work however, they need more supervisors aa if one couldn't work the other one was expected to even if they were unavailable to, because I'm only 18 and I was a supervisor they kinda expected me to miss out on my social life and work over 34 hours a week with only one day off a week. I found it hard when I was unavailable and so was the other supervisor I had to miss out and work.
Pros
great money, and the staff discount.
Cons
long hours and not many days off.
26 March 2017
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) - Orange NSW
Harris farm markets is a lovey place to work at time i have learnt a lot from there that i will take with me through the rest of my career. a typical day at Harris farm is a fast paced working day. This has given me the time management skills to be able to finish all of my other job as well as being the best i can be in my serving and customer service. The best part about working at Harris farm would be learning something new nearly every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours are provided
12 December 2016
Casual Cashier, Front end supervisor (Current Employee) - Orange NSW
In my almost 3 years at Harris Farm Markets, I have learnt how to lead and manage a small group of people and ensure that all work is equal. My co-workers are wonderful, understanding people that all enjoy working at Harris Farm. Harris Farm has a friendly environment and is full of energetic people. Although the hardest part of any retail job may be customer service, it happens to be my favorite part. The management at Harris Farm treats its employees equally and friendly whist maintaining a strong authority. My overall experience at Harris Farm Markets has taught me so much and has prepared me for future endeavors.
Pros
Generous mandatory breaks, Free lunches around Christmas time, Easter, etc
Cons
Long Hours
  1. Fast paced work place, passionate staff and great customer base.