Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Harris Farm Markets Employee Review

Some what enjoyable

26 March 2017
Harris farm markets is a lovey place to work at time i have learnt a lot from there that i will take with me through the rest of my career. a typical day at Harris farm is a fast paced working day. This has given me the time management skills to be able to finish all of my other job as well as being the best i can be in my serving and customer service. The best part about working at Harris farm would be learning something new nearly every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours are provided
22 December 2018
Same role
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) - Potts Point NSW
Harris Farms is a great place to start working. For me personally, working as a cashier was a weird but enjoyable experience. Customers can be a pain to deal with, but a fair few were nice and engaging to talk to. You are also expected to tend to the flowers/plants at times, face up shelves, work in produce/fridge/groceries or clean-up. The workload is certainly manageable. The whole workplace ethics and management is a bit of a mix. The ethics sometimes aren't followed well, especially by certain supervisors who abuse their role. For instance, I was threatened to work more shifts (despite telling the manager and another supervisor) that I was busy beforehand. Furthermore, rostering is a bit of an issue. Regularly, there was a budget cut meaning that workers were rostered less. On certain weeks I received no shifts. However, the workplace strictly follows the policy of breaktimes, which is definitely great. The workplace community is certainly very welcoming. The staff were extremely patient to support me especially during training and some were willing to give up their breaks and work extra to help me either learn the tropes or finish a task. Only a fair few were troublesome, but in this case, there were more friendly people. There are also lots of workplace benefits. For instance, there is a worker discount for groceries. Furthermore, since the community is close there are also lots of events that can happen outside of the workplace. Overall, Harris Farm Markets can definitely improve in many ways, but the overall experience of working there was enjoyable and - more...
Pros
Worker discount, meeting new people, plethora of skills to attain, mostly friendly supervisors and peers
Cons
Lack of shifts, lack of ethics, security is a concern
4 January 2018
Same location
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Orange NSW
A great place to work however, they need more supervisors aa if one couldn't work the other one was expected to even if they were unavailable to, because I'm only 18 and I was a supervisor they kinda expected me to miss out on my social life and work over 34 hours a week with only one day off a week. I found it hard when I was unavailable and so was the other supervisor I had to miss out and work.
Pros
great money, and the staff discount.
Cons
long hours and not many days off.
12 December 2016
Same location
Casual Cashier, Front end supervisor (Current Employee) - Orange NSW
In my almost 3 years at Harris Farm Markets, I have learnt how to lead and manage a small group of people and ensure that all work is equal. My co-workers are wonderful, understanding people that all enjoy working at Harris Farm. Harris Farm has a friendly environment and is full of energetic people. Although the hardest part of any retail job may be customer service, it happens to be my favorite part. The management at Harris Farm treats its employees equally and friendly whist maintaining a strong authority. My overall experience at Harris Farm Markets has taught me so much and has prepared me for future endeavors.
Pros
Generous mandatory breaks, Free lunches around Christmas time, Easter, etc
Cons
Long Hours