Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Harris Farms is a great place to start working. For me personally, working as a cashier was a weird but enjoyable experience. Customers can be a pain to deal with, but a fair few were nice and engaging to talk to. You are also expected to tend to the flowers/plants at times, face up shelves, work in produce/fridge/groceries or clean-up. The workload is certainly manageable. The whole workplace ethics and management is a bit of a mix. The ethics sometimes aren't followed well, especially by certain supervisors who abuse their role. For instance, I was threatened to work more shifts (despite telling the manager and another supervisor) that I was busy beforehand. Furthermore, rostering is a bit of an issue. Regularly, there was a budget cut meaning that workers were rostered less. On certain weeks I received no shifts. However, the workplace strictly follows the policy of breaktimes, which is definitely great. The workplace community is certainly very welcoming. The staff were extremely patient to support me especially during training and some were willing to give up their breaks and work extra to help me either learn the tropes or finish a task. Only a fair few were troublesome, but in this case, there were more friendly people. There are also lots of workplace benefits. For instance, there is a worker discount for groceries. Furthermore, since the community is close there are also lots of events that can happen outside of the workplace. Overall, Harris Farm Markets can definitely improve in many ways, but the overall experience of working there was enjoyable and - more...
Pros
Worker discount, meeting new people, plethora of skills to attain, mostly friendly supervisors and peers
Cons
Lack of shifts, lack of ethics, security is a concern
Harris farm markets is a lovey place to work at time i have learnt a lot from there that i will take with me through the rest of my career. a typical day at Harris farm is a fast paced working day. This has given me the time management skills to be able to finish all of my other job as well as being the best i can be in my serving and customer service. The best part about working at Harris farm would be learning something new nearly every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours are provided
  1. Customer Service Associate / Cashier